Ruby PH Suites Riviera Deck

EAGLESLOVER

I have read many negative reviews of these suites, including from those who received a free upgrade. I know all the suite perks and they are many. Does anyone who has actually stayed in one think that the Suite perks out- weigh the negatives of this particular suite?

I have read many negative reviews of these suites, including from those who received a free upgrade. I know all the suite perks and they are many. Does anyone who has actually stayed in one think that the Suite perks out- weigh the negatives of this particular suite?

We stayed in R415 and would love to sail in it again, ANYTIME! There were no negatives at all. We enjoyed having a full dinner delivered by room service - didn't have any noise issues - really enjoyed the bath salts and whirlpool tub. They called us every day to see what time we wanted to dine for dinner - the balcony was great - free internet.

Toto did.

Toto did.

R411 on the Emerald. I would take an inside stateroom (and I have terrible clasustrophobia) before I would ever stay in R411 again in this lifetime. The noise was non stop except for a few hours from about 1AM to 5AM, all other hours.............horrible. The suite perks would never out weigh being able to sleep on a cruise, or even be able to hear yourself think. And I used ear plugs at night, and even that didn't help. DH is very hard of hearing, but the noise also woke him throughout the night. And that isn't even mentioning the daytime hours when it sounded like the ceiling was going to fall in at any minute.

Between the foot traffic (those wearing steel soled shoes lol) and the ping pong tables being directly above this suite, we were miserable for the entire week and could not wait to get off the ship and go home.

There may be some PH suites on this class of ship that are better than others, but R411 is NOT one of them.............run don't walk it you find you are upgraded to this suite.

My husband and I stayed in R417 3 years ago and had the most terrible time imaginable. The noise was unbearable and sleep was nonexistent. Such a shame to pay so much money and not enjoy yourself. Choose a mini-suite on Dolphin deck and enjoy yourself!

We had R 412 on the Emerald and R408 on the Ruby. Yes the suites were very expensive and I did think they were somewhat over priced for what they gave you. I still enjoyed them though along with all the perks. My one big beef is how narrow the balcony was. It made the upgraded wood furniture very cramped. As far as the noise issue, I heard a few chairs being moved on the lido deck, but it really didn't bother me. Also never had a problem with sleep thanks to my ambian. In the future, If I am able to afford a suite, I think I will choose either a VS or PS to get the aft balcony.....:):):)

4032476955_4a9c632ed3.jpg

Bob

R411 on the Emerald. I would take an inside stateroom (and I have terrible clasustrophobia) before I would ever stay in R411 again in this lifetime. The noise was non stop except for a few hours from about 1AM to 5AM, all other hours.............horrible. The suite perks would never out weigh being able to sleep on a cruise, or even be able to hear yourself think. And I used ear plugs at night, and even that didn't help. DH is very hard of hearing, but the noise also woke him throughout the night. And that isn't even mentioning the daytime hours when it sounded like the ceiling was going to fall in at any minute.

Between the foot traffic (those wearing steel soled shoes lol) and the ping pong tables being directly above this suite, we were miserable for the entire week and could not wait to get off the ship and go home.

There may be some PH suites on this class of ship that are better than others, but R411 is NOT one of them.............run don't walk it you find you are upgraded to this suite.

Agree. We had one of the new PH's on the Golden located on the Sun Deck.. Same problems as Toto. Wife said never again... :eek:

We sailed in R408 on the Emerald transatlantic October 2008. We had no difficulties whatsoever with noise despite the fact that we had read all the negative comments. I am a very light sleeper so I would have noticed it if there had been a lot of commotion above. Perhaps it makes a difference which itinerary you are sailing. As for the balcony, I agree. It is very narrow. We will always book an aft suite if possible as opposed to one of the side ones for that reason alone.

Archived