I'm still confused about the new polciy regarding price drops

DonnaK

If I book a cruise now for next summer, and the price goes down between now and final payment, I can still call and have the price adjusted, right? And if a higher category cabin is reduced, I can still move up, and have the price adjusted accordingly, right?

I understand that specials that are for new bookings only are excluded, but are they labeling all fares that way now, so to eliminate price adjustments before final payment?

Or, does the new policy only come into play after final payment?

Can someone, preferably with personal experience, clarify this for me? I am afraid to reserve a cruise now because the prices for next summer are so high, and I imagine they will come down a bit sometime before final payment.

Can't comment on the policy before final payment. However, after final payment you are given onboard credit. Recieved one just this morning on our up coming cruise. Dh turned 55 this year. $200.00:D. I was also able to change cabins and catagory for my SIL and husband and they recieved $60.00 obc.

Can't comment on the policy before final payment. However, after final payment you are given onboard credit. Recieved one just this morning on our up coming cruise. Dh turned 55 this year. $200.00:D. I was also able to change cabins and catagory for my SIL and husband and they recieved $60.00 obc.

Did you receive onboard credit due to a cruise booked prior to or after May 17? Acording to the new policy, no OBC is issued after final payment. Only an upgrade is possibe.

When did you originally book your cruise? Sounds like it was before Royal made the changes in May? (Sorry, I can't remember the date!)

This was obviously booked before 5-17-10 or you wouldn't have got the OBC (unless somebody made a "mistake" and gave it to you)

So up until final payment.....you're free game to do whatever you like...and do know this.....it would be very rare to see a special come up "for new bookings only" if that sailing wasn't into penalty phase already.....another words if you're sailing in say Jan 2011, it would be very rare to see a special.... " for new bookings only " come up like say next week.....there would be no reason for them to do that since people can cancel or whatever they want to do.....it in the last month or 2 before it sails that they're looking for "new cruisers"

Hope that helps

If I book a cruise now for next summer, and the price goes down between now and final payment, I can still call and have the price adjusted, right? And if a higher category cabin is reduced, I can still move up, and have the price adjusted accordingly, right?

No personal experience yet since I booked prior to the new policy but to my understanding you are correct. I believe RCCL prefers to give you OBC if there is a drop but you do have the option to have the fare reduced as well.

I understand that specials that are for new bookings only are excluded, but are they labeling all fares that way now, so to eliminate price adjustments before final payment?

Or, does the new policy only come into play after final payment? The policy applies once a reservation is made. The 48 hr best price gaurantee comes into play prior to and after final payment based on when you book.

Can someone, preferably with personal experience, clarify this for me? I am afraid to reserve a cruise now because the prices for next summer are so high, and I imagine they will come down a bit sometime before final payment.

Or, does the new policy only come into play after final payment? The policy applies once a reservation is made. The 48 hr best price gaurantee comes into play prior to and after final payment based on when you book.

This is the part that confuses me. So, are you saying that I cannot get a price adjustment after 48 hours of making the reservation even if I am well in advance of final payment?

Or, does the new policy only come into play after final payment?

I'm looking a EoS for 8/4 and I'm having the same problem.

This is the part that confuses me. So, are you saying that I cannot get a price adjustment after 48 hours of making the reservation even if I am well in advance of final payment?

That part only applies to reservations made after the final payment date has already passed. Before final payment date you can get price adjustments. If you book after final payment date you have a 48 hr window where if the price drops you can get the difference plus 10%. That is RCI's big price protection guarantee. :rolleyes:

No, if you are BEFORE final payment you can get the adjustment. IF you make the reservation within the penalty time (after final payment would be due) then the 48 hour rule kicks in.

That part only applies to reservations made after the final payment date has already passed. Before final payment date you can get price adjustments. If you book after final payment date you have a 48 hr window where if the price drops you can get the difference plus 10%. That is RCI's big price protection guarantee.

No, if you are BEFORE final payment you can get the adjustment. IF you make the reservation within the penalty time (after final payment would be due) then the 48 hour rule kicks in.

Thank you Sue and Ocean Boy. This is what makes the most sense.

I'm still concerned because another poster wrote "The policy applies once a reservation is made. The 48 hr best price gaurantee comes into play prior to and after final payment based on when you book."

This seeks to contradict what everyone else is saying about being able to get the adjustment between the time the reservation is made and final payment

Thank you Sue and Ocean Boy. This is what makes the most sense.

I'm still concerned because another poster wrote "The policy applies once a reservation is made. The 48 hr best price gaurantee comes into play prior to and after final payment based on when you book."

This seeks to contradict what everyone else is saying about being able to get the adjustment between the time the reservation is made and final payment

Your red quote is correct. Anything else stated is wrong including the info provided by the travel agent.

When you reserve with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower rate advertised by Royal Caribbean within 48 hours from the time the reservation is made, we will honor that lower eligible rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to 110% of the price difference. For reservations outside of final payment period, the onboard credit may be replaced, upon request, with a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund. An eligible, fare must be:

a) available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current reservation;

b) available at the time the request for the lower rate is made; and

c) a rate that the current reservation would be eligible to receive, if any special restrictions apply.

The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will be available for most rate types with the exception of the Royal Sales Events and Exciting Deals; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs; and a select number of price programs and promotions; for new reservations only; or as specified in the price program detail. The subsequent lower rate will be subject to the prevailing taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement, if applicable.

Info comes straight from RCCL.

The 48 hour rule kicks in with the reservation made. The difference between before and after final payment is that if the reservation is made before final payment you have choices (OBC, refund, adjustement). After final payment you get only OBC. But the 48 hour rule is applicable for reservations before and after final payment.

Your red quote is correct. Anything else stated is wrong including the info provided by the travel agent.

Sorry you won't get any of the drops you are entitled to, believe what you want!

Think about it. If it is before final payment and RCI did not allow for a price drop you could simply cancel your reservation and rebook at the lower price. Do you think RCI wants to go through all the extra work of cancelling and rebooking reservations? The part of the price protection policy that you are quoting applies to reservations made after the final payment date but you are welcome to believe otherwise.

Think about it. If it is before final payment and RCI did not allow for a price drop you could simply cancel your reservation and rebook at the lower price. Do you think RCI wants to go through all the extra work of cancelling and rebooking reservations? The part of the price protection policy that you are quoting applies to reservations made after the final payment date but you are welcome to believe otherwise.

Honestly. Anybody can interpret what they want. I just posted the rules. The rules are clearly written down. And I am sure that Royal can flag reservations just as they did before with the specials for new bookings only where you also were prohibited from canceling and re-booking.

The rules as stated are clear. And I think that was the question in this thread. What everybody thinks is really secondary.

In the stated policy there is no written exclusion of the time prior to the final payment date. The time before final payment date is listed in the same paragraph with just different ways of applying such credit.

If the 48-hour rule would be any different before final payment it most likely would be stated in the Best Price Guarantee policy in form of "Before final payment you can get the lower prices at any time" or "the 48 hour rule does not apply outside final payment" or something to that extend.

I also believe that the intro to the very last paragraph is all telling:

The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made.

No exclusions when and how the reservation has to be made.

But there is now a "fee" for cancelled bookings isn't there? :confused: Or is that another rumor of things to come?? :confused::confused:

Honestly. Anybody can interpret what they want. I just posted the rules. The rules are clearly written down. And I am sure that Royal can flag reservations just as they did before with the specials for new bookings only where you also were prohibited from canceling and re-booking.

The rules as stated are clear. And I think that was the question in this thread. What everybody thinks is really secondary.

In the stated policy there is no written exclusion of the time prior to the final payment date. The time before final payment date is listed in the same paragraph with just different ways of applying such credit.

If the 48-hour rule would be any different before final payment it most likely would be stated in the Best Price Guarantee policy in form of "Before final payment you can get the lower prices at any time" or "the 48 hour rule does not apply outside final payment" or something to that extend.

I also believe that the intro to the very last paragraph is all telling:

No exclusions when and how the reservation has to be made.

Again believe what you want, I have tested it several times already and got the reductions without an issue. Sorry you won't be taking advantage if it happens to you.

Again believe what you want, I have tested it several times already and got the reductions without an issue. Sorry you won't be taking advantage if it happens to you.

Sure you did!

And I could really care less if you or if you not tested it (though there is no proof either way by you).

I stated the rules for the poster who asked for it. The rule is clear.

Sure you did!

And I could really care less if you or if you not tested it (though there is no proof either way by you).

I stated the rules for the poster who asked for it. The rule is clear.

Again believe what you want!

Archived