Central Park Bal VRS Ocean Veiw Bal

Jdover

I would definitely switch. We had a ocean view balcony on Deck 8, the Central Park level, and we LOVED it.

Think about this. If you choose the Central Park view, every day your view consists of people eating meals at the cafe and people meandering through Central Park. The whole park is rather quiet at night, so I can imagine it would feel as though you were actually in NYC to sit there in the calm of the evening. That being said, you really have NO privacy. After a day or two of that lovely view, I would imagine that most would really long for the view of the sea.

I actually debated this, and ended up choosing the ocean view. I wasn't sorry. Being able to hear the ocean and see the constantly changing view really allowed me to enjoy the cruise. If you really want to, you can always head over to Central Park anytime of day and enjoy it. It's so pretty and is especially serene in the evenings. If you happen to experience a rainshower, do yourself a favor and walk thru the park. It's so enjoyable.

Whatever you choose, you will have a WONDERFUL time!!!

ENJOY! ~Margie

Would you switch from a Central Park Balcony to a guarantee Oceanview Balcony?

Yes I'd switch.

We had a CP balcony on Oasis. For us it's one and done with that catagory. So much of Oasis class is built around what's in the ship that you can forget you sailing on the ocean. You views of the ocean are limited to being on the top two decks or down in the Boardwalk neighborhood. From now on, we want to see out to the ocean when we're in the cabin. We get enough of the ship the rest of the time.

If you are still trying to decide, I'd echo the "yes" 's. We had an oceanview balcony and it was fabulous. Not only can you see and hear the ocean anytime you want, but you have your own private place when you are pulling into port. If you are going Eastern, the sail into Nassau at 5 am is magnificent. St. Thomas, too. St. Maarten too. Bwahaha!

One of my few complaints about Oasis was the lack of windows and not being able to "see the ocean" from inside the ship. While Central Park is lovely, you are inside and it's like being at the mall or an Embassy Suites lobby (sorry - it's how I feel). We enjoyed our oceanview balcony and would never book a Promenade room or an "inside" balcony. It's just not quite the balcony experience we're looking for.

Have fun. :)

One of my few complaints about Oasis was the lack of windows and not being able to "see the ocean" from inside the ship. While Central Park is lovely, you are inside and it's like being at the mall or an Embassy Suites lobby (sorry - it's how I feel). We enjoyed our oceanview balcony and would never book a Promenade room or an "inside" balcony. It's just not quite the balcony experience we're looking for.

Have fun. :)

I thought the same thoughts while sitting in central park eating breakfast. I also never saw people sitting out in those balconies. This really feels more like a hotel lobby than a park or a cruise ship.

Although, I enjoy looking out into the ocean, I also like watching people. It's a toss-up.

Most days I just went up to deck 11 that looks over the broadwalk aquatheater. This is a huge deck with loungers and chairs. Nobody was there most days. One or two people would walk in and leave after a few minutes. You get a view of the people, as well as the ocean. I loved that ocean view more than one from the balcony.

Archived