Tell your favorite things to do in Mazatlan

jerseysmom

Have not do the walking tour, but the church is near the central market, and near the Opera house, which has some nearby artsy shopping. and the area would seem like the likely location. If you have not done older urban Mexico, it would be an enlightening experience

Church on left side of pic from cruise ship below

CruiseTerminal4.jpg

Church1.jpg

Opera House

OperaHouse.jpg

Central Market

CentralMarket2.jpg

I am interested too...we have similar interests...

We are thinking of eating at Tonys on the Beach and maybe shopping in the golden zone.

ps...what is the "golden zone"...I figured it was the main turisto area:p

The Golden Zone is just SSDD bunch of junk T-shirt shops,jewelry shops, etc.

My suggestion would be to go to "Old Town" you will find museums,quaint restaurants & original art from local artist. I bought a "fish like creature" that was made out of a coconut shell for only $7. Every one was made & painted little different, no two were alike. We try to collect small pieces of art from every Mexican town we visit.

I am wondering if anyone has done the old town walking tour with the ship? We are wondering if you get much shopping in. ALso the city , shopping & beach tour in Mazatlan?

Mazatlan Frank sound good too.

If anyone has done the ones through the ship that would be good to know.

Hi all!

I did the ship's tour SIerra Madre, Concordia & Copala in 2006 while on the X Mercury.

I really enjoyed those colonial towns & great food.

DH is interested in going to Mazatlan for a week in Feb. to an AI. We are not beach

people so would like to stay an easy walk to the centre of town. Anyone know the name of any hotels in the area? Thanks.

~Jo~ :)

Hi all!

I did the ship's tour SIerra Madre, Concordia & Copala in 2006 while on the X Mercury.

I really enjoyed those colonial towns & great food.

DH is interested in going to Mazatlan for a week in Feb. to an AI. We are not beach

people so would like to stay an easy walk to the centre of town. Anyone know the name of any hotels in the area? Thanks.

~Jo~ :)

I would not be too concerned about finding a hotel within walking distance of the center of town. Mazatlan has buses running everywhere and for a little over 50 cents US( 6.50 pesos), you can ride the bus. Just look for one that has Centro on the window.

We had the best time in mazatlan with Ginger's Bilingual Horses at La Playa Bruja.

We took a taxi ($20 each way) and arrived at the restaurant. It is north and a ways out - but sooo worth the drive. It was practically deserted and the sand was smooth and the waves were calm so my girls could play without me worrying. We collected a whole bucket of sea shells.

We had already made arrangements with Ginger via email and paypal. She picked us up at the restaurant and then took us to the horses. We got matched up - it was another couple plus myself, my husband and our twin girls who are 5 1/2. A guide for each of them rode next to them and held their horse's reins.

We walked along the empty beach and enjoyed the view and peacefulness. We even trotted a little. Afterwards we were dropped off at the restaurant and had an amzaing lunch complete with coconut shrimp and a hug mango margarita. We used the beach area & then our taxi picked us up and took us back to the ship. It was so amazing!

p1050444f.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1050466t.jpg

p1050476c.jpg

p1050497o.jpg

Just of Mariner this past Sunday. We and couple we were traveling with signed up for the Salsa, Salsa, Margarita excursion thru the ship and found it to be an absolute great time. The excursion took place at the Royal Villas Hotel in a beautiful open air area of the lobby. In addition to a great time during the actual excursion, you are able to use the Hotel pool and beach once the excusrion is over. After the excursion we opted to shop first (received great advice from staff to walk "left" out of the hotel, not "right" towards Golden Zone to save money on items - including finding cheapest prices on Orlando's organic Vanilla). We then returned to hotel to use pool and beach. Towels were availble at no charge and was a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. No pressure to buy drinks or food while hanging out. Transportation was provided if we left Hotel by 2 pm ship time. We opted to stay longer and paid the $10 cab ride back to the ship.

Have been there twice.

First did the Salsa Salsa tour, great fun, great drinks, great fun, great food, great fun!

Next walked from the dock down to the end of the street and took the 'ferry' (a johnboat) over to Stone Island. Spent the day at Puesta De Sol. Great day - good food and drinks, clean bathrooms (a must!), umbrellas and chairs for relaxing and nice swimming. Inexpensive day. A little busy in the afternoon but big fun.

Shopped around the dock area both times and they make THE best Sangria in the bar in the middle.

Going back in December. This time, I want to see Old Mazatlan and go back to Stone Island.

Has anyone else tryed Van Man Tours? We were thinking of trying the City & Beach Tour? We tryed Mazatlan Frank, but he only has the all day city tour available that day. Also wondering about the ship all inclusive resort day? Thanks:)

Archived