Oasis Aquatheater closed for 2 weeks?

cotomom

Haven't been officially told for our sailing (8/21) but read on a "live" thread that it's mechanical nature...

Well, i hope they can fix it quick and it is open for your cruise. I know it won't make you feel any better about it, but at at least the Oasis has a lot to do.

You never know, they might give some obc

We had some friends who were on the ship two or three weeks ago and said it was only open 1 day for the whole cruise because of mechanical problems. Sounds like they need some major repairs.

Mike

That's not sounding promising... :(

Sounds like they messed up the engineering on that. Movable pool bottoms and all that.

This just solidfies our plan to book the Allure and not the Oasis. What else was messed up in version 1.0.

The AquaTheater pool seems to be one large problem after another.

It was celebrated so much before the launch of Oasis and, IMO, has never lived up to the expected potential.

By day, the AquaTheater functions as a pool and lounge area. Passengers can swim in the kidney-shaped pool, which will be the largest and deepest (almost 18 feet deep) freshwater pool at sea or sunbathe on loungers along the tiered platforms surrounding the pool. SCUBA lessons will also be offered in the pool during the afternoon.
http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=699

Has it ever been used for anything other than the performances?

The AquaTheater pool seems to be one large problem after another.

It was celebrated so much before the launch of Oasis and, IMO, has never lived up to the expected potential.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=699

Has it ever been used for anything other than the performances?

During the week of my Oasis cruise (7/24/10) the Aqua Theater was used for many things, but was never used for public swimming. The aqua show "Oasis of Dreams" was held several nights (one night it was rained out). They also held a comedy dive show one afternoon "Splish Splash". The belly-flop contest was held at the aqua theater, as well as several other impromptu programs and events throughout the week. It was really quite active back there, now that I think about it. But, there were technical difficulties several times during the "Oasis of Dreams" shows that had to be overcome before the show could continue.

We also had technical difficulties during "Hairspray" in the main theater as well, that caused the show to stop and start over from the beginning, which was sort of weird. Last, but not least, we got stuck "mid-rise" on the Rising Tides Bar one evening and were held captive for about an hour. :eek: But, all-in-all we had a great week on Oasis and even with the technical difficulties I would return in a heartbeat and do it all again! :D

Unfortuneatly the aquatheater has been plagued with technical difficulties from day 1......hopefully they made changes to Allure's to correct these issues. I also remember some technical difficulties with the Rising Tides Bar back from the naming ceremony....most of the issues seemed to be computer glitches. I guess the more complicated they get the more issues can arise....not great news....but hopefully they will finally get the aquatheater straighted out once and for all.

We were just on Oasis with Bonnie Voyager. The only thing we saw in the Aqua theatre was Oasis of Dreams on the first night. It was very good but if we hadn't been able to see it that definitely would not have ruined my cruise. Not a make or break for the cruise at all. So to all of you sailing soon, don't stress over it. There are so many other great shows and fun things to do that you will probably not even miss it ;) Oasis is an amazing ship - I wish I was back on her :D

We were just on Oasis with Bonnie Voyager. The only thing we saw in the Aqua theatre was Oasis of Dreams on the first night. It was very good but if we hadn't been able to see it that definitely would not have ruined my cruise. Not a make or break for the cruise at all. So to all of you sailing soon, don't stress over it. There are so many other great shows and fun things to do that you will probably not even miss it ;) Oasis is an amazing ship - I wish I was back on her :D

I agree totally that the loss of the Aqua show would not ruin my cruise in the least. In fact, had I not been sailing in an aft Boardwalk balcony cabin, I would never have known 1/2 the stuff that went on there was even happening. ;) there is just so much to do onboard, you can't possibly do it all! And, many of the things that DO happen at the Aqua Theater, don't involve the pool at all. Instead, they often use it as a stage. So, I suspect those events will continue to happen, just not the events that require the technical components of the pool (the raising and lowering of the pool floor), until they get it in working order.

I also wish I was back on Oasis, even without an aqua show, I think it is the best ship ever! :D I can not wait to try Allure!

We just got off Oasis (7/31 sailing). I believe that the show was canceled the first night but the remaining shows went off without a hitch. The show we saw was very good, however it would not make or break a cruise for us. The belly flop contest was also held at the Aqua Theatre. There were other shows scheduled like splish splash and water fountain shows but since we were too busy doing other things I couldnt tell you if they were canceled or not. I truly love the design of the ship with the Aqau Theater in the back of the ship and my favorite spot is looking down on the back of the ship from the sports deck. It is a shame that it is down for repairs but it is a pretty high tech theatre and diver saftey has to be first and foremost. Maybe once these repairs are done it will be "fixed" once and for all.

Archived