Royal Caribbean - Cannes (Monte Carlo)

gacomeau

I'll be taking a Med Cruise on the IOS on Sept. 11. I'm trying to plan for some independent shore excursions. The RCI itinerary indicates that one of the ports is "Cannes (Monte Carlo)". Does anyone know which one it would be? Cannes and Monte Carlo are about an hour apart. Knowing where we're docking would make a difference about what we do while in port.

I'm thinking Cannes since Monte Carlo is in brackets, but can anyone confirm.

Thanks.

The only way to be 100% sure is to call RCI. I would guess you will be in Cannes. While it is not unusual to list the port with another destination in parenthesizes, I have never seen it done for Cannes with Monte Carlo. Usually it will be something like Livorno (Florence).

Kirk

I'll be taking a Med Cruise on the IOS on Sept. 11. I'm trying to plan for some independent shore excursions. The RCI itinerary indicates that one of the ports is "Cannes (Monte Carlo)". Does anyone know which one it would be? Cannes and Monte Carlo are about an hour apart. Knowing where we're docking would make a difference about what we do while in port.

I'm thinking Cannes since Monte Carlo is in brackets, but can anyone confirm.

Thanks.

Our cruise on Equinox on 10/31 says the same thing for that port. If I go to try to book an excursion for the port it takes me to Cannes and is only selling tours from there. I'm thinking that is a good indicator that we're NOT going to tender into Monte Carlo! You might try the same thing on RCI...

Unfortunately, given that you are talking a year in advance I suspect even RCI does not know where they are going! And even if they give you an answer they may well change the port when you get closer to your cruise. There are 3 ports in that immediate area (all used by RCI from time to time) including Cannes (a tender port), Villefranche (a tender port) and Monte Carlo (a docking or tender port). About the only thing that we can say for sure is that all 3 of those ports are connected by the same rail line :)

Hank

Archived