What do I do? I feel like I am really missing stuff.

GrammyJill

One our previous cruises we pretty much got a packet in the mail from the cruise line with our docs & luggage tags.

I know I need to print stuff off but can you tell me what all you print & need to take to the port?

I also already have directions & confirmations to the hotels pre & post cruise.

Also, how do you print the luggage tags? On plain paper? Seems like it could get torn.

One our previous cruises we pretty much got a packet in the mail from the cruise line with our docs & luggage tags.

I know I need to print stuff off but can you tell me what all you print & need to take to the port?

Also, how do you print the luggage tags? On plain paper? Seems like it could get torn.

Print on paper - laminate - punch holes in either end and zip tie to luggage when ready to go to port.

We always print the entire document package and take it with us. If you are using Carnival transfers they will be in the documents. Also the FunPass information is included in the document ion.

As to the luggage tags: Yes print it on plain paper. After we fold them according to the directions, we laminate them with clear packing tape. We also wait until we have collected our bags at the airport, or before we leave the hotel, and then staple them together around the handle.

This has worked well for us. Also you can get tags from the porters at the pier.

Hope this helps a bit.

-- Dave

What you need from the cruiseline is the completed FunPass. That's pretty much it.

As for the luggage tags, you can print them on plain paper and use them that way, or you can print them and wrap them in clear packing tape.

Or ... you can let the porters provide your tags for you.

All you need to get on the ship is your Fun Pass (1 page only) and appropriate ID and method of payment.

As far as luggage tags, don't bother, get them from the porters when you get there.

What you need from the cruiseline is the completed FunPass. That's pretty much it.

As for the luggage tags, you can print them on plain paper and use them that way, or you can print them and wrap them in clear packing tape.

Or ... you can let the porters provide your tags for you.

We just print the one page too, that's all you really need...

You definitely want to print the fun pass. If you purchased pier transfers from carnival, you want to print that page of the cruise documents (that is your boarding pass for the pier transfers). As for luggage tags, we print ours on regular paper and then staple them on when we get to the cruise terminal- we have never had a problem.

Thanks, y'all! I was really wondering how I was gonna sneak my luggage tags into the laminator at school! lol Clear packing tape will work!

I just can't believe I don't have to take an entire ream of paper work with me! lol

And I suspect that if you forgot the funpass you'd have no problems anyway- not like they don't have your information at the port. Just don't forget your passport/id and your credit card. That is where you would have problems.

1- Funpass

2- Passport

3- Driver's License

4- Credit Card

Though i'm pretty sure if you just showed up with your credit card, Carnival would still make it work :rolleyes: sorry just being facetious.

We just print the luggage tags and staple them. Regular paper, nothing special and it hasn't been as issue. Once we had the porter put a tag on the bag we used as a carry on for the flight...it was lost. We later found it in the large room of lost luggage which appeared to just be there for the taking.

I would print everything (using black and white setting with the exception of the Luggage Tag page). (like they are really going to have a barcode scanner when they deliver your bags? maybe upon sending them to the no no room.)

I prefer to keep my docs in a nice clear full page sheet like you would put in a 3 ring binder.

My experience has shown that no matter what you fill out before the cruise they will still want to see your ID/Passport/Proof of Residency in addition to your credit card.

Everything being printed is mainly to keep you busy for those last 30 days and to give the gov't a heads up to those who are cruising that might be on the no no lists.

Luggage tags had been available when you get to the port too as in the past all they sent you were 3 tags.

I don't have anything that says "Funpass" on it. Does that mean I won't have any fun?! My cruise leaves today(!)...I have the 8 or so page PDF with all sorts of other information on, but nothing that says "funpass". All it asks me to print is the page of the luggage tags. I'm wondering if Carnival has updated its policy and printing of this alleged funpass isn't necessary? Their webite is pretty crappy, so maybe they haven't updated it. Or something.

I just checked my fun pass. Under manage my cruises, edit check-in (green button), print fun pass (red button). It shows a one page document that says "Fun Pass Quick Check In" on it. It also says "Please keep this pass with your proof of citizenship/photo identificatio and have it upon arrival at the cruise terminal".

The last time we cruised I think it was in the middle of the 8 page or so document...

Have a great cruise.

The FunPass is the first page. Pretty easy to find that one. Better have it.

I print 2 tags on heavy paper for each bag. One on each handle. That way if one gets ripped off you got a back up.

I guess if you don't have access to a computer and a printer these days you don't cruise with Carnival!

...nope, there's nothing like that on my "my cruise manager". I can access a "My documents" page that has a little map of the cruise, the itinierary and a 'view my documents' button, which just loads up the same PDF (without any Funpass page). There's no 'edit check-in' or 'print funpass' buttons.

It would be useful if the Carnival website designers actually used the main, unique and original feature of the internet - links - so when it mentions "you must print your funpass", it's actually a link to the bloody thing. It's a disease of American web design - other than Amazon, Apple and a few other exceptions, Americans CANNOT design websites.:mad:

The PDF also says that our Funpass status is "complete". As mentioned in a previous post, Carnival will not care who or what I am, as long as I have a credit card! So if they ask for a Funpass, I'll just direct them to their website and tell them if they can find it, print it themselves!

Thanks F5Loar - but page one is just a letter saying the usual "thanks for booking with Carnival" etc. Pages 2 & 4 mention room numbers and stuff. I'll just print out the whole thing. Page one is definitely not the funpass - not on my PDF, anyway.

I don't have anything that says "Funpass" on it. Does that mean I won't have any fun?! My cruise leaves today(!)...I have the 8 or so page PDF with all sorts of other information on, but nothing that says "funpass". All it asks me to print is the page of the luggage tags. I'm wondering if Carnival has updated its policy and printing of this alleged funpass isn't necessary? Their webite is pretty crappy, so maybe they haven't updated it. Or something.

Sorry- certain select passengers are designated as No Fun passengers:eek::D Just being your IDs and Credit Card. They won't keep you from getting onboard. Filling out that stuff is so they are sure they have the info.

The page labeled "Fun Pass" is page four of my documents for each of my B2B cruises. There is the welcome letter on page 1. Page 2 has booking summary and itinerary. Page 3 has Before you sail, and page 4 has Fun Pass. Post cruise transfers are on page 5 of the second cruise. The next couple of pages have some advertising about shore excursions, Sail and Sign, Spa services, etc. The final page is a luggage tag with cabin number, which you just print as many copies as you need.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

@bobbyleduck - page 4 of your docs is not the FunPass. It refers to the FunPass, but the FunPass itself is a separate doc. On that pesky My Cruise Manager Page, you have to pull the View Details menu to reveal the Edit Checkin page, which will THEN show you a PRINT FUNPASS button if you've completed your checkin checklist. Not very direct, I'll grant you that.

@hellopaul - The forum limits my max jpg to 620x280, but I took some screenshots that might help you navigate to your docs. First is the My Cruise Manager page shown when I'm logged in, and to the right I'm pulling the menu that allows me to View Cruise Documents. That opens a new window/tab for me called "My Documents". In the middle of that page is a VIEW button which pops up yet another window containing my 7 pages of cruise docs. Pages 1, 2, and 4 are shown here. Page 7 are the luggage tags, but I'm at my 5-image limit for this reply ;)

1800706444_Resizeof01cruisemgr.jpg.ad499eebd90ee4b6861756747549bb5b.jpg

1076824658_Resizeof02docs.jpg.fe0fb54901fca94134f359c6acbb3164.jpg

1979739266_Resizeof03docs01.jpg.71f2933171d3640ca2c8285760125552.jpg

1062741110_04docs02.jpg.0a62b62933b193ae7b57b206d78726cb.jpg

201142438_Resizeof04docs04.jpg.2f49ec577722c6757feb0c59d3889a8b.jpg

Archived