Does anybody else feel this way?

igo2travel

I wish there was a separate board or area for picture posting. I want to read the reviews, but I don't want to see people's pictures. I just want to experience everything for the first time myself. It's funny when I'm reading a review and come across a picture. I try to look away but of course have to keep one eye on my scrolling so I don't miss the words. Thoughts on that idea of a picture posting area?

pictures always make things better :)

I agree, I just wish that everyone would learn (or we would teach each other) how to properly size the pics so they don't take up the whole screen. Sometimes they are so big they don't fit on my screen.

I wish there was a separate board or area for picture posting. I want to read the reviews, but I don't want to see people's pictures. I just want to experience everything for the first time myself. It's funny when I'm reading a review and come across a picture. I try to look away but of course have to keep one eye on my scrolling so I don't miss the words. Thoughts on that idea of a picture posting area?

There is a board for that here.. http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/

I much prefer the reviews with the pictures... sorry;) I think it makes the review that much more interesting.. JM2Cents :)

If you like your reviews without pictures, you could always check out the member reviews on the CC Cruise Reviews page.:) No pictures there!

Personally, I like the pictures. They help me get a feel for the ship and excursions. Then, after I cruise, they let me re-live it!

I would like a site on here with pictures of each indiviual ship. I know I can go to the ship site but I would like peoples snap shots (are they called that anymore) not professional shots. In other words - John posts a bunch of photos he has of the Freedom, same with Jane, Sam, Cindy etc. I would love to be able to see cabin photos, candid shots and such. We are going on a back to back on the Freedom and would love to see more of it but from a cruisers perspective. I agree that people should thumbnail picture in reviews and if I want to view them, just click on. I also think that reviews should be in the review section rather than on this forum. I can, with a click, go over there and pull up reviews as I want them.

If you like your reviews without pictures, you could always check out the member reviews on the CC Cruise Reviews page.:) No pictures there!

Personally, I like the pictures. They help me get a feel for the ship and excursions. Then, after I cruise, they let me re-live it!

Ms Jeanie OMG.. there you are please email me at username @ gmail.com

Sorry for the hijack folks;)

I would like a site on here with pictures of each indiviual ship. I know I can go to the ship site but I would like peoples snap shots (are they called that anymore) not professional shots. In other words - John posts a bunch of photos he has of the Freedom, same with Jane, Sam, Cindy etc. I would love to be able to see cabin photos, candid shots and such. We are going on a back to back on the Freedom and would love to see more of it but from a cruisers perspective. I agree that people should thumbnail picture in reviews and if I want to view them, just click on. I also think that reviews should be in the review section rather than on this forum. I can, with a click, go over there and pull up reviews as I want them.

Webshots.. and all those other web hosting sites have umpteen photos of the ships all together in an album to view at your pleasure;)

BTW the Freedom is a nice ship sailed her a few years back :) Enjoy the B2B!!!

Yes, that is an excellent idea!

Ya' know... last year on our September cruise with the Crazies my camera went missing and never found it's way home. That was the most difficult review I've ever written. Had it not been for many of my friends adding pictures I don't think I could have gotten it done.

Pictures do so much to enhance my meager ability to describe a scene or a moment that a review without them is like an empty shell. I'll always have pictures in my review... and keep my camera in my hand...

;)

I vote for the pictures too!!!

DH says if I look at too many pictures it won't be fun exploring a new ship. I say no.

I like to see and read. I believe that way I won't miss anything.

Photos don't always do something justice either. There really is nothing else like "being there" but it is nice to sort of get a heads up on things on board, excursions, etc.

Webshots.. and all those other web hosting sites have umpteen photos of the ships all together in an album to view at your pleasure;)

BTW the Freedom is a nice ship sailed her a few years back :) Enjoy the B2B!!!

Thanks - by the way, I am computer and techologically challenged, how do I access these sites. In particular, photos of the Freedom or similar ship or is there any such site. Appreciate your time.

Thanks - by the way, I am computer and techologically challenged, how do I access these sites. In particular, photos of the Freedom or similar ship or is there any such site. Appreciate your time.

You just goto google and type in webshots.. or photobucket.. then once you get to those sites you type in the search Carnival Freedom.. you should be able to browse thru thousands of photos;)

To me, the best part of the review are the pictures. I want to know exactly what the ship looks like and, if it is one I am going to sail, then I really want to see all of it. The pictures make the review. We are going on the Magic next year and I am looking at all the pictures I can of the Dream, since she is the sister ship. When I board that ship, I want to be able to know all about it.

You just goto google and type in webshots.. or photobucket.. then once you get to those sites you type in the search Carnival Freedom.. you should be able to browse thru thousands of photos;)

Thanks again - I owe you one.

I love the pictures. I believe that they definitely enhance the reviews.

My opinion is that the comments and questions tend to interrupt the reviews and it would be better if posters would refrain from the questions and comments until the review is finished.

But, see we all have different viewpoints and it's not a problem.:)

Archived