Service Elevators

NIBBLER

Does anyone know how I would find out locations of Service Elevators?

I've never seen any service elevators on the public decks of a Carnival ship. It's possible that they have some behind the crew only doors, but they are not accessable to us. The crew uses the stairs to come and go from the upper decks.

Sometime you will see elevators locked out, especially during embarkation while they are delivering luggage. That is almost always the case with the aft elevators.

During times of a great deal of crew activity, like shuffling bags up to the staterooms, a bank of elevators will be blocked off to the public. The Carnival ships have no service elevators.

Asking this kind of question can get you unwanted attention in these days of heightened security and paranoia.

Doc

Carnival ships do indeed have service elevators, and they are just that. They are not for public use. On Conquest class ships there is a set of elevators on deck 3 at the rear of the showroom where there is a crew service area. On Fantasy class there is set of service elevators mid ship in a crew only area.

What possible reason would you have for wanting to know this? :confused:

In order to avoid choosing stateroom in the area. I've read that the noise can be an annoyance and I was not aware that Carnival ships did not have service elevators. Seemed like a perfectly logical question to me. :p

In order to avoid choosing stateroom in the area. I've read that the noise can be an annoyance and I was not aware that Carnival ships did not have service elevators. Seemed like a perfectly logical question to me. :p

They do have service elevators, but they are not noisy, in fact the regular elevators are not noisy.

Im curious what a service elevator is ... that would be different than a regular elevator. OP are you crew??

In general, a service elevator is larger than a standard elevator, can carry heavier loads, and has either unadorned or heavily padded walls and ceiling.

In a hotel, office, or large apartment building, the service elevators are used for moving furniture and such between floors. Also known as freight elevators.

Im curious what a service elevator is ... that would be different than a regular elevator. OP are you crew??

This is a crew only service elevator on the Splendor.

IMG_2260.jpg

It's located just aft of midships. This particular location is at the Video Arcade and just aft of the Sushi bar on the Promenade Deck...

:)

In general, a service elevator is larger than a standard elevator, can carry heavier loads, and has either unadorned or heavily padded walls and ceiling.

In a hotel, office, or large apartment building, the service elevators are used for moving furniture and such between floors. Also known as freight elevators.

OK thanks.

Archived