I'm still confused about the new polciy regarding price drops

DonnaK

Sure you did!

And I could really care less if you or if you not tested it (though there is no proof either way by you).

I stated the rules for the poster who asked for it. The rule is clear.

Here is a link to The cruise Critic article questioning the "clearly written" rules you seem to mention.

Honestly. Anybody can interpret what they want. I just posted the rules.

You are posting the 110% Guarantee. The 110% guarantee gives 110% after 48 hours of booking

We are talking about price drops/adjustments up until final payment. This is something that we put into practice, not just "post the rules". SueL has experience with it.

Look around the board. You'll see "price drop" discussions everyday. Someone just mentioned one about a JS cabin on Oasis. Why are you jumping all over SueL and claiming that she isn't telling the truth? The whole board is full of price drop threads. Is everyone lying?

I think you just don't understand the price drop program and now you are trying to explain it to someone else. Why? :confused:

OK...I just read that article. Now I think I understand. Within 48 hours of making a reservation, vefore or after final payment, if the price drops, you get 110% back.

Otherwise, if you are outside of final payment, you can get regular price adjustments, as always.

Do I have it right now?

OK...I just read that article. Now I think I understand. Within 48 hours of making a reservation, vefore or after final payment, if the price drops, you get 110% back.

Otherwise, if you are outside of final payment, you can get regular price adjustments, as always.

Do I have it right now?

DING...Ding...ding ...we have a winner!!!

I cannot beleive how this thread has got out of hand.....The OP is concerned about what happens between now and final payment (one thing they're worried about).....It is very simple if the rate drops:

-They lower the cost of your cruise

-You get an upgrade

-you get OBC (if by some odd reason you want that instead of a lower rate)

- or you can cancel without penalty

what is so hard about this??????

Do I have it right now?

Good! Now you get a gold star! :D

Oh and you only get a price drop if its not one of the "New Booking Only" sales that they have going on. So be on the look out for things like residency rates and senior rates (if you qualify)

Do I have it right now?

Yes this is correct from the email and explanation I received from RCCL. I have to admit it was confusing to me at first but it clearly makes sense now.

Please ask! that was not nice of me I apologize to the thread!!! I shouldn't have taken my frustrations with a certain poster out on the thread!

I didn't take it personally.

I think I found the answer. And I know it would have definitely confused the heck out of this thread.

I cannot beleive how this thread has got out of hand.....The OP is concerned about what happens between now and final payment (one thing they're worried about).....It is very simple if the rate drops:

-They lower the cost of your cruise

-You get an upgrade

-you get OBC (if by some odd reason you want that instead of a lower rate)

- or you can cancel without penalty

what is so hard about this??????

You are correct in stating this but they asked about price drops before final payment and that includes the 110% best price guarantee. It is quite confusing to many and it's been posted on the forum so many times. If you neglect the 110% price gaurantee then it's very simple but adding that "extra bonus" makes the policy chaotic.

Thank you Sue and Ocean Boy. This is what makes the most sense.

I'm still concerned because another poster wrote "The policy applies once a reservation is made. The 48 hr best price gaurantee comes into play prior to and after final payment based on when you book."

This seeks to contradict what everyone else is saying about being able to get the adjustment between the time the reservation is made and final payment

Hopefully, this has been clarified for you by the other posts...price adjustments can be made up to final payment in the form of OBC, reduced fare or upgrades. This was similar to the old policy prior to May 17 with the exclusion of price drops up to 72 hrs prior to sailing. The new addition to the new policy is if the price drops within 48 hrs of booking you are entitled to a "bonus" of 110% OBC for the amount of the difference.

The 110% price guarantee also comes into play within the penalty period (aka after final payment date) within 48 hrs of booking. After 48 hrs, no OBC or price reductions.

Can't comment on the policy before final payment. However, after final payment you are given onboard credit. Recieved one just this morning on our up coming cruise. Dh turned 55 this year. $200.00:D. I was also able to change cabins and catagory for my SIL and husband and they recieved $60.00 obc.

Congrats first on the onboard credit, that's wonderful! When I called RCI they did explain I have until my final payment to adjust or cancel, and then, after my final payment, I will have only another 48 hours to adjust the rate and get a credit, but after that 48 hours, they will do "nothing" for me. No credits, upgrades, nothing!

That's what I was told and I asked the rep twice so I understood clearly, but then again, I have called back on other matters and received different info.

I just hope and pray the prices drop befor our final payment (December 2010).

Congrats first on the onboard credit, that's wonderful! When I called RCI they did explain I have until my final payment to adjust or cancel, and then, after my final payment, I will have only another 48 hours to adjust the rate and get a credit, but after that 48 hours, they will do "nothing" for me. No credits, upgrades, nothing!

That's what I was told and I asked the rep twice so I understood clearly, but then again, I have called back on other matters and received different info.

I just hope and pray the prices drop befor our final payment (December 2010).

When did you purchase your cruise? If after May 17th then it is the new rules apply which is what everyone has been discussing. The one you quoted was for a cruise purchased BEFORE may 17th.

When did you purchase your cruise? If after May 17th then it is the new rules apply which is what everyone has been discussing. The one you quoted was for a cruise purchased BEFORE may 17th.

I only thought of the cruise less than 2 weeks ago, before that, I would have never imagined myself on one, so yes, we lucked out :mad:

Your red quote is correct. Anything else stated is wrong including the info provided by the travel agent.

Wrong, Sue is one of the most experienced TA's on the board. What she posted is absolutely correct.

You only are looking at one guideline of many.

Believe what you want to believe.

How many days before sailing is final payment? Thanks.

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

1-5 Day cruises 60+ days

6-9 Day cruises 75+ days

When calculating the days prior to sailing, the day of sailing should not be considered as one of the days. The day of sailing is considered the first day of the cruise, therefore, the penalty period will commence one day prior to the day of sailing.

Effective August 1, 2010, new reservations will fall under the following cancellation schedule:

1-5 Day cruises 60+ days

6-9 Day cruises 75+ days

When calculating the days prior to sailing, the day of sailing should not be considered as one of the days. The day of sailing is considered the first day of the cruise, therefore, the penalty period will commence one day prior to the day of sailing.

The penalty period commences one day prior to sailing????:confused::confused: I don't think so.

The penalty period commences one day prior to sailing????:confused::confused: I don't think so.

This was taken from RCCL's website so you may disagree with them and their lack of writing skills. I just copied what is written in their policy.

It appears they have conflicting information on the site as well since this info still exists as well.

Final payment of the balance must be received at Royal Caribbean's offices at least 60 days prior to the sailing date for 3, 4, or 5-night cruise vacations and 70 days prior to the sailing date for 7-night or longer cruise vacations. The payment schedule for groups is different from that of individuals. You will usually receive cruise and air documents no later than 28 days before the start of your cruise.

For all holiday sailings, (Christmas and New Year's), payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

Of course the new policy enacted on Aug. 1 contradicts the above statements.

Additional question for Sue or Michelle...I usually make my final payment 10 days or so prior to the due date. When they are referencing final payment do they mean the day it's due or when you actually make the payment? I'm wondering if I go ahead and make my payment and two days from now the price drops am I eligible or not?

Thanks ladies.

Archived