Repeat Cruisers!?!?!?!

pacaduli

OK I have to ask.....

I have seen ALOT of posts on here about people cruising on the PG numerous times! Is there an incentive for cruisers to come back to the PG? I mean, this cruise is considerd a luxury cruise, and the ticket is rather pricey!

Does the PG offer a reduced rate for repeat customers? If so, I would be interested! If there isn't a reduced rate then I don't think I would repeat the same trip, since there are so many other places to see in the world...

Pacaduli, it is hard to describe the power of the islands. Think of the song, "Bali Hai", from South Pacific - and the lyrics, "she will call you, come away, come away....." its kinda like that. I think for those of us who love water sports, and snorkeling, its that, the lovely weather with trade winds, and the unspoiled nature of the islands.Also, the Les Gauguines - the lovely island girls that accompany each sailing - add an intangible benefit. They are so lovely, and such talented dancers and musicians, that you feel a part of the islands when they are around. And, the people you meet on board are like-minded souls that also love the informality and camaraderie of the ocean, and water activities. There is very little pretension on board, and name dropping and dress-for-maximum impression is mostly not done. These are some of the reasons that sailing in FP on the Gauguin is special, and draws people back again and again. There are financial incentives occasionally, but not necessarily for repeat travelers - just sometimes a good deal with air that is hard to pass up........My two cents, as a 4-time PG traveler.

I would echo what SSS says.

There are some tangible benefits (you do get a 5% credit as a prior pax on ANY (PG, Regent, Crystal,etc, etc) luxury cruiseline), but this alone would not bring you back were not the rest of the experience so amazing. There CAN be more savings from group rates, etc...but it IS all about the cruise experience, not the $$$

Just so you know, we are 5x PG passengers, booking #6 for next year.:D

We rarely revisit the same location on vacation, but the three trips (in consecutive years) we took on the PG were absolutely wonderful. We caught the Tahitian (actually South Pacific) flu and every trip was better!! We're trying to hold out til 2014 to go again, as we've exhausted the itineraries except Fiji/Tonga. The islands, the welcoming nature of the locals, the small ship and the personable service----so glad I have those memories to cherish as long as I'm able.

Sue and the others said it well.

If you haven't been yet, don't judge. We've been 4 times in the last 10 years, the last time 18 months ago. Right now our disease is in remission, and we are travelling to other places when we can, and enjoying vacations near home.

But, I would not be the least bit surprised if we make it back there one more time. Each trip after the first, "once in a lifetime" trip, has been "one more time" trips.

Yes, expensive, in terms of $$ and aggravation (flying from eastern N.A.), but somehow when you step off that plane, it's all worth it.

Pacaduli, it is hard to describe the power of the islands. Think of the song, "Bali Hai", from South Pacific - and the lyrics, "she will call you, come away, come away....." its kinda like that. I think for those of us who love water sports, and snorkeling, its that, the lovely weather with trade winds, and the unspoiled nature of the islands.Also, the Les Gauguines - the lovely island girls that accompany each sailing - add an intangible benefit. They are so lovely, and such talented dancers and musicians, that you feel a part of the islands when they are around. And, the people you meet on board are like-minded souls that also love the informality and camaraderie of the ocean, and water activities. There is very little pretension on board, and name dropping and dress-for-maximum impression is mostly not done. These are some of the reasons that sailing in FP on the Gauguin is special, and draws people back again and again. There are financial incentives occasionally, but not necessarily for repeat travelers - just sometimes a good deal with air that is hard to pass up........My two cents, as a 4-time PG traveler.

Dear Sue,

You are so right! We got an offer for 71% off on a 10 day cruise. My wife said no, because it was too close to another trip we were taking. I snuck over to the CD player, and put the South Pacific CD on. It started playing "Bali Hai", and my wife said I was being unfair.

P.S. We DID go on the cruise and were upgraded from Category E to Category A.

We plan to go back for our 5th anniversary in 2012. There is no place like FP.

P.S. We DID go on the cruise and were upgraded from Category E to Category A.

We plan to go back for our 5th anniversary in 2012. There is no place like FP.

FOUR CATEGORIES? We were upgraded three once and two twice, but NEVER four!

BTW - If you want to celebrate your fourth anniversary instead of (or in addition to) your fifth, you are welcome to join our humble (not!) group.

Interesting responses to this inquiry!!!!!!

Thanks for the insite.

This is a trip of a lifetime for me, as I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would make it to the enchanting South Pacific...and I am now counting the days till we sail!

I wonder if my immune system will be able to fight off the "Island Fever"!

HAHAHA

OK I have to ask.....

I have seen ALOT of posts on here about people cruising on the PG numerous times! Is there an incentive for cruisers to come back to the PG? I mean, this cruise is considerd a luxury cruise, and the ticket is rather pricey!

Does the PG offer a reduced rate for repeat customers? If so, I would be interested! If there isn't a reduced rate then I don't think I would repeat the same trip, since there are so many other places to see in the world...

Once you have sailed with the PG and book another cruise you get 5% off. Also you should subscribe to their newsletter as they are posting a special for cruises in 2011. If you book by September 15, 2010, if its the 14 days (Marquesa) you receive a $1,000.00 per stateroom shipboard credit to be used for excursions or spa treatment anything you want!

I am scheduled to sail on June 29, 2011 (11 day) cruise and received a $500.00 shipboard credit for booking before Sept. 2010. This will be my 1st time cruising ever - but its the best way to see the islands and have the luxury all inclusive feature as everything on the island is outrageously expensive. I was in Club Med Bora Bora 12 years ago and loved it. Club Med no longer exists in BB.

Anyway, PG it is and so looking forward to it!!!

I am scheduled to sail on June 29, 2011 (11 day) cruise and received a $500.00 shipboard credit for booking before Sept. 2010. This will be my 1st time cruising ever - but its the best way to see the islands and have the luxury all inclusive feature as everything on the island is outrageously expensive. I was in Club Med Bora Bora 12 years ago and loved it. Club Med no longer exists in BB.

Anyway, PG it is and so looking forward to it!!!

I have a little bad news for you (aside from the fact that you will have to put up with us on the same cruise :o).

You're first cruise is on the best ship on the seas. You'll be too spoiled to ever cruise on a mass market line! Better start saving now for your next cruise.

We will actually make it MORE than a year between PG sailings this time(well, by three days!). In the next couple of weeks someone (Texed?) will probably start a roll call for this sailing, so look for that too.

There are actually several PG alumni planning on this cruise. Email me at temp1@2profs.net if you want to get on our 'PG Villagers mailing list' (I'll send you our real address in response to your email).

Ia Orana!

SJGOGH,

using your AMEX PLat can give you an additional $300 OBC plus a pearl worth $250. on this cruise.

So potent is the FP Flu as caught on the PG that after we went to the theatre to see South Pacific yesterday all I could think about as I went to sleep is that we would be on the PG in 11 months.

I have a little bad news for you (aside from the fact that you will have to put up with us on the same cruise :o).

You're first cruise is on the best ship on the seas. You'll be too spoiled to ever cruise on a mass market line! Better start saving now for your next cruise.

We will actually make it MORE than a year between PG sailings this time(well, by three days!). In the next couple of weeks someone (Texed?) will probably start a roll call for this sailing, so look for that too.

There are actually several PG alumni planning on this cruise. Email me at temp1@2profs.net if you want to get on our 'PG Villagers mailing list' (I'll send you our real address in response to your email).

Ia Orana!

MTNDriver: I have sent you an email to the address you provided!!! We'll meet you on the PG!!!:D

Don't forget, the BIG pre party near LAX before you all take off for PPT and us low lifes fly to Fiji.

Mtn, do you think I should open a roll call on CC for Fiji even though it's with Blue Lagoon?

I think that's a good idea. Is there even a section for Blue Lagoon on CC?

We took our first cruise onboard PG last march (10 days Tuamotus and Society islands).

We got hooked and are going back in november ( president's cruise, 14 days NZ). Never found a crew like this one. Quite ecpensive with the air from eastern canada but worth every penny.

The only thing I would change is the carpet on PG.

We travel 3-4 times a year and also try to visit different places but there is something special with French polynesia and even if we really enjoyed the extra nights on the islands( before and after the cruise), the ecperience onboard PG was the most memorable!

We just returned from our first PG cruise and I am ready to book for 2012 as soon as the itineraries come up.

I, too, thought -- so many places so little time -- but -- we are going back.

I am not sure how much of the draw is the locale and how much is the PG.

Caroline, Blue Lagoon Cruises operates out of Fiji, with up to 7 day cruises of the Fijian islands. I imagine discussions about it should be put in the "Pacific Islands, All" category.

Great idea SSS. I'll post a new thread / roll call for Blue Lagoon on the Pacific Islands All area in a few days. I guess it can't hurt.

Archived