LIVE from the FREEDOM of the SEAS, Sailing 5 Sep 2010

Trainman-2

I am so sorry that all of you good folks there on shore in CC Land are starving.

You need to get out here with me! :D

We have sailed from Georgetown, Grand Cayman and are on our way to Cozumel, Mexico.

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0651.jpg

And a nice photo of the ships wake looking straight down from my balcony...

DSCN0656.jpg

the last photo sure captured the "blue" water, nice photo

I am so sorry that all of you good folks there on shore in CC Land are starving.

You need to get out here with me! :D

We have sailed from Georgetown, Grand Cayman and are on our way to Cozumel, Mexico.

DSCN0656.jpg

Ohhh I love this Jim ! I can't wait for more ! ;)

Radio

;);)

Jim, I am so enjoying your Live from The Freedom thread. Although, as much as I usually enjoy seeing your food photos...I'm trying not to look this time. Trying to drop a few lbs prior to my Halloween Cruise on the .....EEEEEK....Carnival Dream! Your reviews just may encourage me to try RCCL again. Enjoy your cruise as much as your can. Your next cruise will be much easier and more enjoyable. Take care and God Bless.

Claudette

You will love the Dream! The food is fantastic! No WOW factor such as FOS but still fun!!!

Now more from Trainman!!!:p

Thank you. I don't know what else to say, I'm sitting here at work with tears streaming down my face because this thread is so touching. I admire your strength. I know you don't know me, and I only 'found' you today through another thread, but I feel blessed to have been touched by your words. I hope someone honors me someday like you did Carol.

It made me laugh to hear of your new 'walking route'...my father would be sitting right there with you admiring the scenery. His favorite thing to do in fact is tell us women to get lost and he'll sit and enjoy the 'lookers'.

After reading this, I will always have an open seat at my table for anyone who would like to join us.

I hope the rest of your trip keeps getting better and I look forward to reading so much more. I am also going to try and find some older threads of yours so I can get to know you more.

God Bless, my thoughts are with you....:)

My Best and Most Enjoyable Evening in the MDR So Far!

I was at a table for 6 with two other couples, a bit younger than me and not yet retired but just fantastic dinner partners. Stimulating conversation!

I realized, when they caught me, that I am still using "we" all of the time instead of "I" and they asked me where my Wife was so I told them the whole story. It was good therapy for me. When I was done we raised our glasses and toasted Carol.

Tonight in the MDR it was "Lobster Night" called a Seafood Platter.

I know that lots of folks morn the loss of the full size lobsters but the Lobster Tails we had with Garlic Shrimp were very good. 3 of the 5 of us had a second plate. I had Cherries Jubilee for Desert and it was Excellent.

After dinner I went up to Deck 14 to hang out with the Smokers and Drinkers for awhile.

Jim--I also just "found" you today, but your wonderful tribute to Carol has moved me deeply.

Usually I cruise with DH, but in 2006, my sister and I accompanied our brother for a 7-day western on FOS. Gary was injured in an auto accident in 1994, and was paralyzed on the left side, which meant he was only able to get around in a wheelchair. After having cruised on RCI, I knew that their larger ships are very accessible, so the 3 of us decided to take a "sibling adventure".

The ship and her staff were so wonderful, and Gary enjoyed his first real vacation in many years. He rented a scooter from Care Vacations, and it made getting around so much easier than using his manual chair.

I lost my brother last month, and my sister and I have talked about going on the FOS to celebrate his memory and to release his ashes at sea--your moving story has given me the confidence to do this. Thank you for sharing this chapter in your life with all of us.

Barb

Today was a good day for me. I got over the disappointment of the Ice Cream Shop being closed and probably saved hundred dollars because the Military Shop was closed too.

I spent this afternoon in the Solarium reading and relaxing.

Today is Day 5 and I have met and made friends with so many people that where ever I go I run into a new friend. :) :) :)

Here is tonight's towel animal...

DSCN0660.jpg

My Best and Most Enjoyable Evening in the MDR So Far!

I was at a table for 6 with two other couples, a bit younger than me and not yet retired but just fantastic dinner partners. Stimulating conversation!

I realized, when they caught me, that I am still using "we" all of the time instead of "I" and they asked me where my Wife was so I told them the whole story. It was good therapy for me. When I was done we raised our glasses and toasted Carol.

Tonight in the MDR it was "Lobster Night" called a Seafood Platter.

I know that lots of folks morn the loss of the full size lobsters but the Lobster Tails we had with Garlic Shrimp were very good. 3 of the 5 of us had a second plate. I had Cherries Jubilee for Desert and it was Excellent.

After dinner I went up to Deck 14 to hang out with the Smokers and Drinkers for awhile.

Sounds like a great dinner time!! So are you staying at that table or being the roving diner tomorrow??

Jim--I also just "found" you today, but your wonderful tribute to Carol has moved me deeply.

Usually I cruise with DH, but in 2006, my sister and I accompanied our brother for a 7-day western on FOS. Gary was injured in an auto accident in 1994, and was paralyzed on the left side, which meant he was only able to get around in a wheelchair. After having cruised on RCI, I knew that their larger ships are very accessible, so the 3 of us decided to take a "sibling adventure".

The ship and her staff were so wonderful, and Gary enjoyed his first real vacation in many years. He rented a scooter from Care Vacations, and it made getting around so much easier than using his manual chair.

I lost my brother last month, and my sister and I have talked about going on the FOS to celebrate his memory and to release his ashes at sea--your moving story has given me the confidence to do this. Thank you for sharing this chapter in your life with all of us.

Barb

Barb, Sorry for your loss, I pray that your ashes at sea ceremony turns out as well as Jim's did for Carol.

Jim.....here-here to a wonderful dinner and friends you made this evening.

Mmmmmmm, cherries jubilee are my favorite!!! :)

Jim, so sorry to hear about Carol. We so enjoyed cruising with you and then coming home and reading about it. Carol was special and you were the best husband for her. So glad that RCCL was helpful with sending Carol off. She will be missed. Glad you are still cruising and letting us come along with you. Carol would want you to carry on and enjoy your days!

I will be going on a short cruise tomorrow, but I will be giving a toast to you and Carol tomorrow first thing I get on board!!!! This is such a touching and wonderful thread that is honest and true!!! Jim, I am so proud of how you are doing!!!! Keep up the fabulous work and I look forward to reading more when I get back!

Trainman-2:

Even though I have never met you and your wife Carol I am honored to have taken this journey with you on the Freedom OTS.

You opened your heart and let us experience some of the feelings you did along the way through your postings and pictures.

Thank you for this gift.

God bless you.

barb in ga:

Sorry for the loss of your brother and thankful he got to cruise with you.

I am sure Jim has been an inspiration for you.

Laura

I lost my brother last month, and my sister and I have talked about going on the FOS to celebrate his memory and to release his ashes at sea--your moving story has given me the confidence to do this.

Barb,

My sympathy for the loss of your brother.

I am really glad that I looked into scattering Carol's ashes at see and that the people from Guest Relations here on the ship were so understanding and helpful. They went out of their way to make the moment special for me.

It is worth taking the time to set it up and do it from a ship.

Friday, Day 6, September 10,2010

Cozumel, Mexico

Good morning everyone,

The ship is scheduled to arrive in Cozumel at 10:00 am and all passengers are due back on board at 6:30 pm.

I am planning to go ashore and do some looking around and shopping this morning.

I remembered last night that I set up a section on Photo-Bucket "In Memory of Carol" where I have been posting up photos of Carol that I am still finding and are special for me. Here is the link if you would like to see them.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/Trainman-2/In%20Memory%20of%20Carol/?start=all