Need suggestions for good walking shoes in europe

micruiser12

You're out sightseening, is attractive a priority or I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Since we were doing minimal carryon on luggage we all brought really only two pairs, Keens and dress shoes, looked good everywhere :D

I often see/saw tourits in 3" heels all dressed up, we all know what countries these people come from. They may actually be good looking in some situations, but I know what is the only thing I see or think "incredibly stupid!"

I would appreciate some suggestions for some comfortable and decent looking shoes for the anticipated walking I plan to do in Europe (not hiking, just walking) for a woman. Anybody out there have some good recommendations? I am hoping they will also be somewhat attractive if that is possible.:)

I prefer birkenstocks...the only "problem" with them , is that I would really suggest "working them in" or wearing an older pair, rather than a brand new one. The soles need to condition and adjust to your feet, this can take 6-12 months.

Personally I prefer the thong style ones "cairo" for men (the same style is available for women too). They are super comfortable, the leather straps hugs the top of your foot and provides the most amazing support.

I generally take two pair for a trip that might include wet weather, a mix of urban and rural walking, and a mix of chilly and warmer weather:

(1) Ecco Gore-tex hiking shoes look good and work as well in rural forests as on city streets, wet or dry. Hike in the woods then wear them out that night. I think the "Track II" is a super all-around travel shoe. Around $200 US at Nordstrom's or online

(2) Ecco water shoes. Sneaker-ish lightweight shoes with mesh sides. I've been using the "Boulder" model and like it quite a bit. About $125 US at Nordstrom's or online.

Archived