Hey Celebrity -- is anyone there reading this board?

cruisestitch

Definitely a vote for improved website services! I also want to see every room left in a category, not just 3! More pictures of the rooms/balcony's and the 360 degree view would be amazing! I would like to see the capitan's club credits on my "my celebrity" page too!

Don't disagree with the 'cheap' on the webiste, but unless things changed recently, Celebirty has wifi throughtout the S-class ships, and never did on the other Class ships, so it's not a 'no longer' issue.

Denny

..so, hold the phone....is there or is there not Wi-Fi on Solstice? That's a game changer....

You would think that after RCL bought X that they would use the same software. RCL can at least remember which cruises we've taken and what my cruise count is when I fill out my Xpress pass.

I think they are so obsessed with picture pop ups that the essential stuff is ignored.

And the booking procedure, on board or on line having to fill in every bit of data for each cruise over and over. Why can't all of the information be automatically linked to a phone number or Captain's Club number when filling in forms.

While comments about the food and wi-fi and so forth are also valuable, if we can concentrate on what is needed to improve the website, when we get a few more good ideas, I will compile them and send to X. Meantime, if you are listening, I mean reading, out there, it's time to update the info on your site about what browsers are needed/recommended for use on board if one brings ones own computer. That information is just plain wrong. And I completely agree about the "remember me" type cookies -- let me fill that info in once, not over and over and over.

The Celebrity site is awful. Creating a better search engine with multiple selections would be a great start to a revamp. Though I doubt an outcry on here will bring back the osso bucco etc., it could yield decent changes in the website, if Celebrity is thinking of a revamp in the near future - I sure hope they are, anyway! Celebrity should consider themselves pretty lucky, they have a wide variety of opinions to draw from here with little to no market research.

Okay Celebrity, I'm also looking for a multi-person beverage package. I want something that passengers sharing a cabin can share.

It IS doable....

And, while I'm thinking about, what's with NO Caribbean sailings next summer? You're over-saturating Alaska and Europe. I'd much rather see some back-and-forth ocean crossings; or Iceland/Greenland.

Back on the topic of the website, the problem with incorrect stateroom location still remains. Pick the Connie, pretend you are going to book a cruise, when the three available stateroom options are shown, choose a stateroom. It's supposed to show you which quadrant the stateroom is in, but it doesn't. If you pick an odd numbered stateroom, you get the even numbered quadrant. It's been pointed out numerous times, but they never fix it.

And I definitely agree with a previous poster who said that being shown only three choices in your category isn't enough. It should be able to show ALL the available staterooms in that booking category.

Back on the topic of the website, the problem with incorrect stateroom location still remains. Pick the Connie, pretend you are going to book a cruise, when the three available stateroom options are shown, choose a stateroom. It's supposed to show you which quadrant the stateroom is in, but it doesn't. If you pick an odd numbered stateroom, you get the even numbered quadrant. It's been pointed out numerous times, but they never fix it.

Hi Cruisestitch !

This glitch has been around for about a year - maybe more. I've reported it to Celebrity several times, so they have to be aware of it. It's wide-spread and mostly on the M-Class ships, though it occasionally happens with the S-Class too. Hopefully, their web team will resolve it.

The Celebrity website is not just confusing, the .co.uk site and the .com site differs. Celebrity - Perhaps you can rename the UK site as Lite because you leave out a lot of information that is on the .com site.

Dare I say anything about select dining options and info regarding that?

: It's supposed to show you which quadrant the stateroom is in, but it doesn't. If you pick an odd numbered stateroom, you get the even numbered quadrant. It's been pointed out numerous times, but they never fix it.

Hi Cruisestitch !

This glitch has been around for about a year - maybe more. I've reported it to Celebrity several times, so they have to be aware of it. It's wide-spread and mostly on the M-Class ships, though it occasionally happens with the S-Class too. Hopefully, their web team will resolve it.

Hi Andy:

"Never let the left hand know what the right hand is doing"

It's X dogma.

So what would be nice is if some of the upper management would actually post here and interact with us masses.

On the Oceania board the CEO posts there occasionally and I feel it's adds to the board there considerably. At least you know they are listening.

Show all cabins available in a category, not just 3.

YES YES YES.

Let ME determine which cabin in a category I want; don't cram the terrible ones down my throat....

If you are looking for a SPECIFIC cabin, all you need to do is type in the cabin # in the box provided and it will show whether or not it is available. I don't think anyone is "cramming the terrible ones" down anyone's throat. You still certainly have a choice. People normally do some research before selecting a cabin and have a pretty good idea of where they want to be. It's quite an easy task to just input those cabin #'s to see if they're available.

There are also other sites on the www which will show you ALL available cabins on any given cruise.

Unfortunately, I don't see Celebrity changing anything in the forseeable future.

Perhaps unhappy people could write directly to MR Dan Hanrahan, the CEO at the Miami office. I'm sure if he was bombarded with enough letters, he would instruct changes. Yes Mr D J Hanrahan. If anyone has his e-mail addy that would be better, but it will take a little while to figure it out.

Probably Dan.Hanrahan@rccl.com or something similar. Must be a combination of first initial or name and last name, maybe a dot in there somewhere @rccl.com

The fact that other sites will show all available cabins when Celebrity's own site only shows three at a time only makes it worse!

You mean other Cruise Lines web sites or other sites where cruises can be booked. In other words are say for example NCL or Princess or RCCL showing all the cabins that are available or is what X is doing the industry norm?

Lots of good ideas have been posted! I'd like to add:

Allow to enter multiple states for resident discounts. (Cruising w friends from other states, so we want to check all that apply to us)

Easier dinner reservations. Currently you must do each evening individually. Would be nice to do all, have it show you which of those are avail, then allow you to accept/decline/change.

See all the cabin categories/prices at once.

Don't cancel all of the onboard reservations when changing a reservation (this is not about switching cabin number and/or category). We just switched three in one cabin to two cabins. The 3rd person in our room was "cancelled", then re-booked into a single. All the dinner reservations for that passenger were lost. We are now have to go to Murano when we board to get it figured out... (Already spoke w Reservations, Captain's Club, and Specialty Dining...)

Good thread - thanks for starting this one!

Sara

Show us which nights are scheduled to be Formal nights, and which nights are casual. This should be done for each ship and would facilitate our planning of our specialty restaurants and meal times for each evening.

Post, on your website, the current menus for each of your ships. I realize things can change at a moments notice, but make an effort to keep the menus as current as possible.

my issue with the website was when I was logged into my Celebrity account that when I tried to go and purchase something like a restaurant reservation or gift then it would prompt me to login to my account again. When I did try to login again then an error would come up saying "the reservation is already being accessed" HUH?????????? that is a glitch that needs to be fixed

I agree totally! Celebrity's programming team should be forced to book cruises (paid out of their own pockets at full price), update their cruise info, and buy additional products on this abomination of a online system.

Or take the team out and make them walk the plank! ;)

And I definitely agree with a previous poster who said that being shown only three choices in your category isn't enough. It should be able to show ALL the available staterooms in that booking category.

Hi Cruisestitch !

Hey I just got my luggage tags and found the the problem extends to the tags as well... so weird!

Archived