Ft lauderdale amerisuites

marjmy

We are staying here pre cruise in April, just wondering where the Walgreens is from this hotel, also I believe I read some time ago that they were building a new Publix, is that true or is it still a few blocks on 17th ave! We would like to purchase some pre cruise pop and what not.

thanks for any response

MArjorie

we stayed at the one on 17th and it was nice and clean. Get signed up for the shuttle early, the list gets long but they did a good job of getting everyone there and it was not really a hassle or push and shove type thing as I hear it is at some hotels. Pool was nice, let me know if you have any particular questions.

I stayed there in November 04. Rooms were overbooked and they were trying to get people with confirmed reservations to go elsewhere. Rooms were not ready for hours past the time for check in. Very chaotic experience and very disgruntled people. Front desk staff not very helpful or knowledgable. I think I would stay elsewhere next time but it is convenient to shopping (Publix, liquor store) and close to the port...

Hi:) I will be there next month....can let you know upon my return what is new:D .......oh.....4 more weeks!

Lois R, Could you post what you thought of the hotel when you get back? I know that you stayed there in 2003, but I have seen some conflicting opinions on this hotel. We have reservations there before our cruise in June and just want to make sure that it is still a pretty nice hotel. We don't need anything fancy, just nice and comfortable. Thanks so much for all of your help!:)

fdlacey, my pleasure:)

I usually do try Priceline for one of the other hotels.....but the price kept coming up too high for my liking......

I got this one on Hotwire....including my taxes 85.00....I am happy with that price.

Will definitely let you know how things go:)

We stayed there post cruise on 2-6-05. Very clean rooms, all suites with bedroom area, and living area. Booked on Hotwire, and paid $69. for the night. They have a really nice breakfast, scrambled eggs, you can make your own waffles and put syrup or strawberries on them. Lots of fresh fruit, cold cereal, rolls and muffins. They also have a shuttle to and from the port and to and from the airport. We did not know about the shuttle from the port, but did use the shuttle to the airport.

There is a new publix grocery store almost across the street that has everything you would need. About 4 blocks down toward the port is a walgreens, and many other places along 17th street.

Archived