Which hotels are best for FLL cruise on Priceline?

Joby

We just got the W on the beach in Fort Lauderdale for $109 plus tax on Hotwire. Hotel lists for the high $200's for Nov. 12th. Sounds like a beautiful place. I think we will also hop on the Watertaxi and take a look at the city. Can't wait.

Just got the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, FL for $70 on Priceline. That's for one night before our cruise, Oct 29, 2010 which is a Friday night. Hotel site shows cheapest room for that night at $269!

Wow! That is Boat Show Weekend! Congrats on the fabulous deal!

Make sure you head out back to their restaurant on the Intracoastal (across the street) and sit outside and watch the mega yachts parade by! You'll see thousands of 100+ foot yachts!

Have fun!

I'm glad I stumbled across your post, because we are going to be looking for naccomodation that weekend. I didn't realise it was the boat show. Does that mean there will be generally less bargains around that weekend?

Darn...I bid $85 on a 3* Downtown FLL hotel on Priceline for Jan. 8. 2011 and got rejected. :( I know other people here on the Summary of winning bids on Priceline got the Riverside for $85 for the same date. I guess I'll up the bid tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Good luck, Mango, and be sure to go to Mango's for dinner & drinks!

I'm glad I stumbled across your post, because we are going to be looking for naccomodation that weekend. I didn't realise it was the boat show. Does that mean there will be generally less bargains around that weekend?

We won the Hilton Marina on Priceline for around $50.00 last year during the boat show. So no need to overbid unless necessary.

Good luck, Mango, and be sure to go to Mango's for dinner & drinks!
Thanks! I bid $90 tonight for the 3* in Downtown FLL for Jan 8, 2011 and it gave me the "if you up your bid by $15 you can re-bid immediately" I didn't up it by $15...I'll wait until tomorrow and up it by $5 and see what happens.

I've heard about Mango's in FLL...we might give it a try...good name for a restaurant. :D

We just got the W on the beach in Fort Lauderdale for $109 plus tax on Hotwire. Hotel lists for the high $200's for Nov. 12th. Sounds like a beautiful place. I think we will also hop on the Watertaxi and take a look at the city. Can't wait.

I just tried to get this today for Nov 20 or 21 and it is gone :(. I wanted it for our anniversary but I was waiting for our next credit card cycle and I missed it by about a day! Darn it!

I just tried to get this today for Nov 20 or 21 and it is gone :(. I wanted it for our anniversary but I was waiting for our next credit card cycle and I missed it by about a day! Darn it!

I'm so sorry. I kept debating whether to get it or not, glad I didn't hesitate any longer. Maybe something will still turn up for you. We are looking forward to our stay there. Thanks for all your help.

We won the Hilton Marina on Priceline for around $50.00 last year during the boat show. So no need to overbid unless necessary.

Thanks for the information. I have to leave it a couple of weeks, because I'm not sure which day we are flying home yet.

I'm so sorry. I kept debating whether to get it or not, glad I didn't hesitate any longer. Maybe something will still turn up for you. We are looking forward to our stay there. Thanks for all your help.

Thank you. I hope they bring it back because it's the only place I want to stay in the area.

Darn...I bid $85 on a 3* Downtown FLL hotel on Priceline for Jan. 8. 2011 and got rejected. :( I know other people here on the Summary of winning bids on Priceline got the Riverside for $85 for the same date. I guess I'll up the bid tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I finally got the Riverside for $105. I started at $85 then re-bid every 24 hours @ $90, $95, $100 all were rejected. I suppose I had to pay more because we're staying there on a Saturday.

I finally got the Riverside for $105. I started at $85 then re-bid every 24 hours @ $90, $95, $100 all were rejected. I suppose I had to pay more because we're staying there on a Saturday.

It's nice that you got the hotel you wanted. You're right, half price is way better than full price any day :)

jeffnsharon03, my family will also be coming on the 29th and staying at the Westin Diplomat (not the beach location but the golf location) for a 30th sailing. What ship are you going on? Have you found good transporation options from airport and to the port?

• 3 months later...

Do most "beach zone" hotels have balconies?

We bid 4* "Beach Zone" for this September and won Westin Beach Resort for $75.00 per night. Sticking with 4* in the "Beach Zone" will usually win the Westin or W hotel. We never had to pay $30.00 for a taxi ride from the airport to the Westin. Low to mid $20.00's. Definitely worth it considering the location. Staying "downtown" we've been bored. No action over there.

Archived