Latitude Credit for a 4 Night Cruise?

sure2sail

NCL website indicates Latitude credit is given only for cruises of 5 nights or longer. How strict are they? Has anyone ever received Latitude credit for a 4 night cruise? Considering booking a 4-nighter in December, but this issue is causing some indecision. Thanks.

NCL website indicates Latitude credit is given only for cruises of 5 nights or longer. How strict are they? Has anyone ever received Latitude credit for a 4 night cruise? Considering booking a 4-nighter in December, but this issue is causing some indecision. Thanks.

They are extremely strict with the Latitude rules so forget it.

Latitude credit is given for any cruise regardless of length, as long as it is a "full tariff cruise". I think what you read indicated that the latitude perks are received only on cruises of 5 nights or longer.

"Any benefits for which you are eligible as a member of the Latitudes Program, will be only be available to you, are not transferable and will only be available on NCL sailings which are 5 nights or longer."

So things like the latitudes cocktail party or platinum laundry service are not available on the short cruises.

NCL and others should implement the plan that HAL uses where you are given levels determined by number of days rather than number of cruises.

I have 32 days on three NCL cruises so am only on lowest level.

Had I taken those same number of days on 4,5 7, etc. day cruises, I would be on a higher level.

If the policy is 5 days, that is what it is. I find it a bit strange you would even ask this question. If I walked into our local grocery story next week and they had prime rib on sale for $6.99 lb, I doubt they would sell it to me for $6.59 a lb if I bought 2 of them. Now that I have said this, I really am not sure you have all the facts straight. You may want to check a little closer.

Nita

Thank you for the responses. I went back and re-read the rules. It looks like I was confusing receiving Latitude credit (any length of cruise qualifies) with receiving the Latitude perks onboard (only available on cruises of 5 days or longer). So our December cruise is on!

Thanks again. :D

Thank you for the responses. I went back and re-read the rules. It looks like I was confusing receiving Latitude credit (any length of cruise qualifies) with receiving the Latitude perks onboard (only available on cruises of 5 days or longer). So our December cruise is on!

Thanks again. :D

You're not the only confused one. I was, too, and just got it straighted out on another thread last week.

We've been on four NCL cruises together. Mary took her mother on a three-day repositioning cruise. Mary got Latitude platinum package right after our Baltic cruise in June on the Sun. We're both going to consider ourselves Plats.

Archived