My time dining

Hi folks!

Looking forward to cruise in 2 weeks but have some questions re: my time dining. I cruised on the Adventure in Feb. and we went anytime we want. The Maitre' D seated just seated us in the same section so we would have the same server. We also had a deuce table each time.

This time on the Freedom I have made a 7:30pm reservation across the board for each night. Will that matter if I'm 15 min. early or late? Who knows what will be going on, showtimes, etc??

Any suggestions?

Thanks!:D

If you don't show when they expect you, they may hold the table for a while...but you should try to be as "on time" as possible. If you're too late, they may need the table for others who may be waiting.

If you do have to wait a minute or two...its not a big deal...you're on vacation...you've got time!

Hi folks!

Looking forward to cruise in 2 weeks but have some questions re: my time dining. I cruised on the Adventure in Feb. and we went anytime we want. The Maitre' D seated just seated us in the same section so we would have the same server. We also had a deuce table each time.

This time on the Freedom I have made a 7:30pm reservation across the board for each night. Will that matter if I'm 15 min. early or late? Who knows what will be going on, showtimes, etc??

Any suggestions?

Thanks!:D

Why would you make a set time if you aren't certain you will be there then?:confused:

Why would you make a set time if you aren't certain you will be there then?:confused:

Sometimes there can be a slight wait if you want a table for 2 and haven't made reservations. He wants to make sure they hold a table for him so he won't have to wait, but doesn't want the inconvenience of having to be there at the time the table is reserved.

OK, no need for :confused: This is the time we normally eat.

Once on board, if we choose to book specialty restaurants we will do so & release the space. Once I pick up my ice skating tickets, I will adjust it for ice show night. Once the next day's compass is available, I will cancel or change reservations if necessary. Who knows? Maybe I'll opt out of formal night all together & go to Johnny Rocket's for those great onion rings. But at least I know the space is held for me.

Once on board, I will figure it out. I merely wanted to know how they work my time dining since the Freedom has more people on it. :o

OK, no need for :confused: This is the time we normally eat.

Once on board, if we choose to book specialty restaurants we will do so & release the space. Once I pick up my ice skating tickets, I will adjust it for ice show night. Once the next day's compass is available, I will cancel or change reservations if necessary. Who knows? Maybe I'll opt out of formal night all together & go to Johnny Rocket's for those great onion rings. But at least I know the space is held for me.

Once on board, I will figure it out. I merely wanted to know how they work my time dining since the Freedom has more people on it. :o

Freedom has 18% more people then Adventure. Freedom's dining room is at least 20% bigger then Adventure's. As is the theatre, Promenade, etc.

Certain lines add 500 people when designing a new ship similar to an existing smaller ship and don't add an inch to common space. RC is not the Love Boat.

Just got back Sunday from the Freedom. Didn't sign up for My Time Dining until we boarded since we had a lot of on board credit we wanted to use for the gratutiies. My Time Host suggested 7:45 pm as 7:30 wasn't available every night. First couple of nights went fine - waited maybe 5 minutes max. for our same table for four and had an outstanding waiter.

It went downhill later in the week. People who had 6:00 and 6:30 reservations started showing up later and later as the week wore on. This put the whole My Time Dining system behind schedule and the check in line started to extend past the elevators and it took 30 minutes to reach the check-in desk.

Some felt they were entitled to cut the line because they had reservations (so did most everyone else on line). One night we took whatever table we could get due to the long wait. Another night our favorite waiter saw us not in his section but served us anyway (extra tip for him).

Am I disappointed with the Dining Room Staff? Heck no! It was the inconsiderate late arriving guests that were the problem. The dining room staff worked their butts off to turn over the tables as quickly as the late guests would leave. Too many guests think that My Time means Any Time.

I like the concept - I will just pick an earlier seating time in the future so we are not waiting on tables to clear. And for those who think the service may be sub-par due to pre-paid tips, I disagree. I felt the entire My Time Dining Staff, Host and Head Waiter were all excellent.

Lou

So my time dining means you have to specify a time each night when you want to show up for dinner? When we cruised last on Carnival we had the anytime dining and could just show up anytime within a three hour window, I'm assuming this is not the same type system?

Also what about tables for two on the Freedom? Is this a possibility? I like to enjoy dinner wit my wife, not with other people I do not know, just a personal preference.

So my time dining means you have to specify a time each night when you want to show up for dinner? When we cruised last on Carnival we had the anytime dining and could just show up anytime within a three hour window, I'm assuming this is not the same type system?

Also what about tables for two on the Freedom? Is this a possibility? I like to enjoy dinner wit my wife, not with other people I do not know, just a personal preference.

It was supposed to be "my time" but has evolved into "whatever time they can get me a table" ..and yes you can get tables for two so you can eat with your wife. And they do suggest you make ressies for the week so you can get the time you want to eat. (Don't be shocked if you are offered two time slots to choose from"..:rolleyes:

Loudbmw,

Looks like I will look into an earlier dinner slot so I don't have to deal with inconsiderate people. I like to dine without others as well and would like to secure that table for two. With the exception of St. Thomas when we leave there at 7pm. I think that night may be lobster night. They tend to have lobster on the late port night expecting that people are too tired & never make it to dinner. Saving money. Thanks for the heads up!

Can't wait!

Archived