Looking for a recommendation for a ship.

sandman512

Don't forget RCI. Explorer sails out of Bayonne NJ and Enchantment out of Baltimore. Of the two, I would probably say Explorer, she is a bigger ship with more things for the kids to do. They both will spend almost 2 days in Bermuda. We liked our May Explorer cruise so much we booked her again for next month. As for the dining RCI also has My Time Dining and My Family Dining. MFD is a neat option for kids, as my "kid" is 23 we really don't need to take advantage but you might find better information on the RCI site.

I'm not here to dis RCI, but their 5 day cruises to Bermuda are far too short :(. 32 hours in Bermuda is never enough and once you've cruised there you'll understand why. My preference is HAL's Veendam, but any cruise line that has a 7 day cruise to Bermuda would be a good choice.

With a short cruise, you're rushing here to there to see and do all you can; but to enjoy Bermuda, you have to slowwwwww down :D

SBtS.

SBtS,

Agree that HAL Veendam is a excellent choice but OP has 3 kids. As for a family, 7 days on HAL or NCL. I think the NCL cruise would be easier for a family considering the dining option and easy going dress code.

Looking to go to Bermuda in August(2011). I have 3 kids and need a ship that has a camp. Just got back from a Carnival Cruise where the kids LOVED the camp. Any other cruises that have camps for kids? Thanks!

All the cruise lines to Bermuda, Celebrity, Holland America, NCL and Royal Caribbean have what you are calling a camp, that is a dedicated children's program and area.

SBtS,

Agree that HAL Veendam is a excellent choice but OP has 3 kids. As for a family, 7 days on HAL or NCL. I think the NCL cruise would be easier for a family considering the dining option and easy going dress code.

Not sure what you mean by dining option. HAL has an open seating option.

SBtS,

HAL also has anytime dining in the dining room, additionally the lido is open for dinner as well. They also have Club HAL for kids, which I cannot comment on......as I don't have kids yet.

Laura

Looking to go to Bermuda in August(2011). I have 3 kids and need a ship that has a camp. Just got back from a Carnival Cruise where the kids LOVED the camp. Any other cruises that have camps for kids? Thanks!

The NCL Gem will be doing NYC to Bermuda in the summer of 2011. This "Jewel Class" ship has the Kids Program but they also have a rock climbing wall (no charge) and a bowling (5.00 per person per string), and a slide by the pool.

The Freestlye dining and the Blue Lagoon (24 hour place to get wings, pizza, burgers, etc..) are also great for families.

If you leave out of Boston, the NCL Dawn, will have many of the same dining features but no Rock climbing, bowling, or slide.

You also have the other lines going to Bermuda, HAL, Celebrity, and I heard Carnival may also have more trips to Bermuda next year but I have not followed up on this yet to check to see if this is true.

We are already booked on the NCL Gem for August.

Archived