Are the shows worth early seating in the MDR??

deanswife1990

On our previous cruise we had late dining and we really enjoyed it. The only problem was we only got to see parts of some of the shows. So for this cruise we chose early seating and I'm beginning to second guess myself. I don't want to have to rush to get ready every evening. Are the shows worth the what might be an inconveniece of early seating?

The shows are offered twice in most cases, once for early dining and once for late dining. We typically choose late dining, and we've never had an issue making it to a show. Now, dragging my husband to it is another story.;)

We always take early seating and generally enjoy the shows.

But the Capers always list 2 shows: Early show for late diners & Late show for the early seating. The early show lets out with sufficient time to get to dinner.

Was that not the case on your last cruise?

Charlie

The shows are offered twice in most cases, once for early dining and once for late dining. We typically choose late dining, and we've never had an issue making it to a show. Now, dragging my husband to it is another story.;)

Have always had early and late shows for early and late seatings at each meal, on every Carnival cruise we have taken.

But, you could always get your time dining so you can go when YOU want and see what shows YOU want.

Bill

We always take early seating and generally enjoy the shows.

But the Capers always list 2 shows: Early show for late diners & Late show for the early seating. The early show lets out with sufficient time to get to dinner.

Was that not the case on your last cruise?

Charlie

I couldn't remember from the last cruise. I know that we made it to the talent show (one of our tablemates performed) and I know that we made it one of the clean comedy shows. (Not really interested in the "adult" ones.) But everything else is a big blur. LOL

Late seating you will miss some shows that are not done twice such as the Legends or Guest Talent show. The regular productions shows and comedy acts are usually done twice so you should not miss them.

Dave

I don't think I've missed those shows. They usually start at 10:30 p.m. I usually have time to even go change my clothes if I want. Of course, we usually get a table for 2 which would be a lot shorter dining time than a table for 8 or 10.

I don't think I've missed those shows. They usually start at 10:30 p.m. I usually have time to even go change my clothes if I want. Of course, we usually get a table for 2 which would be a lot shorter dining time than a table for 8 or 10.

If OP is seated at a larger table there is generally no problem with excusing yourself before dessert if the dinner is running long and you want to make the show.

Charlie

Archived