Which hotels are best for FLL cruise on Priceline?

Joby

3*-- downtown--$45 rejected

rebid 3*--downtown and FLL north--$46 rejected

Now, I have to wait 24 hours to rebid, correct?

Do I just keep upping my bid by a couple of dollars until I decide it's as high as I want to go?

When I reach that point, do I just stop for a couple of days and then start over again since we have 5 months before the cruise?

I'm looking for a bargin and hope to spend $75 or less :) Think it will happen?

Your rates are ridiculously low and you have zero chance of getting a three star downtown for $46 in January and not a very good chance of $75 for January.

You need to read the FAQs on www.BiddingForTravel.com and www.BetterBidding.com.

There may be some inventory on priceline for your dates and by making unrealistic bids, you are just wasting your time.

For busy time periods, you are better off bidding your maximum.

I imagine the hotels will sell out for this time period so I'd try and get what you want now and not wait.

I punched in random January dates for The Riverside Hotel and The Renaissance and both are at $229 per night. I think you would have better luck starting at about $89 and go up. $125 is a more realistic budget.

3*-- downtown--$45 rejected

rebid 3*--downtown and FLL north--$46 rejected

Now, I have to wait 24 hours to rebid, correct?

Do I just keep upping my bid by a couple of dollars until I decide it's as high as I want to go?

When I reach that point, do I just stop for a couple of days and then start over again since we have 5 months before the cruise?

I'm looking for a bargin and hope to spend $75 or less :) Think it will happen?

Joby, check out the sticky thread at the top of this sub forum: Winning bids on Priceline (or something like that). You don't have to read all of the pages, just the last 3 or 4 should do. You can see what others have bid and what you should expect to pay for the same * rated hotel in the same area and the same approximate date. I have seen some people get the 3* Riverside hotel for $85 for Jan. 8, 2011. I'm going to start bidding for that date and hopefully get the Riverside for that price. We leave for a B2B on the Allure on Jan. 9.

Yes, you have to wait 24 hours to re-bid. Are you sure you want FLL North? It's further away from the airport and the cruise port. If you are hoping to only spend $75, you might have to lower your * level.

Joby, check out the sticky thread at the top of this sub forum: Winning bids on Priceline (or something like that). You don't have to read all of the pages, just the last 3 or 4 should do. You can see what others have bid and what you should expect to pay for the same * rated hotel in the same area and the same approximate date. I have seen some people get the 3* Riverside hotel for $85 for Jan. 8, 2011. I'm going to start bidding for that date and hopefully get the Riverside for that price. We leave for a B2B on the Allure on Jan. 9.

Yes, you have to wait 24 hours to re-bid. Are you sure you want FLL North? It's further away from the airport and the cruise port. If you are hoping to only spend $75, you might have to lower your * level.

Thanks for the nice reply, Mango Tango, it's appreciated :)

The only reason I added the FLL north was because it had no 3* or up hotels, so I couldn't win one and it gave me a free rebid. Did I do that right?

I thought I would start out really low and just work up. I guess I'm not out much and can always go higher. Time is on my side, I suppose.

Have fun on your B2B :) And, thanks again for the helpful comments.

Thanks for the nice reply, Mango Tango, it's appreciated :)

The only reason I added the FLL north was because it had no 3* or up hotels, so I couldn't win one and it gave me a free rebid. Did I do that right?

Yes, you did that right. :) I have never done that, just because I'm afraid I will make a mistake and end up in an area I don't want. I always just wait the 24 hours.

Good luck with your bidding!

Yes, you did that right. :) I have never done that, just because I'm afraid I will make a mistake and end up in an area I don't want. I always just wait the 24 hours.

Good luck with your bidding!

I was nervous too but, decided to give it a whirl.

Good luck with your bidding too. Hopefully, we'll both get a nice bargin:)

Joby, I have been trying the same thing with the same result: rejection. I think our problem is that January is a busy time. I'm trying for Friday, Jan. 6th, and someone told me that the Orange Bowl is that weekend. It's disheartening when you read reports of people having lower bids accepted, and then we have to bid more, but I have noticed the "wins" are all for dates prior to January!

Joby, if it's any help I won the Riverside for Jan 28th, 2010 for 2 nights for $100. I think you'll need to start your bidding around $80. for a 3* in downtown. I tried 4*FLL beach up to $145 with no luck before I won the Riverside.

We were just in your neck of the woods a week ago. We went to Hermann, MO. We've been several times and always enjoy it. It was a fun weekend.

I'm sure I'll have to bid much higher but, I didn't think there was any harm in starting low, you never know I might get fortunate :) I also wanted to start low and get some practice in.

Thanks for the helpful suggestion.

Joby, I have been trying the same thing with the same result: rejection. I think our problem is that January is a busy time. I'm trying for Friday, Jan. 6th, and someone told me that the Orange Bowl is that weekend. It's disheartening when you read reports of people having lower bids accepted, and then we have to bid more, but I have noticed the "wins" are all for dates prior to January!

We'll just keep on trying!

Joby, I have been trying the same thing with the same result: rejection. I think our problem is that January is a busy time. I'm trying for Friday, Jan. 6th, and someone told me that the Orange Bowl is that weekend.
The Orange Bowl is Jan. 3, 2011

Yes, you did that right. :) I have never done that, just because I'm afraid I will make a mistake and end up in an area I don't want.

With Priceline, impatience is your biggest enemy.

I learned the hard way that sometimes mistakes are made when trying to be "tricky" and not having patience with Priceline. I was also trying to get something in the FLL Downtown area and after being rejected a couple of times, decided to add one of the locations that didn't have a 3*. However when checking which ones had them & then going to make my actual bid, I forgot to uncheck one of the areas. And I won a bid in that area! I have to chalk it up to not being more careful and just live with it because we don't have a lot of money to book a whole different hotel. So I sucked it up & got a rental car on Priceline for only $15/day and now we're going to explore the area we're in.:o

I learned the hard way that sometimes mistakes are made when trying to be "tricky" and not having patience with Priceline. I was also trying to get something in the FLL Downtown area and after being rejected a couple of times, decided to add one of the locations that didn't have a 3*. However when checking which ones had them & then going to make my actual bid, I forgot to uncheck one of the areas. And I won a bid in that area! I have to chalk it up to not being more careful and just live with it because we don't have a lot of money to book a whole different hotel. So I sucked it up & got a rental car on Priceline for only $15/day and now we're going to explore the area we're in.:o

That's called making lemonade out of lemons :D I hope you got a good rate on the hotel, at least!

I recently had a successful Priceline bid of $85 for January 25th - two nights at the Riverside. Very pleased with that although I think they might be the budget rooms. Has anybody stayed there and if so, was this the case? Is it possible to ask for a Tower room with a nice smile, or a letter in advance to the general Manager?

I got Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-South Dec 4 to the 5th for $50/room (2 rooms).

Going rates for that time is $100+ - I think there is a free airport shuttle but I plan to take a taxi for the cruise. We are arriving 7pm, any good eats around or should we eat at the airport?

I got Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-South Dec 4 to the 5th for $50/room (2 rooms).

Going rates for that time is $100+ - I think there is a free airport shuttle but I plan to take a taxi for the cruise. We are arriving 7pm, any good eats around or should we eat at the airport?

Congrats, that sounds like a really good deal. Is the Hyatt South in the FLL airport area on Priceline?

Darn...I bid $85 on a 3* Downtown FLL hotel on Priceline for Jan. 8. 2011 and got rejected. :( I know other people here on the Summary of winning bids on Priceline got the Riverside for $85 for the same date. I guess I'll up the bid tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I just tried my bid for today and was accepted!

We got the Riverside Hotel at $75/night for a total of $176.48--January 12-14, 2011. We're pleased and it seems like a pretty good deal for us.

Thanks to all for the help and encouragement :)

We got the Riverside Hotel at $75/night for a total of $176.48--January 12-14, 2011. We're pleased and it seems like a pretty good deal for us.

Congrats on your win for the Riverside and now your a priceline veteran.:D

Paul

Great job!

That's called making lemonade out of lemons :D I hope you got a good rate on the hotel, at least!

Yes we got the Coral Springs Marriott Golf Club for $50/night. Not the greatest savings I suppose, since you can get it on their web site with advanced purchase for $90/night...but hey, it's a savings. And we've had several people tell us we're going to save a little on things like meals because it's not in the heart of the tourist area.

We try to look at "mishaps" during travel and on vacations as "adventures". I admit I was totally freaked out when it happened, but after about 48 hours I was looking into the car rentals and researching the area of Coral Springs here on CC. :)

Archived