Seaside Theater vs. MUTS on Princess

jillmom2

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess with MUTS and we loved it..a very relaxing evening rather than doing evening shows that we weren't in to..now we will be sailing on the Carnival Glory which has just added the theater (we were on Glory in April 09 when it did not have it and I really missed it)..My question is does Carnival cover the loungers with the nice covers and provide blankets like on Princess?..also Princess beamed up one of the evening shows and it was nicer watching it outside on a pleasant evening rather than being in a stuffy theater..has carnival ever done this as well....I will be happy just to have the option to kick back and watch a movie..but the little extra touches are nice and I was just wondering...

I think Princess had better things on their screen during the day. Carnival tends to do advertising or CNN.

Popcorn on Carnival isnt free like on Princess.

Iv never been offered a blanket. I sat out on wet lounge chairs the last movie I saw ..no nothing. It had rained earlier and all the chairs were wet, but I wanted to see Avatar.

If Princess is a 10, Carnival was a 7.

The problem with Carnival's version of MUTS is that you can't avoid it and they show the obnoxious AM/PM CD shows (at least they did on our last Carnival cruise in 2008). On Princess, the pool areas are separated and the MUTS doesn't impact those in the pool areas around the four other pools.

From what I understand, Carnival doesn't charge for popcorn to make money. They do so to prevent people from just taking too much and being careless with it. Since there are more kids on Carnival, that may lead to less of a mess. The blankets are a nice touch on Princess. I bring a nice hooded sweatshirt and a towel with me when I go to the Carnival seaside theater and I'm good. But I would agree that the Princess MUTS version experience is a bit better. For me, it all comes down to what movies they're showing.

Archived