Guarantee Cabin how often do you check?

vickie_bernie

We're 56 days out for a Sapphire Mexican Riviera cruise Dec. 11th. Booked a GTY AA category. AA is now wait-listed and all suite categories are available with several cabins. I check 3 or 4 times a day.

I asked TA to refuse a forward suite if we got it and put us back in the pool. We just don't want a suite with an unusable balcony. Anyone do that? After 36 Princess cruises, we've only been upgraded to a full suite once. Hoping this will be the 2nd time!

I check EVERY SINGLE DAY....

I get rather, err...obsessive about cruise planning. :o

I just love to know where my 'home' will be, and how I will get around the ship....

and of course, if I've been upgraded lol

also because of my time difference, I end up checking a few times a day...

Ok, all you princess savy cruisers...I just got our cabin assignment! I booked a balcony guarantee and got a BA on the Lido deck. I am pretty happy with the location. I typically chose an aft cabin when I cruise Carnival, but this is a new line and new experience. I booked a guarantee and consider this an upgrade. Comments?

Ok, all you princess savy cruisers...I just got our cabin assignment! I booked a balcony guarantee and got a BA on the Lido deck. I am pretty happy with the location. I typically chose an aft cabin when I cruise Carnival, but this is a new line and new experience. I booked a guarantee and consider this an upgrade. Comments?

Certainly I'd consider it an upgrade. You likely booked a BG or BF guaranty at hopefully an attractive price. The BA is certainly an upgrade from that so enjoy!!

I just booked my first guarantee, and I'm rather enjoying the excitement of checking for the cabin assignment every day.

We grabbed a BA guarantee less than 30 days from sailing, with no specific BA cabins showing as available. All of the minis (next category up) are fully booked and waitlisted. Almost all of the suites are fully booked and waitlisted. In fact, the only cabins that show available above my category are PH suites.

I'll be perfectly happy with a BA, but I'm secretly hoping someone gets upgraded to fill a suite and we land in their mini.

Question (probably not the right place) but on my reservation it states the bed configuration is "twins". I assume I can tell the stateroom steward we want those put together. My husband would likely have a cow if he thought we were sleeping in twin beds...They are automatically put together for us on Carnival...

Question (probably not the right place) but on my reservation it states the bed configuration is "twins". I assume I can tell the stateroom steward we want those put together. My husband would likely have a cow if he thought we were sleeping in twin beds...They are automatically put together for us on Carnival...

Yes just tell Stewart. ;)

its funny quoting myself, anyway, I just happened to pull up princess.com prices after receiving an email about a sale they are having and lo and behold my BG is $200 off pp... So, it appears I am going to lose my upgrade to get the $400 price drop...I don't care...that's alot of money...I'll be back to watching for the cabin assignment again. I was kind of excited about that cabin but I'm really excited about saving that kind of dough!

Question (probably not the right place) but on my reservation it states the bed configuration is "twins". I assume I can tell the stateroom steward we want those put together.

Once you have a cabin assigned, you can call Princess or your Travel Agent and have the configuration changed to queen.

Well, I'll make y'all feel better,,,,,,,,we booked a cabin and I still check everyday in case they decide to change things,,,,,,,,can't be too careful since we wanted a specific aft cabin. I also check, at least once a day, to see if the rate has dropped. Had the same thought as a previous poster regarding the down time on the website with all of us checking our stuff several times a day. These boards are also addictive :) OK back to work! :(

Okay... checked the Princess website.... all Cats on this cruise are now waitlisted.... we booked a BG in July... we're 50 days out and still don't have a cabin assignment?? :confused::confused::confused:

We're 36 days out and still no cabin. Our AA category is wait-listed and there are several suites in each category still available. Actually broke down and called Princess yesterday. Agent very nice, said since we're Elite, we have priority... whatever that means. For me, half the fun of cruising is the preparation and knowing our cabin assignment. If we're assigned a suite, you'll hear me shouting for joy. (Only happened once before.) Hope we don't have to wait until we arrive at the pier!

Well, I'll make y'all feel better,,,,,,,,we booked a cabin and I still check everyday in case they decide to change things,,,,,,,,can't be too careful since we wanted a specific aft cabin. I also check, at least once a day, to see if the rate has dropped. Had the same thought as a previous poster regarding the down time on the website with all of us checking our stuff several times a day. These boards are also addictive :) OK back to work! :(

HA HA! I did the same thing! We didn't get our cabin assignment until 2 weeks prior to the cruise...and it never changed!

We loved our cabin, even though we ended up on Dolphin deck where the balconies are uncovered. Each time we went out on the balcony, we "met" one of our neighbors above us and because those balconies "protrude", we were able to get a better view of the emergency evacuation of a passendger and got a better view of when the pilot got off and on the ship! LOL

I was wondering how they let you know when they assigned a cabin! I just checked and it isn't there yet. All of the interior cabins are sold out on our Alaska cruise for May. Do they go ahead and assign them now since they are all booked? Will they wait till after final payment in March? I sure hope to find out sooner than 2 weeks before we leave!

Shirley

I was wondering how they let you know when they assigned a cabin! I just checked and it isn't there yet. All of the interior cabins are sold out on our Alaska cruise for May. Do they go ahead and assign them now since they are all booked? Will they wait till after final payment in March? I sure hope to find out sooner than 2 weeks before we leave!

Shirley

There's just no way to know when it'll happen. This upcoming cruise, I got my assignment about a week after I made final payment, but other times it's been a longer wait, and some people don't even find out until they check in. It's all part of the fun of a guaranty! As far as how they let you know, if you booked with a TA, they'll inform the TA who will let you know. If you booked directly with Princess, they'll send you an email. Either way, the assignment will show up in your Personalizer. Moral: check your Personalizer religiously!

There's just no way to know when it'll happen. This upcoming cruise, I got my assignment about a week after I made final payment, but other times it's been a longer wait, and some people don't even find out until they check in. It's all part of the fun of a guaranty! As far as how they let you know, if you booked with a TA, they'll inform the TA who will let you know. If you booked directly with Princess, they'll send you an email. Either way, the assignment will show up in your Personalizer. Moral: check your Personalizer religiously!

Will do! Thanks for the info. This is the first time we have done a guarantee. We know it will be on the Baja or the Caribe deck (10 or 11). I hope I don't get one of the ones with the extra pull down beds that will be in the way. It's hard enough getting up at night and not hitting the TV/bar. I can't imagine having to bend around a lump on the wall in the night.

Brings a new meaning to "things that go bump in the night" ME! :eek:

Shirley

Archived