Single post from Island Princess

Posaune

Rain wind and cold on the Island Princess today. We did not make it to Hubbard Glacier because of fog & ice. Hopefully better tomorrow at Glacier Bay.

Sorry, but will not be answering questions.....have to use my minutes for a little business!

Did the Island last Labor day. We had the good wheather sandwiched in between the rain.

Even got to see Mt McKinley in all it's glory.

Pretend you are in the caribean or in the south and in a minute the wheather will change.

Hope the rest of your cruise brings great things!

Great visit in Glacier Bay, though no calving. Sun came out for a while and it was glorious. The food and service has been fantastic. Looking forward to Skagway in the morning. The posters are correct. Nearly all first timers on the cruise!

A few notes of interest on our soon to be completed Island Princess Alaska Cruise (August 16-23)

There were 304 Gold, 72 Platinum and 31 Diamond Passengers on the sold out cruise. As you can see, the vast majority were 1st time Princess cruisers.

Most traveled

1st place 40 cruises with 373 days

2nd place 41 cruises with 362 days

3rd place 26 cruises with 310 days

Our Alaskan cruise was our first and it did get us hooked. Now this is the second time in Alaska and our sixth cruise. I will write a review when we return in a few days. We have had some of the best entertainment onboard of all of our cruises. Dan Oliver has been really wonderful in Crooners and the Princess dancers has been amongst the best we have seen on a cruise.

Our Alaskan cruise was our first and it did get us hooked.

We did Alaska at the end of September--and the weather was quite nice. No bugs, except one lonely mosquito who managed to find me. LOL

Scenery was fascinating.

I'm glad you're having a good time. Looking forward to your review when you get back.

Glad you will be on Coral.... that will be the week before Island's dry dock! Most of the passengers have been shocked to hear the ship is going in to dry dock in four weeks. It looks to be in very good shape. A few carpets need replacing and some varnish is needed. They have had such a wet summer very little outside work has been done. The "secret decks" were really great on our Glacier Bay visit. Thanks to all the Island Princess experts that gave us the hints!

There is a pretty large crew turnover as we approach Vancouver. Quite a few crew ending their contracts and heading home.

Most of the passengers have been shocked to hear the ship is going in to dry dock in four weeks. It looks to be in very good shape.

Most drydock work is usually for the outside of the ship under the waterline. Includes inspections, removing of barnacles, special paint, etc.

Regularly done to all Princess ships, so should not be shocking news.

We did Alaska at the end of September--and the weather was quite nice. No bugs, except one lonely mosquito who managed to find me. LOL

Scenery was fascinating.

I'm glad you're having a good time. Looking forward to your review when you get back.

Just goes to show you how unpredictable the weather is. When we were there in September of 2007, it rained the entire time, extremely fogging & windy and I thought I was going to freeze to death. We went this July and the weather was PERFECT. Of course, anytime on an Alaskan Cruise is perfect regardless of the weather, I'll go anytime:D

Just goes to show you how unpredictable the weather is. When we were there in September of 2007, it rained the entire time, extremely fogging & windy and I thought I was going to freeze to death. We went this July and the weather was PERFECT. Of course, anytime on an Alaskan Cruise is perfect regardless of the weather, I'll go anytime:D

On the Coral one year at the end of July early August it snowed twice with freezing rain.

It was bad. :)

Archived