Least D+ cruisers

It's hard to say, but if I had to make an educated guess, I would say during the height of the summer months. IMO experienced cruisers know the risks.

I think you are correct. Most of the D+ on this board that I see posting are older, some retired, mostly grown children, and we avoid the crowds during the summer. I'm not saying all D+ do this, but I think many do.

We also tend to do longer and b2b cruises. It's either having more money to cruise, so booking suites and getting extra credits, or it's about having more time and taking off-season cheaper, or repositioning, or transatlantic cruises. These get you more credits for less money.

My wife and I are in our mid 30's and do most of our cruising in the winter. The weather is too nice in Michigan to leave during the summer.

Except this year. We need a cruise fix so we are doing a quick 3 day.

We are Diamond Plus and have taken cruises almost every month of the year (not all the same year). I can't even imagine what time of the year or what itineraries are the least likely to have Diamond Plus passengers.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say you would be least likely to see Diamond Plus members on the Royal Caribbean ships that do not have a concierge lounge such as Majesty and Sovereign. That is just a guess, however.

We're far from retired, we're Diamond Plus, and we never cruise in the summer. For numerous reasons we don't find summer cruises enjoyable. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day we won't be on any cruise ships.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say you would be least likely to see Diamond Plus members on the Royal Caribbean ships that do not have a concierge lounge such as Majesty and Sovereign. That is just a guess, however.

That would be a guess. We are on the Monarch often enough and the Sovereign before that. Sovereign is now with RCCL's Pullmantur (sp) out of Spain. There are always a goodly number of D+ on these short cruises. Many of us are retired in Florida and it is too easy to drive to the port. Only 20 minutes for us :D:D:D . We love seeing Desmond in the VC lounge (Ellington's) and don't really need the CL to get by. Hope to see him in 3 weeks!

Hello...Same as kewlguy (Hi Anthony--remember Explorer OTS in 2008, dinner with Captain Sverre?), we usually cruise repos and sometimes January- when we combine a visit with friends in San Juan, PR. Only summer cruises are to Alaska.

Take Care, Anthony!

Helen

Hello...Same as kewlguy (Hi Anthony--remember Explorer OTS in 2008, dinner with Captain Sverre?), we usually cruise repos and sometimes January- when we combine a visit with friends in San Juan, PR. Only summer cruises are to Alaska.

Take Care, Anthony!

Helen

How could I forget? :) Hope all is well with you two.

We never sail in the summer months with alot of kids, June and July sometimes late Aug. or early Sept. ( Sailing on The Freedom of the Seas Aug. 29th Eastern Caribbean in less than two weeks) We sail most of the time during Feb. thru May in the Caribbean.

It's hard to say, but if I had to make an educated guess, I would say during the height of the summer months. IMO experienced cruisers know the risks.

Danney (the LA on Monarch) said the same thing last month. His thought was that it was much more expensive to cruise in summer, so most experienced cruisers stay away from the high prices. On one of the 4 day Monarch cruises last month, there were only 6 D+ on board.

Bob

We sailed Rhapsody in Australia in February and there were 11 D+ onboard. Any emerging market for RCI is logically going to have fewer D+ onboard.

We used to sail Monarch all the time on the summer holiday weekends, and there are certain itineraries (Northern Europe, for example) that are only available seasonally, so we bit the bullet and sailed in the summer. But because of the distance there were still only a handful of D+ onboard.

I imagine that, as cruising becomes a favorite pastime around the world, we'll start seeing more D+ from all nations.:)

Archived