flip flops dangerous?

capsfan24

Why does everyone say people shouldn't wear flip flops on deck? I would assume traction reasons. My wife wears flip flops all the time and I told her she might want to wear shoes on deck but she just says whatever

DH and I always wear flip flops on deck. Never had a problem.

Why does everyone say people shouldn't wear flip flops on deck? I would assume traction reasons. My wife wears flip flops all the time and I told her she might want to wear shoes on deck but she just says whatever
I have been on 5 cruises to date and on CC for 6 years. I really don't remember anyone ever saying something like that, I know I have never said that , so your statement is incorrect.

Not to say no one ever has said that, but I think the correct term is a few people.

Well, the deck does get slippery. I've managed to catch myself twice and I was being careful. I've also seen others slip. If the deck is dry, then no problem, but a little bit wet or around the pool, be careful.

Well, the deck does get slippery. I've managed to catch myself twice and I was being careful. I've also seen others slip. If the deck is dry, then no problem, but a little bit wet or around the pool, be careful.

I slipped really bad at the beginning of the line in the buffet where the hand sanitizers are. People shake the excess stuff on the floor and makes it extremely slippery. I was wearing Merrell thongs at the time.

We both wear Sole Brand flip flops on our cruises and they have not slipped. I did slip and fall on another cruise wearing just a regular pair of flip flops. It was very scary as I had had a broken tibia and have steel rods in my leg. I am very careful on wet decks.

I had to replace my older pair of Topsider flip flops as the toe strap finally failed on one. Rotten lousy things only lat 18 years of almost constant wear. I carry two pairs of Topsider flip flops on cruises. The have deck shoe soles and are as close to slip proof as one can get.

DW has some flip flops that are lethal. Hard, slick soles and wet decks are not a good combination. We did get her a pair yesterday that have very sticky poly urethane soles and they should be great on board.

Doc

There's a big difference between a good flip-flop like a Nike or Teva or Adidas and the 1.99 Old Navy or Walmart rubber "shower shoes" type. The cheapie rubber ones get incredibly slippery at times along with some of the dressy sandal type a lot of ladies wear.

I love my flip flops and live in them in the summers. Nike are my favorite - I think I have about 5 pair and swear I could run in them. I wear them everywhere in the summer and no issues with slipping or comfort.

I've never slipped on deck in my good flip flops but have seen others go down - usually wearing either the rubber things or some sort of dress or high heeled type sandal.

When she falls and busts her a$$, just say, whatever.

There's a big difference between a good flip-flop like a Nike or Teva or Adidas and the 1.99 Old Navy or Walmart rubber "shower shoes" type. The cheapie rubber ones get incredibly slippery at times along with some of the dressy sandal type a lot of ladies wear.

Those are the type of flip-flops I got, and as I stated in my post above, never had a problem except for pool water on the ground. ;)

I did a gold medal worth pirouette while hydroplaning in flip-flops on a walk on deck after the rain. Very embarrassing and resulted in a sprained wrist. :o Didn’t ruin my day or my cruise! But now have invested in a good pair of flip-flops with decent tread, they are Croc flip-flops which are much nicer then the originals and very comfy!

Archived