Sapphire Princess - If You Could Pick Any Balcony Room ?

earnied

Planning a Mexican Riviera cruise on Sapphire Princess next year. If you could pick any balcony room (non-suite) which 'specific' room would you choose ? Sea sickness is not a concern and price is not a concern.

earnied

C748 Aft balcony. Extra large balcony and view of the wake. We love this cabin.

Do you know what the space located next to this room is used for, any noise considerations with this room ?

earnied

The space next to this cabin is for crew only. We have never heard any noise next to the cabin. There is virtually no traffic going by the room as you have a private hall to get to your room. Since we have had aft balcony cabins we have a hard time being in any other cabin.

I totally concur.....once you've had these rear cabins, it's hard to change. We've tried others, on different ships and lines and we still like the location of the aft cabins best, for lots of different reasons.

For DH; he loves being able to take a nearby elevator right up to Horizon Court or down to the Dining Room. Me, I like the "forced" walk back, on the Promenade Deck ,from the Theatre, in the evening. I get to check-out what's going on in the various bars and lounges along the way. Or, that stroll out on the Promenade, in the evening, when the ships gliding along the waves, can be glorious!!!!

My sister and I were lucky enough to get L309 with a balcony guarantee and I would choose this room again in a heartbeat! The pool and grill were literally around the corner, we brought food back and ate on our balcony all the time, it was super convenient!

The room right next to it has a slightly bigger balcony due to it being angled so that might be an even better choice. Being so close to the pools I was surprised it was so quiet, we occasionally heard the music but we liked that :) If I had to say anything bad about this room it would only be that it tended to have a lot of pax walking by, but this was not a big deal to us.

I hope you enjoy whatever room you choose! :)

My sister and I were lucky enough to get L309 with a balcony guarantee and I would choose this room again in a heartbeat! The pool and grill were literally around the corner, we brought food back and ate on our balcony all the time, it was super convenient!

The room right next to it has a slightly bigger balcony due to it being angled so that might be an even better choice. Being so close to the pools I was surprised it was so quiet, we occasionally heard the music but we liked that :) If I had to say anything bad about this room it would only be that it tended to have a lot of pax walking by, but this was not a big deal to us.

I've received a balcony room assignement on the Lido deck through a guarentee and I'm a little concerned about the noise factor. Good to hear that your experience was a positive one.

The foot traffic past our cabin was so heavy that entering and exiting our cabin was a joke. We were constantly excusing ourselves because people were either standing in front of our door "chit-chatting" or we couldn't get into the cabin without waiting for the line of people to pass.

I don't think we'll do Lido Deck again.

The space next to this cabin is for crew only. We have never heard any noise next to the cabin. There is virtually no traffic going by the room as you have a private hall to get to your room. Since we have had aft balcony cabins we have a hard time being in any other cabin.

How about the size of the A749 balcony ? It appears to be smaller than others. Does it have the normal set of balcony furniture ? Any photos of this room/balcony ?

Thanks,

earnied

Planning a Mexican Riviera cruise on Sapphire Princess next year. If you could pick any balcony room (non-suite) which 'specific' room would you choose ? Sea sickness is not a concern and price is not a concern.

earnied

A cat BA/BB on Caribe deck, its a regular balcony room with the largest balcony (half covered). ;)

We had cabin E735 (Aft cabin) on the Sapphire Princess last Sept in Alaska and loved this cabin. The aft cabins are the best. We loved Emerald deck as it was so quite, being at the very end of the hall, and aft of the ship, we did not hear a thing. I would pick this cabin again in a heartbeat. I will post a few pics of our view. It was spectacular.

alaska5.jpg.5dc4943ebe48ba634557f95dd72ff64a.jpg

alaska3.jpg.79ed7e36569b3bd394480a84bf55fd5f.jpg

alaska2.jpg.54034c9899cf5a23bd8099a1968eb13c.jpg

alaska.jpg.59586a989b139333fea4ecfe5f389f75.jpg

7730_144536590769_579975769_3259709_7103849_n.jpg.6d2eed52b3a4b211721bcd153d791677.jpg

I've received a balcony room assignement on the Lido deck through a guarentee and I'm a little concerned about the noise factor. Good to hear that your experience was a positive one.

We're doing our third Lido balcony in September. Love, the Lido deck! We were fortunate to not experience any noise or traffic before, so hope it's the same this time:)

We just got off the Sapphire Princess and had a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck - aft. We traveled with kids, so going up and down to the kids fun zone was easy for our family (it's located on the 15th floor - aft). We had easy access to the buffet too. The balconies on the Caribe deck on large. Have fun on your trip.

Aloha 749 - aft facing balcony. Very quiet on its own small hallway. Easy acess to the Terrace Pool and up a deck to the Lido. We had it on a Mexican Riviera cruise last year and loved it.

I agree. I've been in that cabin and it's awesome.

How about the size of the A749 balcony ? It appears to be smaller than others. Does it have the normal set of balcony furniture ? Any photos of this room/balcony ?

Thanks,

earnied

Yeah, I do love that cabin for location but it is a very small balcony. Caribe deck has better balconies. I also think A749 didn't have plexiglass but metal railing. I just happened to like that location the one time I sailed in it. If you can get a mini-suite at a good rate they are pretty awesome.

Archived