Unlimited Laundry Package

MMJK

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam for 14 nights around the Carribean, as we are flying from Australia (a lovely 26ish hour flight) we are wanting to take minimal luggage/attire. I have heard of the package HAL provides in regards to unlimited laundry, i have checked the website can't seem to see where this can be purchased. Any assistances would be grealty appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Hi All,

We are sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam for 14 nights around the Carribean, as we are flying from Australia (a lovely 26ish hour flight) we are wanting to take minimal luggage/attire. I have heard of the package HAL provides in regards to unlimited laundry, i have checked the website can't seem to see where this can be purchased. Any assistances would be grealty appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

I've never heard of such a package; the closest to it I can think of is that guests staying in full suites (PS, SA, SB & SC) do receive complimentary laundry services (in addition to other benefits) throughout the duration of the cruise.

Hi All,

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

We are two Aussies who recently sailed on Eurodam - Baltic Cruise and we purchased the unlimited laundry package. It cost $90 US and as we had been travelling for two months prior to the cruise it was the best money we spent the whole trip! When you get on board, there will be a laundry bag in your wardrobe and you can just tick the unlimited box. We placed our laundry in the bag on the bed each morning and early evening and got it back the next day washed, pressed and on hangers.

Regards, KRis

Hi All,

Cheers

Mark

Unlimited laundry on a seven day cruise is $45.00, so just double that amount.

Unlimited pressing on a seven day was $35.00 additional.

Unlimited laundry on a seven day cruise is $45.00, so just double that amount.

Unlimited pressing on a seven day was $35.00 additional.

We are only paying $28.00 for unlimited pressing on Maasdam on a 7 night cruise. It is calculated on $4.00 per day. The unlimited laundry would be $49.00 which is based on $7.00 per day.

Perhaps it is different on a Vista vs S or R class, etc. Which ship were you on and when?

Note that in 2008 on a 10 night cruise on Noordam we paid $99.00 for both unlimited laundry and unlimited pressing. The pressing was $3.00 per day at the time.

To the OP, the packages are for two people in the same stateroom.

Hi Mark,

We are two Aussies who recently sailed on Eurodam - Baltic Cruise and we purchased the unlimited laundry package. It cost $90 US and as we had been travelling for two months prior to the cruise it was the best money we spent the whole trip! When you get on board, there will be a laundry bag in your wardrobe and you can just tick the unlimited box. We placed our laundry in the bag on the bed each morning and early evening and got it back the next day washed, pressed and on hangers.

Regards, KRis

How many days/nights was your cruise? The numbers don't match what we are being charged (calculated on either 7 or 10 days) but with that said I recall a number of years ago there were discrepancies on this board and Seattle told me that the laundry charges were more in Europe than what they charged in North America....

Another option we just used on our recent Noordam cruise was $20 per bag of laundry. We used it three times on our 17 day cruise so that came out to $3.50/day. They provide the aforementioned bag in your cabin and you fill it as full as you can for $20. It is amazing how much you can get in a bag ;). It helped us a lot as we had three people and had two small carry-on backpacks and three medium pieces of luggage for a total of 21 days worth of travel.

Kirk

The only time I have used an unlimited package (pressing) was on the Eurodam and I had to sign up for it at the front desk and then indicate that I had it by ticking of the appropriate box on the laundry slip each time I sent out pressing.

I have used laundry by the bag for socks, pajamas, husband's underwear and things I don't really care about. Since they use very hot water for everything and I never put my good shirts in the dryer, I just wash them in the basin and hang them to dry.

I know it is not what one wants to do on vacation but I don't want to come home with a bunch of shrunken, off coloured shirts.

Hi All,

Cheers

Mark

On our 14 day cruise on Amsterdam to Alaska this past May we were going to use the unlimited laundry package and the price would have been about $7 per day. However, since we could also choose which days we wanted the $20 bag special we used that instead, using it 3 different days which worked out fine for us and saved us money over the unlimited price. The laundry bag holds lots of clothes if you roll and stuff the clothes in.

The laundry form lets you check mark whether you are doing unlimited, the bag special, or a la carte individual pricing.

...at the time your boarding documents are ready. Since mine is a GV, I received "hard copy" docs which included a page with the opportunity to purchase such items as unlimited laundry for that particular cruise. It looks as if any cruise-specific costs are sorted out at that time.

Mary Ellen

...at the time your boarding documents are ready. Since mine is a GV, I received "hard copy" docs which included a page with the opportunity to purchase such items as unlimited laundry for that particular cruise. It looks as if any cruise-specific costs are sorted out at that time.

Mary Ellen

We had a balcony and did not receive any 'hard copy' before our cruise. There was nowhere to prepurchase unlimited laundry. All of our docs, including luggage tags, were online and there was no list of items to prepurchase.

The HAL rep, as well as others who've purchased unlimited laundry before, told us to either sign up at Front Desk, or ask our cabin steward, but I think we could have just marked the 'unlimited laundry' option on the in-cabin laundry form and gotten it that way.

We have used the laundry by the bag option many times. I would agree not to send your best things through there, or anything that's really dark.

We've had no problems with shrinkage (except as an excuse for tiny amounts of weight gain:o).

On our last 10 day cruise, we used unlimited pressing, and 1 laundry by the bag.

I brought everything un-ironed, then sent it to be ironed on the first day:D. I can't put my fingers on the cruise account statement from that trip, so I can't tell you what the cost was.

On the 20 day Noordam cruise last November, we bought the unlimited pressing ($30.00) and unlimited laundry ($120.00). I am getting that price off my cruise account statement, so I know that was what we paid.

Most of our clothes came home clean and pressed.

I'm pretty sure we ordered the laundry and pressing ahead of time over the phone with HAL.

I also know that in the book they put on the desk with shipboard information, there is a page that details ordering these things.

It's a bargain in mho.

We are only paying $28.00 for unlimited pressing on Maasdam on a 7 night cruise. It is calculated on $4.00 per day. The unlimited laundry would be $49.00 which is based on $7.00 per day.

Perhaps it is different on a Vista vs S or R class, etc. Which ship were you on and when?

That has been the going rate for the last few years on the Vistas and the Eurodam.

From what I had been told at the time, it can vary from voyage to voyage.

I had emailed HAL prior to our last cruise (February) and was quoted a whole different set of prices.

You will know for sure once you are on board, but at least those are some ballpark numbers.

Archived