Oasis Aquatheater closed for 2 weeks?

cotomom

I agree totally that the loss of the Aqua show would not ruin my cruise in the least. In fact, had I not been sailing in an aft Boardwalk balcony cabin, I would never have known 1/2 the stuff that went on there was even happening. ;) there is just so much to do onboard, you can't possibly do it all! And, many of the things that DO happen at the Aqua Theater, don't involve the pool at all. Instead, they often use it as a stage. So, I suspect those events will continue to happen, just not the events that require the technical components of the pool (the raising and lowering of the pool floor), until they get it in working order.

I also wish I was back on Oasis, even without an aqua show, I think it is the best ship ever! :D I can not wait to try Allure!

Bonnie, any pictures of that particular boardwalk aft cabin? and views?

Bonnie, any pictures of that particular boardwalk aft cabin? and views?

How is this? ;) By the way, it was cabin #10729...

Here is a photo of our view looking toward the aqua theater from our balcony...

2808305460054674378S500x500Q85.jpg

Here is the cabin itself...

2298052760054674378S500x500Q85.jpg

Here is the view toward the boardwalk...

2615148040036355651S500x500Q85.jpg

Here is a link to a video my daughter took from our balcony...

http://travel.webshots.com/video/302...54674378QwKeXL

Thanks for the pictures!

Great shot of the aquatheater, with the backlighting.

Great pictures!!! Thank for sharing with us!!

Laura

I don't think OBC should be viewed as so unlikely. As customers and passengers we understand that it's a business and we understand the change in price drops for after the final payment - most are ok with it. However, RC must also realize that we are buying a product and we are buying the features of that product. If customers are not satisfied or don't receive what we expect from advertisement, then there should be compensation. Even if they give each onboard account 25 bucks, I'm sure it won't break the bank. And it's great PR for them as pax will go home and tell yet another story regarding how amazing RCCL is!

Was told nothing is being repaired on the Aqua Theatre and it is a

"Cruise Critic" rumor.:confused:

lolol.....don't you know it takes like a week for these things to trickle down to the point where a Royal agent might actually know about it.

lolol.....don't you know it takes like a week for these things to trickle down to the point where a Royal agent might actually know about it.

I was going to say just about the same thing..only mine was that RCI usually has a lag time of about a month before they catch up with the "news"on CC.:p

Was told nothing is being repaired on the Aqua Theatre and it is a

"Cruise Critic" rumor.:confused:

I don't think it is a "rumor" since the poster that reported the issue regarding the Aqua Theatre is on the ship now and her son is one of the divers that performs in the Oasis of Dreams show. She traveled all the way from Australia to see him and spend a week cruising on the Oasis. She was really disappointed in not being able to see him dive in the show. This is what she wrote:

I was going to post this right at the end as I didnt want to put a downer on this post - but as you have asked.....

The aqua theatre is experiencing mechanical problems - and is out of action for 2wks Im told. I was absolutely devastated as you can imagine - yes coming all this way - 35 hrs of travel to see the shows - not only to see J but also to be able to tell other divers abt it who want to get into the shows....I was soooo dissapointed - yes I had a cry - a big one. BUT - there is nothing anyone can do about it - the divers safety has to come first and I really appreciate RCC also has this view. The divers do have other things they are in - such as parades, do spotlights etc.

Although I am so dissapointed, this has actually given J more time to spend with me - and he has experienced a different side of the ship - so many places he hasnt even been too - and some he didnt even know about.I till want to see the shows Oasis of Dreams and Splish splash - so will have to come back next year.... Have to start saving again.... The trip has been awesome - but yes that was such a huge shock and disapointment. I decided there is no point worrying about it as nothing can be done - and I have to not let it wreck my trip.

We were on the Dec 5th Inaugural, and there was a sensor malfunction the night we were supposed to see Oasis of Dreams, so we missed it too. Did it ruin the cruise..no, we were disappointed, but added it to the list of do-overs, because this was one ship we wanted to experience again in the near future. I wonder if this is a continuation of the same issue.

I am surprised it's not being used as a swimming pool by day...there was removable signage (rules, etc) tucked away in the backstage area on the jogging path that made us think it might be used as a pool in peak summer season.

During my 7/10/10 sailing, the Oasis of Dreams show at the Aqua Theatre was a total flop. Too many technical glitches, music stoppages, etc. The show was restarted 3-4 times. I was not impressed at all. Moreover, the storyline was hard to follow and uninspiring, so the technical glitches made it worse for me.

The Aqua theatre is a tragedy waiting to happen. One of these days, a diver may end up splatting themselves all over the ship.

Thank goodness there's plenty of other things to do on the Oasis. Since I am going to cruise on the Allure next year, I am going to skip the diving theatrics and the water shows at the Aqua Theatre.

Just off the Aug. 7th Oasis sailing. Yes, the Aqua Theater was closed all week due to some mechanical problems. Did not hear when it will be fixed, but received a $100/cabin OBC.

BUT WAIT.....Royal claimed this was just a CC rumor:rolleyes:

Glad to hear that they are giving on OBC at least:)....I really didn't think they would even do that.

During my 7/10/10 sailing, the Oasis of Dreams show at the Aqua Theatre was a total flop. Too many technical glitches, music stoppages, etc. The show was restarted 3-4 times. I was not impressed at all. Moreover, the storyline was hard to follow and uninspiring, so the technical glitches made it worse for me.

The Aqua theatre is a tragedy waiting to happen. One of these days, a diver may end up splatting themselves all over the ship.

Thank goodness there's plenty of other things to do on the Oasis. Since I am going to cruise on the Allure next year, I am going to skip the diving theatrics and the water shows at the Aqua Theatre.

your post makes me quite angry - maybe you could look at the behind the scenes and the amount of techincal involvement this theatre has - to be able to bring the public such joy . maybe read my thread and then you may understand. The divers saftey has to come first - and to be honest - to see the other side of the aqua theatre - RCC has given divers all over the world a huge opportunity to do something they love as a job which has NEVER been available to these hard working athletes. Years of hard work and dedication have gone into every one of those athletes to even get to the level that is required for RCC to cast them. To not have shows for a week is devastaing to these athletes more than it is to passengers- I just crusied and am a mother of one of the divers - and also a coach - and have got 3 of my other divers cast for next year - I have coached them for 10 yrs to get to this level....... I feel sad that you can judge like this and not even go to the shows that RCC and the divers and cast and coaches have worked so hard to get to....It is your right not to go to the shows - but you will be missing out. I do agree with you though that all the other shows are so good that you will still have the best holiday. I wish you well on yourtrip and hope you have as good a time as I did:)

Im quite disappointed that this thread can be so critical - If I can still have the best holiday EVER - after paying 4 grand to go to see my son in the shows - and no shows happening - and I still had the BEST time and really commend RCC on this ship, shows, service, food, ports etc - then I find it really sad that people can judge the aqua theatre so quickly.... Im sure its just lack of understanding - Maybe they can search youtube - as there is a video on there that shows all the hydraulics for the aqua theatre - and how they work etc - absolutely amazing!And also - how the divers feel that they cannot perform for the week - and the team captians. Im sure they will understand then - theres so much to it behind the scenes than just a show - its amazing how much work goes into each and every show!!!! ( not counting the years of hard work all of the athletes put in to even get to the high standard that is required of RCC - which is why the shows are so good.) I for one really appreciate that RCC put the divers safety first - and cancelled the shows - as much of an inconvenience to me - It had to be done and was just one of those things that was uncontrollable.The ship is still awesome and with or without the aqua shows - people will have the BEST experience...Did you know that divers have to get thier scuba diving certificate - as they are underwater some part of the show and sometimes exit underwater. How the pool has been built is truley amazing - I shall post the link to the mechanics vid of it when I get back home in a few days.... Amazing how someone has come up with it! And really to be able to dive on a moving ship in itself is amazing!!!!!!I certainly dont agree with someone saying it is a disaster waiting to happen. Please do not be so quick to judge - that is why they cancelled the shows this week - saftey is first.RCC really do look after their crew and performers....... I couldnt commend them more highly.....I really hope you all have a great holiday - whether some shows go ahead or not - actually - I know you will!!!!!! I did!!!!:) I hope no one takes offense to what I have written - but the facts must be considered and just seems unfair to RCC and the divers .So I hope you understand a bit more now. If you have any questions Im happy to answer If I know the answers:)

I was the one of the fortunate ones. I was on the 7/17 cruise and was able to see the show in it's entirety. It did stop being shown on our cruise too after that show because of mechanical difficulties. It was brilliant and exciting and scary as hell!! If everything doesn't run smoothly, it could be a DISASTER for those amazing divers, who bring so much joy to everyone in the audience. No chances should be taken with their lives. It is sad that there have been problems, but it is their sadness we should be concerned for, not ours. Our cruises are certainly not built around one venue. I am sorry for those who never got to see it, and excited for those who will. We should put the amazing Oasis and all it has to offer in proper prospective.

Just off the Aug. 7th Oasis sailing. Yes, the Aqua Theater was closed all week due to some mechanical problems. Did not hear when it will be fixed, but received a $100/cabin OBC.

wow, X 2700 cabins, definitely not pocket change. I just wonder about mechanics since they can't get that ball on the promenade in Ex to operate reliably, never mind an entire bar and the Aquatheatre.

your post makes me quite angry - maybe you could look at the behind the scenes and the amount of techincal involvement this theatre has - to be able to bring the public such joy . maybe read my thread and then you may understand. The divers saftey has to come first - and to be honest - to see the other side of the aqua theatre - RCC has given divers all over the world a huge opportunity to do something they love as a job which has NEVER been available to these hard working athletes. Years of hard work and dedication have gone into every one of those athletes to even get to the level that is required for RCC to cast them. To not have shows for a week is devastaing to these athletes more than it is to passengers- I just crusied and am a mother of one of the divers - and also a coach - and have got 3 of my other divers cast for next year - I have coached them for 10 yrs to get to this level....... I feel sad that you can judge like this and not even go to the shows that RCC and the divers and cast and coaches have worked so hard to get to....It is your right not to go to the shows - but you will be missing out. I do agree with you though that all the other shows are so good that you will still have the best holiday. I wish you well on yourtrip and hope you have as good a time as I did:)

Yes, the divers in the show are super talented. And yes, I understand the level of dedication that's required to performing such a show. But if the acting, cinematography, music and storyline are not working in unison, all that talent and effort is wasted. In fact, you can say the same thing about Hollywood movies that go bust or put down by critics. All that really counts is the final product, the actual show.

The Oasis of Dreams performance that I saw had numerous stoppages due to the sound system and lights cutting off every 5 minutes. It came to a point where the music shut off completely for 15 minutes.

Did it ruin the viewing experience? Of course! Any rational person would agree with me.

You can't make everyone happy. Thanks to those technical screw ups, I am pretty sure there were plenty of other people around me who didn't enjoy the show at all.

Nevertheless, the rest of my vacation on the Oasis was exceptional. A single venue or show doesn't constitute my overall experience on the ship.

Archived