Restaurants near comfort suites seattle

I never thought the food at the Needle was that good anyway, although I hear it's better recently. But it's mainly the kind of place that only tourists go to.

If you're looking for fast food, there's a food court in the Center House in the Seattle Center, it's near the Needle. Both Steamers and Quincy's are good there. My DH and I have season tickets to the opera, which is in Seattle Center, and we usually eat at Quincy's before the show--you'd be surprised how many opera-goers you see there! There's also a bunch of Thai restaurants on Roy (just head west on Roy for a few blocks) and most of those are good. Kaspar's, on the west side of Seattle Center in a dingy-looking building on a side street, is a culinary gem, but pricey. The Turntable Restaurant in EMP is surprisingly good for a museum restaurant. And if none of those sound good, there's a whole mess of restaurants on the NW side of Seattle Center.

For a really special meal out if you don't mind a cab ride into downtown, there's always The Metropolitan Grill, on 2nd & Marion. Best steak in town, but VERY expensive.

Quincy's sounds nice--what type of food is available there.? Also we heard there was a pub type restaurant nearby--can't recall the name...We are sad that we will miss the Bob DYlan exhibit at the Music museum by a week or two--that would've been a nice thing to visit instead of the Space Needle! What else is nearby that we could look at for an hour or so--this is just our travel in day so may not want to venture too far! Honestly, the Pikes Pace market place sounds alot like the market in New Orleans & my husb won't like it....

Quincy's is a burger place, good onion rings. Steamer's is a fish'n'chips place with really good steamed muscles and pretty good fish'n'chips.

There's a place called the Great Nabob, it's a bar and I think they have food as well that's about 3 blocks away. Very hip but laid back. I want to say it's on 4th or 5th between Roy and Valley streets, but I could be totally wrong about that. It's non-smoking and they have a pool table. There are some other restaurants around there too. There's a pizza place called Paggliacci's that's always voted best pizza in Seattle that's a block north of the hotel, but if you're from a pizza town like New York or Chicago, you probably won't think it's all that great.

The Sci-Fi Museum is right by the Space Needle. DH went there a couple of weekends back and said it was OK but nothing to write home about. It's owned by Paul Allen (who helped found Microsoft) and I think a lot of the stuff in the museum belongs to him. If you have an hour to kill, it might be worth a visit. Seattle Center also has a tiny amusement park in it, so if you feel like going on some state-fair-type rides, you can do that. There's also the Pacific Science Center, which I love (I actually had my wedding reception there). It has lots of hands-on science exhibits, and an IMAX theater and a planetarium, and they do laser shows at night. There's also a fountain in the center of Seattle Center that dances to music. It's not as cool as the Bellagio fountains in Vegas, but it's kind of nice if you're just wandering around Seattle Center.

One thing to keep in mind about Seattle Center is that it houses a lot of the city's festivals. I know Labor Day and Memorial Day weekends both have HUGE festivals going on all weekend there. The one on Memorial Day weekend is the Folklife Festival and I think it's still free. Lots of people selling crafts, and folk music. The Labor Day one is called Bumbershoot, and it's not free, but it has a lot of big-name rock bands that play at it (REM, for exmaple). Expect traffic to be absolutely nuts on those weekends, and the monorail will be packed. Other festivals there aren't nearly as big but can be fun to see. Check out the Seattle Center website to see what's going on when you're there: www.seattlecenter.com.

• 1 month later...

You guys are really close (.5 mile or so) to Lake Union, where they have tons of great waterfront restaurants (Cuccina, Cuccina; Duke's Chowder House (awesome!!), Chandler's Crabhouse and quite a few others. Dinners are in the $12-$30 range depending on where you eat and what you have. The Seattle Center House has good food pretty cheap but it feels like a food court at a mall (not that there's anything wrong with that...) Definitely a great place to catch a good lunch but if you want a nice dinner I'd head to Lake Union.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Comfort Suites has a shuttle that will take you to Pike Market, Pioneer Square area.. we walked to Elliotts from Pioneer square.. shuttle is free and you just have to sign up when you get there.. they have cruise shuttle as well for $4-6 pp depending on the pier..

Cutters has a shuttle that will pick you up at the hotel for $4 and it's an excellent restaurant at the north end of Pikes Market and across from Ettas.. IMHO Cutters wins for the view!

Our CC group stayed at Comfort Suites pre-cruise.. very nice hotel, friendly staff and those free shuttles:)

Comfort Suites sounds like a great place.

Plus Cutters sounds like great place for dinner, too.

Do you have a link to Comfort Suites website so that I am sure I have the correct one when I make reservations?

Thanks!:)

Cucina Cucina is closed right now for renovation. Other restaurants in the Lake Union area are Outback and Bonefish right on Westlake Av, Buca di Beppo on 9th at Broad/Valley. If you are into sports there is a great sports bar/restaurant at 5th and Broad in the KOMO building (Fisher Plaza) called Sport, and their food is very good (ranges from appetizers and Burgers to Steaks) and moderately priced (their Thai chicken sandwich is outstanding--personal opinon). Quincy's is good, not expensive, but neither is it fine dining (my favorite their Cajun Chicken Sandwich and spicy fries). I live right across the street from the Space Needle, don't recommend the restaurant up there at all for several reasons, the primary one being the price ratio compared to what you get (not worth it). Anthony's Pier 66 is good for seafood lovers, and is right next to the pier where NCL comes in/goes out.

Caroline beat me to the posting of the link to the Comfort Suites. at Seattle center. We thought this hotel iseems like a good value & we will be able to get some type of shuttle to it from the airport. We are only there 1 day ahead & seems so many choices--not sure how the time change form NY will affect our appetities but I think I will print out this entire thread to review all the great hints & tips..at some point we'd like to take the monorial into the main part of city & then maybe get to either the waterfront or lake Union for dinner . How is West Coast Sunset??

In Seattle, the sunset is lovely because it sets over the Olympic Mountains. In Alaska, it's lovely because it sets over the ocean. :) For a lovely sunset dinner on the waterfront, I really like Elliot's, it's on a pier on the waterfront.

Caroline--thanks for the info. What type of menu do they have at Cutters & is it casual or dress? I eat anything but husb does not like seafood very much...are res. suggested? Perhaps we could take the monorail to the general area & then take the Cutter's shuttle back to our the hotel.. This would give us a chance to explore, a nice meal & sunset! I am hoping we are in sync timewisde--travelling from NY from early am. Although we will arrive around noon Seattle time--it will be much later for us--I think we will try to cat nap on the second leg of our flight...!

You can take shuttle from hotel to Pike Market area also ... just tell them when you get there.. Cutters is casual... saw everything from very nice jeans to "business" attire and they do have non-seafood items. And those raspberry mojitos--they sent us ingredients but not the "recipe"... maybe you can wiggle it out of them??? :) We flew from Philly to Seattle and dozed on the plane... hope you have wonderful weather as we did

• 3 weeks later...

Archived