Day in NYC between B2B (Brooklyn Pier)

hubble

We will are doing a B2B on Princess and will have the 23OCT in NYC between the 2 cruises. Anyone who has done this before, what was your day like? Do we have plenty of time to taxi to battery park and do Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island on our own? Does Princess offer any shore excursions that return back to the ship after? What time did they let you off/require you to be back on-board? First time doing a B2B so this is a new experience for us. Thanks for any suggestions/experiences/suggestions you can share!

You will have to go through customs as the ship needs to be cleared. You will likely have to go off the ship for a little while during the process.

Other than that you can come and go as you please like any day in port.

You will need to be back on the ship 30 minutes before departure but given traffic in NYC I would not cut it that close.

Keith

In my opinion you will not have time to go to the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island. Battery Park is a far ways from Brooklyn by taxi and the ride is $$$. Unless you arrive very, very early in the morning the wait for the ferry can be long and hot (even in Oct:D). I would doubt that any tickets for the Statue are available for Oct. as Nov. tickets are pretty well gone at this time. Your main concern is not to miss your ship!:)

Enjoy your time at sea:)

B.

In my opinion you will not have time to go to the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island. Battery Park is a far ways from Brooklyn by taxi and the ride is $$$. Unless you arrive very' date=' very early in the morning the wait for the ferry can be long and hot (even in Oct:D). I would doubt that any tickets for the Statue are available for Oct. as Nov. tickets are pretty well gone at this time. Your main concern is not to miss your ship!:)

Enjoy your time at sea:)

B.[/quote']

? the taxi fare to Battery park is less than $20 for up to 4 people but I do agree with you that time will be a problem to visit the SOL or Ellis Island buteven during rush hour the cab shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to South Ferry. Its only two miles through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. You can easily make it to South Ferry take the Staten Island Ferry across and back which comes very close to the Statute of Liberty. Also you will have time to walk on Wall Street, see where GW was sworn in as the first president. I would also suggest the Museum of the American Indian in the old customs house by South Ferry as well(its free its part of the Smithsonian-the building is interesting too.

http://www.nmai.si.edu/subpage.cfm?subpage=visitor

Also please check with the cruise line on what time you have to be back on board.

Having just visited NYC a few weeks ago (from the West Coast) on a land vacation and we cruised out of Brooklyn a few years ago - I'd take a cab to Grimaldi's pizza for lunch and then walk into Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge. You can walk up to Little Italy and Chinatown easily from there. Not sure how much a cab would be from there to return to the ship but WE had a great time!

Having just visited NYC a few weeks ago (from the West Coast) on a land vacation and we cruised out of Brooklyn a few years ago - I'd take a cab to Grimaldi's pizza for lunch and then walk into Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge. You can walk up to Little Italy and Chinatown easily from there. Not sure how much a cab would be from there to return to the ship but WE had a great time!

I must tell you that standing in line for Pizza at Grimaldi's is the last thing I would want to do.

A cab back from little Italy/Chinatown should be no more than $15.00

http://www.brownstoner.com/brownstoner/archives/2010/08/grimaldis_owner.php#comments

that's me commenting there too...

Hey - the OP wants to go to the SOL. Doesn't sound like that would be a big problem if they prepurchased tickets. They may not be able to go to the crown, but if they get off first thing and take a cab to Battery Park, they should be able to go to Liberty Island and back.

Does anyone have any suggestions for making the SOL happen for them that day? It's a Saturday.

Archived