Balcony Cabins -Crown Princess

jetboy

Hello everyone, I am just about to book a balcony cabin for March 2011 can anyone advise me if all the cabins and balconies are the same size or are there certain cabin numbers which give me more space. Any information would be fab. Thank You. :)

The largest balcony cabins are on Caribe deck. All the others have smaller balconies but are the same size cabin pretty much. We were in B430 on our last cruise. I was wishing we had booked on Caribe deck instead since I use the balcony a lot on those cruises.

Thanks for advise we have been offered either Aloha or Rivera decks. Not sure i want my balcony completely covered on caribe ,would this be the same on Rivera deck? If not maybe we should get a lower grade cabin.

Any thoughts greatly apprechiated

We had a balcony on the lido this time at the front. Cabin L301. What was nice was there was this solid barrier(steel wall not a partition) on the one side and it seemed to take away the terrible winds you can get on a balcony sometimes. This was good since we were so far north.

what about a BC cabin on Aloha deck?

we booked this cruise for the itin (British Isles) which is port intensive but have no idea what to expect on Princess--

how small is this cabin? and balcony? maybe we should upgrade?

If it matters to you, keep in mind that Aloha and Baja deck balconies are fully covered. Caribe has a larger deck, but it is half covered and half open. Dolphin deck is completely uncovered.

we are going to be on Aloha Deck in a BC stateroom--no idea how large it is..

.what do you mean by fully covered?? I am new to princess..

We are on Grand Princess 10/11/10- B774. Wondering if since it is aft and next to big balcony cabin will we be seen sitting on our balcony by the big balcony cabin folks or is there a good divider. Also we heard that our balcony is on a angle- not sure what that means and what effect it has. Lastly is there any thruster, crew or other noise in B744? We have sailed Grand, Caribbean (2x) and Golden so know these ship types but never had this cabin category- have had Caribe balconys.

we are going to be on Aloha Deck in a BC stateroom--no idea how large it is..

.what do you mean by fully covered?? I am new to princess..

Wife and I were on the Aloha deck few years back in Alaska. The balcony had a covered top over the entire deck. It was great if the weather was bad (rain), we had no problem with it.

We are on Grand Princess 10/11/10- B774. Wondering if since it is aft and next to big balcony cabin will we be seen sitting on our balcony by the big balcony cabin folks or is there a good divider. Also we heard that our balcony is on a angle- not sure what that means and what effect it has. Lastly is there any thruster, crew or other noise in B744? We have sailed Grand, Caribbean (2x) and Golden so know these ship types but never had this cabin category- have had Caribe balconys.

Well, you should certainly get some thruster vibration during docking. Kinda unavoidable... :)

Wife and I were on the Aloha deck few years back in Alaska. The balcony had a covered top over the entire deck. It was great if the weather was bad (rain), we had no problem with it.

That's pretty much what we are used to from what we book on Celebrity & also what we prefer... sun can still shine but there's shade & shelter!!

What type of furniture is out there?

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for advise we have been offered either Aloha or Rivera decks. Not sure i want my balcony completely covered on caribe ,would this be the same on Rivera deck? If not maybe we should get a lower grade cabin.

Any thoughts greatly apprechiated

We were on the Crown once and were upgraded to a Riviera deck balcony cabin (guarantee cabin)...worst room in the histoy of cruising. We were located under the Trident Grill and noise 24/7. We were willing to let them move us to an inside cabin somewhere else on the ship, but no empty rooms. Seems like there was quite a line of people on the Riviera deck that wanted to be moved out of their balconies and yes, even out of their suites.

The Caribe deck has awesome balcony cabins....nice large balcony as many have noted. Plus, the Caribe deck is such a good location on the ship. Not too far to go to the pool or to the dining room. There is nothing wrong with the Ahola deck or the Baja deck for that matter, just won't have that nice large balcony. But...really would advise staying away from that Riviera deck unless noise at all hours of the day doesn't bother you at all.

We were on the Crown once and were upgraded to a Riviera deck balcony cabin (guarantee cabin)...worst room in the histoy of cruising. We were located under the Trident Grill and noise 24/7. We were willing to let them move us to an inside cabin somewhere else on the ship, but no empty rooms. Seems like there was quite a line of people on the Riviera deck that wanted to be moved out of their balconies and yes, even out of their suites.

The Caribe deck has awesome balcony cabins....nice large balcony as many have noted. Plus, the Caribe deck is such a good location on the ship. Not too far to go to the pool or to the dining room. There is nothing wrong with the Ahola deck or the Baja deck for that matter, just won't have that nice large balcony. But...really would advise staying away from that Riviera deck unless noise at all hours of the day doesn't bother you at all.

It seems the 600-700's on Riviera are much better as they are under the carperted HC area. The firther back you go the bettter off you are. At least in our experience. :)

We were on the Riviera deck on the crown R523 and we were lucky to have only heard noise on occasion, it was certainly not enough to say we'd never do it again and we were not far from the adult only pool, which I loved! We booked again and will be on the Baja deck this time mid-deck just for the change!

Whatever you decide..have a great time!

Michelle:)

Archived