Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

It's not a princess secret but you should read this about Diamond International. I thought it was pretty interesting http://trumpettravels.blogspot.com/2011_01_09_archive.html

Hi Misty,

I waqs skeptical about all this since I have made some purchases at DI but I checked the sources - even called that guy in San Diego, and he confirmed it.

After reading the rest of the blog I started to really like it and always tell my new cruising friends about it.

When i board in FLL i bring beer in my backpack from the nearby store when i stay pre-cruise.I don't drink wine,etc on a cruise.:)

BoPippy-is the store you bought your beer within walking distance? Also, does it sell wine? If so, what's the name? Would like to find a place for our September cruise.

BoPippy-is the store you bought your beer within walking distance? Also, does it sell wine? If so, what's the name? Would like to find a place for our September cruise.

Total Wine is nearby and they have beer and wine. It's on the way from the airport so just get your driver to stop. You can pre order and pick it up. Here's the website:

http://www.wineaccess.com/store/totalwine-fortlauderdale/index.html:D

Happy Cruising!

Total Wine & More - Fort Lauderdale

1906 Cordova Road

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Right behind our hotel..Embassy Suites the day before we board our ship.:)beer,wine,etc and the beer is less than half the price that it is where i live.

On the larger ships, such as the Ruby, Emerald, Crown, etc., there is a secret door that leads out to a deck above the bridge. It's a great place to be during sailaway. Just go to the Lido deck and go all the way forward. You will see a door on either side. Go through those doors to another door that leads to a few steps leading to this deck. However, these doors are locked while at sea. It's way too windy and therefore dangerous.

It's not always locked while at sea. I was able to go out and take pictures and video. It definitely was windy, so I hung on to the railings.

Hey, another fellow Monctonian! Went to high school there etc.

Are you a native or moved there?

As you can see, I am now in Lotus land (ie BC) ha, ha

I see you had tons of blizzards this year...my family never believed me but now they understand about Moncton's storms.

Have a good cruise!

Whilst its assumed most cabins are the same size, there are a few spots on the ship where the cabins are bigger in order to fit in with the shape of the ship. Likewise with suites. For instance, Premium Suites on Diamond range from 540 to 709 sq ft so if you pick the larger ones you get over 150sq ft of space extra without paying any extra.

I believe it was on this thread that I read that the steam rooms are free of charge, as is the pool one deck below the Sanctuary. But I just spoke to Princess and was told it's $10 for a half day to use the Lotus spa pool, one deck below the Sanctuary,and the sauna and steam room.

I believe it was on this thread that I read that the steam rooms are free of charge, as is the pool one deck below the Sanctuary. But I just spoke to Princess and was told it's $10 for a half day to use the Lotus spa pool, one deck below the Sanctuary,and the sauna and steam room.

That is completely incorrect. The $10/half day is for the Sanctuary. The Lotus Spa pool, sauna and steam rooms are completely free... really... some of the Princess CSR's need to smacked upside the head. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the Princess phone reps are NOTORIOUS for giving out misinformation! It's $10 a half day for the Sanctuary. The pool, steam rooms (other than the Thermal suite, which does have a charge) and sauna are free and open to all!

That's good news! She wasn't sure so she put me on hold and checked for me. When she came back and explained it, I asked, "So it's $10 for half a day at the Sanctuary and a different $10 for a half day for the Lotus spa pool, sauna and steam rooms?" She said yes!

Sue

That's good news! She wasn't sure so she put me on hold and checked for me. When she came back and explained it, I asked, "So it's $10 for half a day at the Sanctuary and a different $10 for a half day for the Lotus spa pool, sauna and steam rooms?" She said yes!

Sue

She should have just stuck with not sure. It was way more accurate. :p ;) :p

That is completely incorrect. The $10/half day is for the Sanctuary. The Lotus Spa pool, sauna and steam rooms are completely free... really... some of the Princess CSR's need to smacked upside the head. :rolleyes:

Do they have the steam rooms on the Island? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
to go to the buffet and take plates of food/drinks to the cabin?

I saw people do this and wondered if its one of those things people do and shouldn't??:confused:

I took a plate of cookies to our cabin one evening. I can also see bringing some pieces of cheese, fruit and bread for "cocktail hour" on the balcony or having a glass of wine, while dressing for dinner. :) I wouldn't want dirty dishes left around though, that would be gross. At that time, I would know the steward would be in to turn down the bed and could take the plates away.

I really couldn't tell what you meant. Your post is a perfect example of how it made perfect sense to you and meant something entirely different to me (someone else).

Funny thing....my husband read it and immediately thought you were wondering if I had let someone know what a good deed this man had done for me. I thought the same thing.

But I am sure if you showed the post to someone that enjoyed gambling, they would take it as the way you meant it. Perception, experiences, all that kind of stuff really plays a part in how something is read, huh? I find it fascinating because I totally see how you were meaning it to read...

But yes, I left immediately. Neither my husband nor myself find any enjoyment in gambling. It's just not fun for either of us.

:)

I am certain I am wrong, but did you mean helped you to steasl $200 cash:confused::rolleyes::confused::(:confused:

Archived