Independent tours - making payment

KayJay4

Just 9 days to go!!!

We have booked a couple of independent tours with companies recommended on CC. They all say payment is to be made in Euros at the end. My problem is that I don't want to carry hundreds of Euros around with me in case the pickpockets can tell with their x-ray vision (!!)

Has anyone paid at the start of the tour and do the companies usually accept this okay? I would rather do this so that all I have to do then is tip at the end of the tour. Would this be okay?

I think this pickpocket thing is so overblown, be mindful and smart yes. Change your habits, not so much!

I had a similar situation RIL in three ports ( two cars ) so it was 1000 euros per day, Greek Taxi in Athens and EKOL in Kusadasi and Istanbul. I carried the money in a belt under my shirt. It wasn't totally pleasant as we were going in the summer and in port it was warm. I kept my CC, cruisecard, spending money etc. in my normal pants pocket, carried a couple thousand dollar cameras too. I avoided and didn't need to access the money till end of the day. Beyond it being a bit sweaty it was still money.

I guess I could have paid at the beginning but I was going to wait to the end. Just like eating, I could pay when I ordered but I was going to wait to the end.

Good luck and enjoy your excursions. If you selected reputable people it won't matter if you pay before or after.

Just 9 days to go!!!

We have booked a couple of independent tours with companies recommended on CC. They all say payment is to be made in Euros at the end. My problem is that I don't want to carry hundreds of Euros around with me in case the pickpockets can tell with their x-ray vision (!!)

Has anyone paid at the start of the tour and do the companies usually accept this okay? I would rather do this so that all I have to do then is tip at the end of the tour. Would this be okay?

Archived