Difference between XPass and eDocs?

bryanjaync

Going on the Solstice in November. Finished my online checkin, and printed off the Xpasses. Read on here that luggage tags not available for ordering until 'edocs' are available. So, what is the difference between edocs and the Xpass ? Just luggage tags ? Just seems like with the Xpass i have what i need (plus passport and credit card) to board the ship.:confused:

I'm confused as well. I've printed my Xpasses already. How do I get my edocs and luggage tags?

This might vary depending on your TA (if you use one) but for us the links appeared on our reservation at the Celebrity site about 5 weeks before our cruise. The edocs link was on the same page where you print your express pass from and the luggage tags was on our reservation summary. Around the same time (just after I found them on my own) we received an email from Celebrity telling us they were available.

We received our link to our EDocs exactly 49 days before our cruise. You will receive an E-Mail saying that your EDocs are ready. Log into your MyCruises account and go to manage my reservation. Go to Online checkin page and at the bottom of the first page will be a link to your Edocs, also you will find a button to order your luggage tags.

• 5 years later...

Did you book thru a travel agent or expedia cruise agent? Our first two cruises we booked thru a travel agent, I was able to access eDocs and request luggage tags. Our upcoming cruise leaves Oct 27, still says luggage tags are not available. On Friday, I called our cruise agent (same one we used for 2 prior cruises) and she said she ordered the eDocs for us and hopes that our luggage tags will arrive in the same mailing.

Saturday after our mail was delivered and no luggage tags, I called Celebrity to find out exactly the status of our luggage tags. I was told "gee, that's strange, I'll let our IT department know and keep an eye out for your luggage tags".

My approach now is to wait and see if they actually do arrive by mail. I believe if nothing else, with our boarding pass, they know our cabin and can provide luggage tags at the pier.

Good luck, and know that you are not the only one in this situation.

Our e-docs & link to order luggage tags are normally about 49 days before our departure no matter if we booked direct or with a TA. The only time they take longer is when we have booked flights with Choice Air and then the e-docs and luggage tag link don't show up until about 28 days before departure. I

Going on the Solstice in November. Finished my online checkin, and printed off the Xpasses. Read on here that luggage tags not available for ordering until 'edocs' are available. So, what is the difference between edocs and the Xpass ? Just luggage tags ? Just seems like with the Xpass i have what i need (plus passport and credit card) to board the ship.:confused:

I only print off the XPass. If I booked any shore excursions through Celebrity I print them off which are in the Edocs package. I consider the rest of the Edocs package FYI and not needed. I order our luggage tags through Celebrity's website once Edocs are available.

Edited by davekathy