Buy one get one air ticket to london from U.S.

cruise junky joan

Does anyone know of a credit card program that will get me a companion fare for free?

Alaska Air does this with their credit card with no minimum charge required. You just pay the 75.00 for the annual membership and they send you the voucher for the companion fare.

I understand the British Airways has a similar deal but you have to charge 30,000.00 in a year to get the extra seat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know of a credit card program that will get me a companion fare for free?

Alaska Air does this with their credit card with no minimum charge required. You just pay the 75.00 for the annual membership and they send you the voucher for the companion fare.

I understand the British Airways has a similar deal but you have to charge 30,000.00 in a year to get the extra seat.

Any help would be appreciated.

Companion fare is $99 on AS/Alaska Air; and only valid for flights on Alaska/Horizon metal; not their mileage plan partners.

That being said, AA offer both a) One Way Rewards; and b) Return off-peak rewards to Europe for 40,000 miles.

There are two companion deals on the BA Chase Visa.

1) Spend $30,000 p.a. and get a voucher which gets you two tickets for the price of one when using miles

2) If you buy a fully flexible ticket with cash then you will get a second one gratis. Alas, a fully flexible ticket is unlikely to be purchased by a (generally) price sensitive leisure traveller as they cost several multiples of the lowest fare, negating any savings.

There's rarely such thing as a free lunch.

scottbee: You're right about the 99.00. I had forgotten about that. Still, 174.00 for a first class ticket from Washington, D.C. to Anchorage ain't bad.

I have never used miles to pay for a ticket so this is totally new to me but something I definitely want to pursue given the cost of two tickets to London.

Joan

Archived