Hawaii/Tahiti 28 days Sapphire Cat. Mini AB Guarantee?

grammy c

How bad could this be to all who have sailed her? We have done CB and Emerald, and prefer any aft cabin of the Bal. or mini range. As of today have decided to book this cruise and looks as though C718 might be still there or then the next option would be to go with mini AB guarantee, hoping that would be atleast mid to aft ship on atleast dolphin, as I'm sure emerald and caribe are already gone. Am I looking at this correctly? Also, do you guys think this ship will sell out before our next princess cruise comming 11/21/10? Not a regular princess goer, but will become plat. after next cruise. Doesnt Princess do the future booking onboard thing as CCL does? Any other tips to try and save the bank? Thanks All, I know I've waited almost too late but other pressing things going on of late, but now KNOW I WANT THIS CRUISE!!! :D Thanks Diane

As of late last night Princess website showed that all mini-suites are waitlisted. We booked a mini suite for this cruise some time ago, and now my sister is wanting to go and prefers a mini suite, so we just keep checking with Princess and watching the website. Not sure we will have much luck. There are balcony cabins availabe, so that might be our best bet at this time. As always these types of cruises always seem to book up very early. Round trip to LA - no long flights!! Good luck to you.

With this cruise I would guess that around final payment time, there will be lots of different minis opening up. With FCC's being used for booking, many will hold this cruise and then decide to cancel at a later date. When it first opened up, all of the best staterooms disappeared within hours/days, so they were grabbed up quickly.

I would continue to check back on the inventory that shows, and especially just before final payment date, and I am sure other mini suites/balcony cabins will open back up. Good Luck!

Since you know you want to go and want a specific location, you may want to book a cabin you like now, and then upgrade to a mini if one becomes available that you'd like. I don't think being Platinum will make a difference with the booking, although platinum does carry some benefits with Princess cruise insurance. If you're getting the insurance thru Princess, ask if your platinum status makes a difference as far as insurance is concerned, at time of booking or time of sailing. It may be that you don't need to wait.

Since you know you want to go and want a specific location, you may want to book a cabin you like now, and then upgrade to a mini if one becomes available that you'd like. I don't think being Platinum will make a difference with the booking, although platinum does carry some benefits with Princess cruise insurance. If you're getting the insurance thru Princess, ask if your platinum status makes a difference as far as insurance is concerned, at time of booking or time of sailing. It may be that you don't need to wait.

Booking onboard another Princess cruise, or purchasing a future booking to be assigned later, will give the OP a reduced deposit and shipboard credit assigned by the cruise line, on top of whatever their TA offers for this cruise. So, I totally understand why they are wanting to wait to book. ;)

Reaching platinum in the captain's circle before booking will also give the OP the upgraded insurance coverage at the lower standard rate, which is also a reason for waiting.

Thanks to all for the info. I guess I just assumed that if the web site I normally use is showing mini cat. AB guarantee that it was avail. not thinking waitlist. I suppose the prudent thing to do is book something acceptable on Tues. and then keep checking back, which is how I usually do it. Have decided not to wait till after our next cruise, as it looks like these once a yr. cruises always sell out. And yes I'll be on with you guys in some sort of cabin. We love princess, but end up on way too many CCL ones out of our home port. You all seem to have the RIGHT STUFF everytime I check the boards, I'm sure I'll keep asking and reading! :D

Thanks to all for the info. I guess I just assumed that if the web site I normally use is showing mini cat. AB guarantee that it was avail. not thinking waitlist. I suppose the prudent thing to do is book something acceptable on Tues. and then keep checking back, which is how I usually do it. Have decided not to wait till after our next cruise, as it looks like these once a yr. cruises always sell out. And yes I'll be on with you guys in some sort of cabin. We love princess, but end up on way too many CCL ones out of our home port. You all seem to have the RIGHT STUFF everytime I check the boards, I'm sure I'll keep asking and reading! :D

If they are still showing an AB guarantee available, then that means you can book an AB guarantee and you will be guaranteed and AB OR above. If that is what you are looking for, I would grab up that booking of AB guarantee and then see what you end up being assigned. If the category is waitlisted, it will actually say 'waitlist only'. Waitlisted is totally different then booking a stateroom that shows guarantee. Good Luck!

Edited: I just checked the princess website, and there are no guarantee mini suites in any category being sold right now, they are all waitlist only. Sorry! :(

It is possible TA's with group space may still have some minisuites (guarantee).

If you want this, I would book it ASAP.

You are correct Coral, it does seem some online TA's have blocks of staterooms still held. I just checked one that I often look at to compare pricing, and although Princess shows waitlist only, this particular site shows AC minis (by cabin number) that are available, and AB minis are still being sold as a guarantee. ;)

Archived