Ok Escape Completely

Careg

Sitting on my balcony with a cup of coffee thinking that it just doesn't get better than this as I watch the blue water and the sky!

Participating in Trivia to learn I'm not as smart as I thought I was and taking that hard fall back down to earth where I belong. OK maybe not to "earth" but at least a really hard "ker-plunk" on the Promenade Deck!

Taking a leisurely stroll and happening upon the Ice Cream Bar!

Heck on the leisurely stroll...how about a well-intentioned trip to the Martini Bar to relax and converse with your cruise mates all the while sipping on an excellent martini!

Looking at my clothes with my "OCD" eyes and saying "To heck with ironing, I'm on a cruise and I just don't care if they're wrinkled or not" let the sea air iron it out!

Sounds so nice!!

golden_bridge.jpg

I still love just staring out at the water from my balcony, even better if all I can hear and smell is the ocean. :)

Granted there are some things that don't allow me to escape completely, such as line ups and schedules which is why I do just about everything to avoid these when cruising. Still, not having to cook, clean or work my desk job help alot.

Closing my eyes on my balcony with the warm sun hitting my face, recharging my batteries as I hear the waves crash off the side of the ship. The smell of sea air with every breath. And how can I forgot a Bloody Mary or glass of champagne not to far from my hand.

It does help as well knowing my cell phone does not work, my computer stayed at home in the docking station and I will be returning to a clean home.

Escaping the dreaded Orange Barrels, lane closures, and bad traffic back-ups (we cruise during the summer). No phone calls, facebook, emails, or having to make any meals. It also means, palm trees (a real novelty for me), beaches, watching the sunrise or sunset, and froo-froo drinks or wine.

coffee on my balcony in the AM, and wine in the evening before dinner

high quality rum drinks in the adult pool after a long, hot port day

sleeping with the balcony door open

no cooking, cleaning, and somebody else to wait on DH instead of me!

the waiter holdling my chair and opening the wine bottle at a fabulous dinner

ordering 3 appetizers to share and 3 or 4 desserts to share!

Standing on the balcony looking out at the ocean...pure bliss.

Coud not agree more! A cruise to us is the ultimate relaxation, reading a book while enjoying a nice drink relaxing on the lounge on the balcony, pure bliss:D

Happy cruising

Chris

Archived