Transfer From Civitavecchia To Rome Airport

daveoc

Prior to booking, when I looked at the shore excursions for our cruise that ends in Civitavecchia it said that there was a motorcoach option to Rome airport from Seabourn.

Having now booked when I go to look this option seems to have gone.

Anyone know if Seabourn do organise a coach to the airport or, failing that, can I have some recommendations of the best way to get there.

Thank You

Prior to booking, when I looked at the shore excursions for our cruise that ends in Civitavecchia it said that there was a motorcoach option to Rome airport from Seabourn.

Anyone know if Seabourn do organise a coach to the airport or, failing that, can I have some recommendations of the best way to get there.

Thank You

We use Stefano at Rome Cabs (romecabs.com) and very much enjoy his services. Always on time and clean, nice vans. Door to door service.

There will be a coach to the airport for flights after noon.You are able to book this onboard. If you have an earlier flight the best option would be to book a taxi preferably with someone from Civitavecchia as if you book Stefano he has to come out from Rome and it will be more expensive, but I must say we have also used Stefano many times and he is excellent.

It's the easiest option of you want to wait around with a busful of other people and be at their discretion. Plus it will certainly cost you as much or more as a private car (another vote for Stefano here, he's the best) since Seabourn charges per person.

Thank You

Hi Daveoc,

We are on the Seabourn Spirit, departing Venice on September 11th and arriving in Rome on September 18th. We too were interested in booking transfers via the ship but they have yet to appear. I sent Seabourn an email on Monday (August 16th) and am still awaiting their 72 hour promise to reply. I too am interested in knowing the price of transfers via the ship vs. a private transfer. You wouldn't happen to be on our cruise would you?

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Kim

We found another couple on our roll call and arranged to share with them so the price was 150euros for 4 of us rather than 120 for 2. Maybe you could try that. I booked for just the 2 of us to begin with but then added on the other couple with an e-mail to Stefano - it was no problem and brought the cost down a lot.

Archived