?question about carib balcony

ladylynne

Most of my previous 10 cruises on Princess have been on the aloha, baha, or riviera decks with a balcony. So I'm having apperntly a memory (my DH says knowlege) lapse. Can you please tell me if the balcony on the Caribbean Princess ~ Carib deck ~ is covered or uncovered and if it's slightly larger then some of the others? I apologize if this is a repeat question...I have done a search but it's not finding me my answer. thanks in advance.

Most of my previous 10 cruises on Princess have been on the aloha, baha, or riviera decks with a balcony. So I'm having apperntly a memory (my DH says knowlege) lapse. Can you please tell me if the balcony on the Caribbean Princess ~ Carib deck ~ is covered or uncovered and if it's slightly larger then some of the others? I apologize if this is a repeat question...I have done a search but it's not finding me my answer. thanks in advance.

The largest balcony half covered.

thank you so very much for your quick reply. Not only was i so right and will enjoy rubbing it in my DH face, but my DD gets a big balcony on her upcoming cruise! she chose a guarenteed room and got a carib...yay!

thanks again friends

Woohoo! This is great to hear! We booked at BD guarantee and got upgraded yesterday to a BA on Caribe. We wanted to do a private balcony dinner, but were a bit apprehensive once being upgraded since we thought the entire balcony was exposed and we'd have a sea of potential onlookers enjoying the dinner with us. Maybe it could still be 'private' if it is half covered. And wow - 9x9, not too shabby! (and ladylynne, make sure he says "you were right" at least twice :) )

The largest balcony half covered.

Do any of the Princess ships have any mini suites on this deck? We go for the Emerald Deck because we don't want to be 100% exposed and I don't want to be 100% exposed to the sun, but half and half would be ideal, but we are not willing to let go of the extra elbow room of a balcony cabin.

Are there any ships that have minis on this deck?

Dawn

Do any of the Princess ships have any mini suites on this deck? We go for the Emerald Deck because we don't want to be 100% exposed and I don't want to be 100% exposed to the sun, but half and half would be ideal, but we are not willing to let go of the extra elbow room of a balcony cabin.

Are there any ships that have minis on this deck?

Dawn

No only the few covered minis on Emerald and all the uncovered ones on Dolphin deck on Grand Class.

On the Island/Coral there are covered minis on Baja/Caribe decks.

Check here to see which are covered....

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

No only the few covered minis on Emerald and all the uncovered ones on Dolphin deck on Grand Class.

On the Island/Coral there are covered minis on Baja/Caribe decks.

Check here to see which are covered....

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Your reply is certainly a "keeper." We were on the Grand in March and next the Star...but sooner or later, we'll be on one of the other classes. We were on the Dawn and Diamond, but the Dawn was a full suite and the Diamond was just a mini (that is the smallest square feet we ever go because, unlike some others, we actually do spend time in our room/balcony--ha!).....

Now, one last thing...are they are Princess ships that have minis on the stern? Again, we like that extra living area space for elbow room but can't always afford to do the full suites.

Dawn

Woohoo! This is great to hear! We booked at BD guarantee and got upgraded yesterday to a BA on Caribe. We wanted to do a private balcony dinner, but were a bit apprehensive once being upgraded since we thought the entire balcony was exposed and we'd have a sea of potential onlookers enjoying the dinner with us. Maybe it could still be 'private' if it is half covered. And wow - 9x9, not too shabby! (and ladylynne, make sure he says "you were right" at least twice :) )

We did the ultimate balcony dining on a Caribe balcony and it won't be as private as you think. If you time it right either everyone is already at dinner or getting ready to go to dinner but there maybe on lookers. The covered part of the deck is close to the sliding doors and the table will be set up closer to the railing so the waiter has room to work still giving a a nice view.

We would do it again in a heart beat but anybody above us could look down and see if they wished.

Your reply is certainly a "keeper." We were on the Grand in March and next the Star...but sooner or later, we'll be on one of the other classes. We were on the Dawn and Diamond, but the Dawn was a full suite and the Diamond was just a mini (that is the smallest square feet we ever go because, unlike some others, we actually do spend time in our room/balcony--ha!).....

Now, one last thing...are they are Princess ships that have minis on the stern? Again, we like that extra living area space for elbow room but can't always afford to do the full suites.

Dawn

I don't beleive there are any aft facing mini's.

We love the Caribe deck balconies and have booked them on more then a half dozen Grand Class ship cruises. When the first Grand Class was introduced (the Grand Princess) we were on her that first summer and heard, via CC, about those balconies. In those days they were actually a lower category then the Aloha and Baja deck balconies because they simply priced by deck. But, Princess quickly learned that the Caribe deck balconies were very popular and revised the categories so they are now the highest balcony categories (BA and BB). To be blunt, we would rather be in a regular Caribe balcony cabin then in the mini-suits one deck below which have a totally open balcony. We gladly trade the extra mini-suite space for the half covered Caribe deck balcony.

Hank

Archived