Semi Casual nights attire for men

new brunswick cruiser

Just want to thank everyone for the great information on the various boards. There has been lot's of info regarding the formal nights, however I have not read much info on the semi casual. I am taking my first cruise on the Millie, June 8/05 to the Med. and was wondering if a tie is required. I realize a sports coat, but I thought I read you could wear a open shirt, or golf type shirt. Any info would be great.

110 days away!!!!

You will see everything from - suit - dress shirt/tie/sport coat - dress shirt alone - dress shirt/coat/no tie - coat/golf shirt - coat/turtleneck.

Wear something nice - avoid khaki's and golf shirt - you will fit in.

The dining room on the Mercury was very warm. Saw less of the suit coat/sport coat - as the trip progressed.

On our Century cruise last month, I wore a sports coat and a long-sleeved shirt without a tie. Only half the men had on a coat. About half the ones with coats wore ties. Half the men did not wear a sports coat. I might not have packed mine if I had known that they were going to have just one informal night on our 9-night cruise. We ended up with two formal nights and six casual ones.

In response to the original poster,

jacket but no tie required.

That's what you will see in the daily program on board the ship. Despite what everyone says you might see, most people, in my experience, play along. The ubiquitous navy blazer is appropriate (or any sportcoat) and can be dressed up with a tie if you wish, or over a polo shirt or other sporty shirt. And you'll look sharp. And that's nice.

(Oh, and they call it "informal" night - but they mean "semiformal.")

MaBell, no you went too far. It's semi nude and then it goes to all nude. There's an important distinction between the two. Semi-nude allows sequined thongs (for which I would need the jaws of life to remove).

To the OP, I think there's confusion because there's no semi casual. It's formal, informal/semi-formal, casual.

Hi Ma:)

Hi Darcie:D ....I think I recall you asking me about nude sun bathing on Constellation........(before my cruise in Dec)...:) ....I tried to reply but don't think you ever saw it........

I could never do that.......Everyone would run away....LOL they would be scared out of their own suits;)

Jacket and not ie. My dh will wear a nice pair of slacks, silk tee shirt and his blazer.

Hey one day I was on our balcony (we had a real private one and had to get rid of the white lines from my bathing suit as I was wearing a strapless evening gownl Decide to sunbathe topless on our balcony. Anyway DH comes into the room andf slams the dor shut, thought he was in the wrong room

Archived