The Big Pink Bus Tour

Hi,

We took the Pink Bus tour last week. How many people are in your group? We are a family of 4 and I don't feel it was worth the $. We only got off at 2 places; the Reversing Falls and the Market Square. We even walked back to the ship from the market so $148 to go a few miles was steep. We rode the bus around on 2 of the loops and had a sample of the port area but there has to be a cheaper way to do this. If there are only 2 of you - could be OK as cabs can add up too. FYI - the Reversing Falls was more of a whirlpool versus a fall. It depends on the tide and our ship was there during low tide.

Tina

We were there last week and did the Pink Hop On/Off. I have to agree that it probably wasn't worth it (for 3 of us). We got off at the reversing rapids and walked to the zip line. If you just want a tour, others in our family did the trolly tour. I think they said it was around $30 and they really enjoyed it. We found that the Hop On/Off buses were good for getting from place to place if you wanted to get off and explore, but the 'tour' part is not really that good. We found the same thing in Halifax, except in Halifax everything is so close to the ship you can just walk.

• 11 months later...

As a local I don't recommend it because of the price. For $2.75 each you can easily use the local transit to get to Reversing Falls or a cheap cab ride. All other destinations are easily reached on foot. My understanding is you have to purchase from cruise line. Inititially when first offered last year, locals could ride the pink bus for $5

• 4 months later...
We will definitely take your advice

as the cruise ship wants $41.50 per ticket. :)

After getting off the ship at St. John

and moseying around in the great little local craft market dockside, under a big marquis

we asked the Pink Bus people how much?

$42 a person they quoted!

Wow :eek: we thought...and declined.

Later in the day we found the City Bus Tour for $20 a person

which did the same quick Reversing Falls/tour of the city/Marketplace stop, I'm sure.

The driver was very informative and everyone was happy to slip him a lil something as we got off!

Heck we got to do something, go somewhere --took quite a few pics

Decent value for money at $20 -not at $42

Archived