Swim Diapers at Half Moon Cay

alto19

Hi All- I am cruising (with my husband and 2 year old daughter) on the Carnival Destiny to Nassau, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay in November. On the forums, I've come across pictures of the sign on Half Moon Cay that says diapered children are not allowed. My question is : does this apply to a water park on HMC or to the beach in general? Mainly, will we be allowed to take our daughter into the sea while we're at HMC. I've called Carnival, but they had no idea what I was talking about. Any help would be useful. Thanks!

Thanks! I called Carnival and found out about the no diapers in the pool rule, which I completely agree with (and no, this doesn't mean I'll be taking off her diaper and hoping for the best!). As long as she can get in the ocean, we'll all be happy!

I'm wondering if the "no diapered children" means that the diapers themselves might cause environmental damage in ocean water. Disposable diapers can get really soggy and fall apart if they are immersed for a period of time. Not sure about "swimmies", but there's no reason a non-diapered baby/child (or even adult!) shouldn't be allowed to swim in ocean water! I'm thinking that no one wants to see or deal with soggy diaper padding and plastic remnants floating around. I thought that ocean water has a way of dispersing "natural" elements. Am I wrong?

I think that this must be the case. I'd never heard of beaches banning diapers, and the only reason that I can think of is the diapers themselves. The ocean is a whole lot different than a little ship-board (or even land-based) pool.

I'm wondering if the "no diapered children" means that the diapers themselves might cause environmental damage in ocean water. Disposable diapers can get really soggy and fall apart if they are immersed for a period of time. Not sure about "swimmies", but there's no reason a non-diapered baby/child (or even adult!) shouldn't be allowed to swim in ocean water! I'm thinking that no one wants to see or deal with soggy diaper padding and plastic remnants floating around. I thought that ocean water has a way of dispersing "natural" elements. Am I wrong?

It's not the beach that banned the diapers -- I actually went and looked for the answer on Hal's web site. This is what it said about the Half Moon Lagoon Aqua Park...which is what it says on Essie's Sign...

Half Moon Lagoon aqua park is conveniently located on the shore of Half Moon Cay’s main beach and provides island-themed action and adventure in the sun. Guests of all ages can have fun climbing on the numerous large water “toys” in the shapes of marine life such as whales, octopi, sharks and dolphins. A pirate ship in the aqua park sprays water from its cannons to the delight of children and adults alike. Floating pads offer a relaxing way to enjoy the sun or the cooling “raindrops” from a fountain. A boardwalk leads guests to a large sundeck and the palapa-covered Half Moon Saloon, where, following some refreshments, guests can use a slide to get right back into the water.

It's not the beach that banned the diapers -- I actually went and looked for the answer on Hal's web site. This is what it said about the Half Moon Lagoon Aqua Park...which is what it says on Essie's Sign...

Half Moon Lagoon aqua park is conveniently located on the shore of Half Moon Cay’s main beach and provides island-themed action and adventure in the sun. Guests of all ages can have fun climbing on the numerous large water “toys” in the shapes of marine life such as whales, octopi, sharks and dolphins. A pirate ship in the aqua park sprays water from its cannons to the delight of children and adults alike. Floating pads offer a relaxing way to enjoy the sun or the cooling “raindrops” from a fountain. A boardwalk leads guests to a large sundeck and the palapa-covered Half Moon Saloon, where, following some refreshments, guests can use a slide to get right back into the water.

Thanks, Michelle, but I still don't see why the "no diapers" thing is on the sign. This Aqua Park is using sea water with no enclosed pools. It's on an ocean beach! I still think it's because disposable diapers are the unmentioned culprit.

Going back to the original question about swim diapers at the main beach area (not the water park): the two times I've been to HMC, I've seen kids with swim diapers - no problem. There are certainly no similar signs at the main beach area.

Thanks, Michelle, but I still don't see why the "no diapers" thing is on the sign. This Aqua Park is using sea water with no enclosed pools. It's on an ocean beach! I still think it's because disposable diapers are the unmentioned culprit.

Maybe because it sprays water in that area :confused:

I guess one leaky poopy diaper and one water sprayer would make for one really ewwww moment. :p:eek: lol

But I think NYbumpkin has it -- I think only the water spray area, using sea water or not, may ban diapers, but the main beach area won't. :D

Have you been to HMC? There is really no separate water park...It is right there at the beginning of gthe beach. This first picture shows the start of the beach:

BG-4.jpg

The next two are the items that are in the 'water park'.:

BG-1.jpg

BG-2.jpg

The structures are to the right of the water fountain and clamshells. EM

Archived