Luggage tag example no longer included in E-docs?

elena7seas

I decided not to bother requesting luggage tags from Celebrity as I am travelling solo on my Alaska cruise on Mercury, and will only be bringing one bag. I created a format for printing my own luggage tags several years ago, and was just going to print and laminate one tag of my own.

When I went to my e-docs, I was surprised to find that there was no longer an example of my luggage tag included with the edocs.

How long has this been happening?

Just for the sake of interest, for anyone that has received luggage tags in the last couple of months, what colour have your luggage tags been? On my last three cruises, my tags have always been the same deep ocean blue, regardless of the ship or the cabin category. Just wondering if they are all blue now, or if that was just a fluke, and they are still different colours, depending on your cabin class.

I printed my boarding pass out for our December cruise on the Connie, Friday, and the sample luggage tag printed out.

Aha! Found it at the bottom of my boarding pass. I had completed my online check-in, but hadn't printed out the boarding pass yet.

It's a white, much-simplified version of my last luggage tag (December 2009). Is that what they all look like now?

Thanks so much for answering my question and leading me in the right direction!

You may notice that the "sample luggage tag" on your documents is not a sample luggage tag at all but rather a form to give the porter at the deck to speed up their manual preparation of luggage tags - which usually just takes a few minutes even without this. I seem to recall the wording on the form specifically advising against using it to prepare your own tags.

Personally - I'd want to use the cruise line's luggage tags, either preprinted tags we ordered or manually written tags received at the pier, rather than using their form to make up my own design of tags, contrary to their instructions, as the staff handling the luggage might not recognize the latter and it could result in a delay in receiving the bags.

You may notice that the "sample luggage tag" on your documents is not a sample luggage tag at all but rather a form to give the porter at the deck to speed up their manual preparation of luggage tags - which usually just takes a few minutes even without this. I seem to recall the wording on the form specifically advising against using it to prepare your own tags.

Personally - I'd want to use the cruise line's luggage tags, either preprinted tags we ordered or manually written tags received at the pier, rather than using their form to make up my own design of tags, contrary to their instructions, as the staff handling the luggage might not recognize the latter and it could result in a delay in receiving the bags.

Thanks Larry.

Soon to be first time cruiser, so forgive my ignorance here....

Printed edocs yesterday. Do not see anything resembling luggage tag samples. Mostly a lot of paper with stuff about limitations of liability and so on, plus a page or two that appear to be things we would complete when we arrive (CC info, who can sign for things in our cabin, etc). Have not yet registered online, in case that matters. Am I missing something?

Printed edocs yesterday. Do not see anything resembling luggage tag samples. Mostly a lot of paper with stuff about limitations of liability and so on, plus a page or two that appear to be things we would complete when we arrive (CC info, who can sign for things in our cabin, etc). Have not yet registered online, in case that matters. Am I missing something?

When you print your Xpress Pass, the last page (I think) is what looks like one luggage tage in the middle of the page. I think this is a separate step to printing the edocs, it's the paperwork you get after you complete 'check in online' so you can breeze through check-in at embarkation.

When you print your Xpress Pass, the last page (I think) is what looks like one luggage tage in the middle of the page. I think this is a separate step to printing the edocs, it's the paperwork you get after you complete 'check in online' so you can breeze through check-in at embarkation.

Thanks. I plan to do tht online thing this weekend, so will look for this.

Hi There,

Our travel agent will forward to us our documents from Celebrity and she will order our luggage tags from Celebrity as well. Celebrity will mail them directly to our home. If you did not use a travel agent you can order your own tags. We have already printed out our Express Boarding passes. It did included a copy of the luggage tags that the porter at the pier can print out if need be.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I plan to do tht online thing this weekend, so will look for this.

Hi DanManBob:

If you are more than 14 days away from your departure, you can order luggage tags at no cost, from the "My Celebrity" area of the Celebrity website. I think it is through the "Online Check-in" tab, at the bottom of the first page of the Online Checkin procedure, where it says "Luggage Tag Information". (I can't check the accuracy of this at the moment, as my 14-day deadline has now passed, and the opportunity to order a luggage tag mailer has disappeared from "My Celebrity".)

If you are in Canada, you should order the luggage tags as soon as your edocs are available (that is the point, usually, when the ability to order luggage tags clicks in). It has taken me 16 days in the past to receive my luggage tag mailer here in Vancouver.

You should register online because it will speed up your boarding as well as the boarding of the people behind you. It's easier to do online than standing at a counter at the port. After you have registered you can print your Xpress pass and if it's within 45 days but more than 14 you can order luggage tags. A facimile will print during this period when you print your express pass.

To get onboard you will need your Xpress pass, passport or other suitable id and the credit card you registered online.

Have a great cruise!

Chicago boy, did your TA get you the great resident rates for Illinois. You can save a lot of money. Have her call Celebrity and ask!

Yes, you are missing something. It's not necessary to print the e-docs, but it is a very good idea to print your express boarding pass. The people in line behind will thank you because you will sail through the boarding process instead of having to come up with all that information while they wait. It's just like a boarding pass for boarding a plane.

And just order your luggage tags from Celebrity. It's very easy.

Enjoy your first cruise!

The cruise line needs some info well before the cruise date. That is the info on the "page or two" of information you noted above. If you do the on-line registration it fulfills at those requirements, and more and also allows you to print the Xpress pass others have mentioned above, so you don't have to fill out those pages.

I can't find the location to order the luggage tags in My Celebrity.

I've been through the online check-in, printed my Xpress pass, and have read (but not printed) the e-docs. It's 24 days before my sailing, so would think they should show up?

I live in New Zealand, have Celebrity stopped issuing luggage tags outside of the US? I know I can get the tags at the port, but would like them beforehand, as it will save a little time I would assume. You pay enough for the cruise, I don't think it's too much to ask that you get sent luggage tags, not even sure why you have to request them, surely it should be automatic to send at least 1 or 2 per person - do many people take cruises with only carry on luggage?

I booked through a local TA, and she says she has not received anything, but it's early yet, so just wait!!. As Celebrity think it's a great idea not to allow us to book online with them, I am forced to go through a local TA (I will not use this one again for a number of reasons), this is one thing that puts my off booking with Celebrity.

Thanks,

Anthony

I can't find the location to order the luggage tags in My Celebrity.

I've been through the online check-in, printed my Xpress pass, and have read (but not printed) the e-docs. It's 24 days before my sailing, so would think they should show up?

I live in New Zealand, have Celebrity stopped issuing luggage tags outside of the US? I know I can get the tags at the port, but would like them beforehand, as it will save a little time I would assume. You pay enough for the cruise, I don't think it's too much to ask that you get sent luggage tags, not even sure why you have to request them, surely it should be automatic to send at least 1 or 2 per person - do many people take cruises with only carry on luggage?

I booked through a local TA, and she says she has not received anything, but it's early yet, so just wait!!. As Celebrity think it's a great idea not to allow us to book online with them, I am forced to go through a local TA (I will not use this one again for a number of reasons), this is one thing that puts my off booking with Celebrity.

Thanks,

Anthony

In order to receive the luggage tags, your TA would have to have ordered them. If she hasn't ordered them, they won't be arriving. She should know whether she is able to order them or not.

Having said that, I think I may have read last week that Celebrity was no longer sending luggage tag mailers to Australia and New Zealand, but I'm not sure. You may want to start a new thread and ask the question. I tried to do a search and locate the post where I read it, but no luck! :)

Leaving on the Summit on 10/10/10 which was 45 days from yesterday, I ordered my luggage tags. It was not available until yesterday on the Celebrity website.

Go to Celebrity Cruises - My Celebrity - log in - my registration - manage my reservation and on the left side - Luggage Tag Information - request luggage tags - complete and submit.

On my screen it only allows you to select Canada or the United States. Hope this helps.

I did the same procedure in May for the Summit and received my luggage tags in a few days.

There is no Luggage Tag Information option showing in my booking, in My Celebrity, even though the sailing date is 9/19/10. I'm assuming that because I'm from New Zealand, and Celebrity have now decided they will only supply luggage tags to US and Canadian residents. Looks like I have no other option that to collect them from the port when I arrive.

To get the luggage tags at the port, do I just get blanks and I complete my stateroom number and name on them, or is there someone there who will print off the correct labels for my stateroom? If the latter, does this take long - is there often a queue for this?

Thanks,

Anthony

There is no Luggage Tag Information option showing in my booking, in My Celebrity, even though the sailing date is 9/19/10. I'm assuming that because I'm from New Zealand, and Celebrity have now decided they will only supply luggage tags to US and Canadian residents. Looks like I have no other option that to collect them from the port when I arrive.

To get the luggage tags at the port, do I just get blanks and I complete my stateroom number and name on them, or is there someone there who will print off the correct labels for my stateroom? If the latter, does this take long - is there often a queue for this?

Thanks,

Anthony

The porters at the pier will have blank tags--you just fill them out, attach them to your bags, and give the bags to the porters. Only takes a few minutes.

Archived