If you are called by RCCL for an upgrade...

lunyma

So you don't find out until you get to the port?

It happened to us. We didn't even find out at the port. Our key didn't work in the D1 cabin we booked, so we went to customer service, and they acted like we had the wrong room. They gave us a different room number, and when we opened the door, we realized that we had been upgraded to a GS. This was on Adventure in 2003

What a nice surprise, Donna, but that was a looooong time ago! From what I've read, RCCL does call now and ask if you want the upgrade. Thanks, Gordon, for your info. I would DEFINITELY answer the phone if it said Royal Caribbean on the caller ID!

I received a call Friday. Caller ID showed Royal Caribbean. My heart was pumping. Oh boy, oh boy it's going to be the upgrade fairy. Needless to say I was bummed. They just wanted to wish me a great cruise. This call was one week before my cruise.

Have a great cruise.

LOL! I was hoping it wouldn't say *out of area*, since I usually don't answer those calls, but as of tomorrow, I'm 2 weeks out, so I am crossing my fingers.

may i assume you are diamond plus? if so, they call you. it says royal caribbean. it wouldn't hurt for you to call crown and anchor, at the prompt put in 9. that is the diamond plus desk. make sure they have your phone number and ask them if you're on the list.

What a nice surprise, Donna, but that was a looooong time ago! From what I've read, RCCL does call now and ask if you want the upgrade. Thanks, Gordon, for your info. I would DEFINITELY answer the phone if it said Royal Caribbean on the caller ID!
That was actually posted somewhere on Royal site for Diamond Plus and above. Wish I could quote the exact area but I won't be Diamond Plus until next month and I am sure there will be ALOT more people higher then I am on the totem pole on my March cruise. I book the cabin I want and if it happens it happens!

BonVoyage

Dawna

They don't usually call you..it just happens, or not!

Um, no. Not true at all. :cool:

Actually, go take a look at the recent roll calls of the sailings leaving within the next 21 days and you will see that there ARE calls and you will see what the Caller ID says.

They do call you. And they ASK you if you want the upgrade.

Pending on the type of upgrade and your C&A level, you may receive a message that says you have one hour to respond to the call to get the upgrade.

With others, they just call and if you don't answer, then they go on to the next person. When C&A calls, it says OUT OF AREA on the caller ID and they will call you directly, not your TA (if you booked through a TA)

With the recent Grandeur sailings, we sat back and watched the roll call weeks before us get numerous phone calls. So we knew when our week was up. And then on one Monday (21 days before sailing), the phone calls started coming in on our roll call.

Those that weren't home got messages. They had an hour to respond.

I noticed my recent Majesty upgrade in my My Cruises section of the Royal Caribbean site. My cabin number changed. No call, no message.

Can I ask a couple of questions? Did you book with a TA or with RCI directly? Did you book a GTY cabin?

If you booked with a TA, then they may call the TA instead of you (revenue will do this). If you booked with RCI and this was a GTY cabin -- then they can move you around without a phone call. But that's not the type of upgrade most of us think of when we think of the upgrade fairy.

If you booked directly with RCI and you chose the cabin and they took it away without calling you :eek: Yeah that would annoy me.

For instance, I chose an Corner AFT JS. There is an open mid ship GS on my sailing. If RCI took my Corner JS and stuck me in a mid ship GS without a phone call, I wouldn't be a happy camper and I wouldn't consider this an upgrade. ;)

I noticed my recent Majesty upgrade in my My Cruises section of the Royal Caribbean site. My cabin number changed. No call, no message.

Can I ask a couple of questions? Did you book with a TA or with RCI directly? Did you book a GTY cabin?

If you booked with a TA, then they may call the TA instead of you (revenue will do this). If you booked with RCI and this was a GTY cabin -- then they can move you around without a phone call. But that's not the type of upgrade most of us think of when we think of the upgrade fairy.

If you booked directly with RCI and you chose the cabin and they took it away without calling you :eek: Yeah that would annoy me.

For instance, I chose an Corner AFT JS. There is an open mid ship GS on my sailing. If RCI took my Corner JS and stuck me in a mid ship GS without a phone call, I wouldn't be a happy camper and I wouldn't consider this an upgrade. ;)

This was a specific cabin (no GTY) booked through a TA, who didn't call, email, or leave a message. My TA is really on the ball, so, I just assumed that she wasn't contacted, but, I am honestly not completely sure. As this is a 4-day sailing, I didn't expect a D+ or revenue upgrade. OS to JS

As to the aft JS, I am not sure, but, I think I would give up my aft JS (Grandeur) for a GS. But, you have me thinking. :confused:

Hummmmmm..............

Sorry for all of the abbreviations. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information. :)

So at 68 days to sailing, what would be a large number of open cabins??

In looking at our sailing for 11/14 of the Serenade, there are still 14 of the 35 JS open. I would think this is quite a few. Also 1 OS and 1 RS, and 36 balcony rooms still open.

Not diamond yet, so I'm not holding my breath, but would love to try a JS.

Archived