Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

I have an extra coupon book that was provided by my travel agent, it still contains the 2 for 1 coffee card coupon. The book expires on 12/31/2010 so your cruise needs to be in the next 30 days.

First one to post that they want it, it is yours and we will get in touch for me to mail it to you.

If you still have the book available please email me at chezzel at optonline dot net....thanks!

I have an extra coupon book that was provided by my travel agent, it still contains the 2 for 1 coffee card coupon. The book expires on 12/31/2010 so your cruise needs to be in the next 30 days.

First one to post that they want it, it is yours and we will get in touch for me to mail it to you.

Forgot to include my email address in the first posting! Sorry!:o

hfuller24 at hotmail dot com

We go on our second cruise in January on the Sea Princess having been on Celebrity for our first cruise. No one mentions anything about Sea Princess. Has anyone any experience of this ship. I know its getting on a bit in age but I'm beginning to think it's sunk!

Bazzauk, try the Sea Princess roll call threads at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=308

Just scroll down until you find your sailing; you should be able to find others on your particular week. There are threads already started for both January 10th (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1190338) and January 24th(http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1142887).

Looks as if you're new to CruiseCritic's boards -- welcome, and have fun! :)

We go on our second cruise in January on the Sea Princess having been on Celebrity for our first cruise. No one mentions anything about Sea Princess. Has anyone any experience of this ship. I know its getting on a bit in age but I'm beginning to think it's sunk!

Just sailed the Sea Princess in August - ask any questions you want! You should probably start a new topic thread though, it doesn't really belong here. Overall impression was a nice ship, no real complaints. Look in the review area also.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess on Sunday. Because of this site, we looked for an open dining room on embarkation day, as I was convinced that there was one. I asked at least 3 employees if the dining room was open, and they all told us to go to the Horizon Court. When we found the open dining room, we were graciously served a delicious and relaxing lunch, in a reasonable amount of time. It was the same DR that is always open for lunch, but since we were new on the ship, we didn't know which one that was.

Several years ago and subsequently since then, we usually find that one of the bolts has come loose on the wheelchair (we fly in from Denver). We tell our steward and before long here comes the engineer with a bucket load of misc. tools and the chair is fixed. One time they even had to replace a bolt/nut. Although not a perfect fix, it did the job for our weeks cruise and the flight home. You can't ask for better than that!

You can order a complementary plate of assorted stuffed olives at the martini bar. If you bring wine onboard you can pick up wine glasses at any bar or just leave your room steward a note to always leave clean glasses in your room. If you pre purchase internet minutes before you leave you will get free minutes based on the package you pick. If you are staying in an interior stateroom leave the TV on the bridge cam channel it will give the illusion of a window and if you leave it on all night it will serve as a night light.[/quote

That is what I always tell my friends...we get an interior room and pretend the tv is our window !!!

Several years ago and subsequently since then, we usually find that one of the bolts has come loose on the wheelchair (we fly in from Denver). We tell our steward and before long here comes the engineer with a bucket load of misc. tools and the chair is fixed. One time they even had to replace a bolt/nut. Although not a perfect fix, it did the job for our weeks cruise and the flight home. You can't ask for better than that!

Thanks for posting your experience. It was very nice to read and nice to know these kind of things happen.:):):)

After carefully reading all of the postings [!], I kept seeing references to the possibility of booking Internet time ahead of the cruise, but I never saw any advice as to how to do this. I checked the Princess website, but had no luck finding anything about it. We're cruising on December 23--have I waited too long? This will be our eighth cruise & our third with Princess, but never knew we could buy Internet minutes ahead of time.

This is a great thread--thanks so much to everyone who has contributed all of these wonderful tips. :)

Here's one I haven't seen--my husband and I always bring our canes with us. We don't need them at home, but sometimes if the ship is rockin' and rollin', they're just wonderful!

Also haven't seen anything about bring liquor on board--just wine & beer. We've always brought a bottle of booze packed in our luggage for that cocktail while we're dressing for dinner. Never had a problem.

I've always appreciated the help I've gotten from CruiseCritic.

Thanks.

GG

This is not a "Secret" and is very obvious to most of us, but when using your own PC onboard and checking your email, never read individual messages while you're online using up your minutes. Download everything by clicking 'Send and Receive' and then read it off line. Compose ALL your outgoing messages in Word, WordPad, etc before you go back online, and then cut and paste them into an email.

Not very computer smart - so how do I do this? Also is there a way to do this on the cruise critic boards? I would like to do a "live from" both Mexican Riveria and Panama Canal but I don't want to eat up my minutes by reading all the posts while on-line.

Thanks,

Robyn

No problem smoking in your room- all the poisonous fumes are sucked out through your door vent into the hallway.

Is this a joke or just stressing how much smoking in your room affects the other passengers? The last ship I was on people would walk way out of their way to avoid a certain section on the way to their cabin. You literally had to hold your breath as you passed.

It wasn't as bad as the quantity of perfume that some people bathed in, though. Cruise ships can be rough for those of us with allergies.

Is this a joke or just stressing how much smoking in your room affects the other passengers? The last ship I was on people would walk way out of their way to avoid a certain section on the way to their cabin. You literally had to hold your breath as you passed.

It wasn't as bad as the quantity of perfume that some people bathed in, though. Cruise ships can be rough for those of us with allergies.

Good point about the perfume. I get migraines from the smell of too much perfume. My tip is to make sure you bring your migraine meds with you: :D

Click here: Communications : Princess Cruises®

You order them as a gift to yourself

Linda

Linda, regarding these prepurchase internet minutes, they always say on board that we cannot get the bonus minutes as a platinum or elite person but this looks like we could get those extra minutes plus more if it was allowed by prepurchasing this package. Do you or anyone else know if we do actually get the extra minutes?

Love the tips and am getting a real hankering for escargot...

While you are packing a coffee mug for everyone, don't forget a water bottle for on shore. I am always shocked at the people shelling out $4 for bottled water and hate the environmental impact.

I'm glad to hear the coffee is better. I was beginning to think they downgraded the quality of the coffee to get people to buy the coffee cards. For those of us with lesser coffee tastes, perhaps bringing some powder CoffeeMate from home might help disguise the coffee.

Not to reopen the corkage debate but I see why the original poster suggested the less than scrupulous avoidance plan; that is the most ridiculous corkage fee I have ever heard of. Here's to "wining" in the cabin before and after meals. Thanks for the tip that you can request wine glasses in the cabin.

Those around the next 3"x6" pockets are very handy for holding your room key, money, and even a folded up schedule.

Crocs are nice for the wet areas. They may take up space bt they weigh next to nothing in your luggage.

(sorry those were more cruise general than Princess specific)

I don't know why you find the corkage fee ridiculous. It is very common here in restaurants with no wine or where you are able to bring your own wine to pay a corkage fee. They certainly make a lot more money if you buy the bottle from them. Be thankful that Princess allows us to bring wine aboard unlike many other lines.

Archived