All Three Queens in New York - Jan 13/11

Gypsy025

I notice that all three Queens are scheduled into/out of New York on Jan 13,2011 - a passenger capacity of 6726 in and out.

Does anyone know whether the New York Brooklyn Cruise Terminal can physically handle all three vessels, or whether the Elizabeth and or Victoria will utilize the Manhattan Cruise Terminal?

I notice that all three Queens are scheduled into/out of New York on Jan 13,2011 - a passenger capacity of 6726 in and out.

Does anyone know whether the New York Brooklyn Cruise Terminal can physically handle all three vessels, or whether the Elizabeth and or Victoria will utilize the Manhattan Cruise Terminal?

The Brooklyn terminal can handle only one ship at a time, which in this instance will be the Mary. Elizabeth and Victoria will almost certainly both be berthed in Manhattan--unless Cunard decides to save docking fees by anchoring them in New York Harbor and tendering passengers to & fro!;)

The Brooklyn terminal can handle only one ship at a time, which in this instance will be the Mary. Elizabeth and Victoria will almost certainly both be berthed in Manhattan--unless Cunard decides to save docking fees by anchoring them in New York Harbor and tendering passengers to & fro!;)

Maybe they can raft QV and QE to QM2 at Brooklyn and save the wear and tear on the tenders - wear and tear on the fenders is another matter :D

The last time the three Queens were in NYC (the QE2, The QM2 and The QV) Mary was at the Brooklyn Cruise terminal, and the other two were at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. We on the QM2, waited below Battery Park (in bone numbing cold) for the other two to arrive. They were late due to QE2's tug requirements.

It would be nice to be in NYC on 13th January to see a meeting of the New Queens.

As a side note, I also went to Long Beach to see the meeting of the Queen Elizabeth and the QM2, and it was a remarkable thing.

Cheers Mike

The Brooklyn terminal can only handle 1 ship, and it will be the QM2. The other 2 will dock at the Manhattan piers.

last time i had to cancel on the qe2 and flew to new yk and gor a boat to see 3 queens leave any idea if they are doing it next year as planning to be in new york that day

dave

I guess we won't know until much closer to the date.

We were on a NY Water Taxi and it was great; after the fireworks ended and the ships started moving towards the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, our captain took off towards the bridge so we could see them off there. Apparently not all the Water Taxis did that.

I would do it again!

Below copied from http://www.cunard.com/About-Cunard-Line/News-Room/royalrendezvous/

New York Harbour

Save-the-Date for another history-making maritime event with The Most Famous Ocean Liners in the World when together they call on New York Harbour.

Exactly three years to the date - this will be the second time in Cunard's more than 170 year history that three regal Queens have called for a Royal Rendezvous in the same port since the first meeting of the Queens in 2008.

Festivities for the celebration are in planning and this web page will be updated with more detail throughout the year.

Viewing locations include:

Battery Park

On the southern shoreline of Manhattan, http://www.thebattery.org

Map link: http://www.bpcparks.org/bpcp/map/map.php

Robert F. Wagner, Jr. Park

Overlooking the Hudson River with great views of the Statue of Liberty

Just south of the Museum of Jewish Heritage

By subway: 4 or 5 to Bowling Green, or N or R to Whitehall

The Esplanade

Running the entire length of Battery Park City, along the Hudson River from Stuyvesant High School, on the north end all the way south to Battery Park

Hudson River Park

550-acre Park extending for five miles along the Manhattan shoreline from Battery Place to West 59th Street

SCHEDULE:

Each ship will arrive at a different time in the early morning (Times TBD).

Cunard Royal Rendezvous at the Statue of Liberty featuring a Grucci Fireworks Sail Away Spectacular (Departure Time TBD).

Each ship will arrive at a different time in the early morning (Times TBD).

This is a pity. I will always remember the entry to New York Harbor of QE2, QM2 and QV. QE2 led the parade, and then QM2 slipped in behind her.

It won't be the same without QE2, but it is academic for me as I will not be in NYC to view it.

This is a pity. I will always remember the entry to New York Harbor of QE2, QM2 and QV. QE2 led the parade, and then QM2 slipped in behind her.

It won't be the same without QE2, but it is academic for me as I will not be in NYC to view it.

William Dean, pull up a chair and watch on the webcam! :) Salacia

I was on QE2 for the tandem crossing with Queen Victoria in 2009.

The arrival in the morning was uneventful. QE2 led the way, followed by Queen Mary 2 (looming behind us!) and, last but not least, Queen Victoria.

The rendezvous near the Statue of Liberty was better. Unfortunately, I had disembarked and viewed it from the shoreline.

Interestingly, many in the crowd of onlookers commented about how the one ship was so beautiful and elegant... of course, it was QE2!

I will be there again this time, sailing in on Queen Mary 2.

On October 16th, 2008 we watched QM2 and QE2 depart New York from a World Ship Society sponsored cruise. We had magnificent views of both ships and it was a wonderful (but bittersweet) experience. If they sponsor another cruise for January I would suggest looking into going on it.

Thought Queen Elizabeth was at Hong Kong?

I think that the reference was to the Queen Mary, which is permanently moored in Long Beach. For those interested, here is some links to my photos of the Queen Mary taken on August 30 in beautiful Rainbow Harbor in Long Beach.

The Beautiful Queen Mary

RMS Queen Mary, Moored in Long Beach

Which One if Prettier?

Archived