formal night on 10 day cruise?

porrah

We are booked on the Zuiderdam 10 day cruise to the Panana Canal. Does anyone know how many formal nights there are likely to be?

We're doing the same cruise (probably a different time though) and we're from the Toronto area as well. 3 is a lot of formal nights! Hubby will not be too happy if it's really hot.....:rolleyes: ;)

We are booked on the Zuiderdam 10 day cruise to the Panana Canal. Does anyone know how many formal nights there are likely to be?

We're doing the same cruise (probably a different time though) and we're from the Toronto area as well. 3 is a lot of formal nights! Hubby will not be too happy if it's really hot.....:rolleyes: ;)

KK is right... there will be three. I just printed our express docs today and it says so right on the boarding pass.

When we were on the Zuiderdam -- the ship was nice and cool.

DH had no problems wearing his tuxedo in the dining room or to the lounges.

This sounds great but our Zuiderdam in January has the itinerary reversed. In that case when are the formal nights? Thanx

If that is the Jan 2 sailing, it is pretty straightforward... Sea days 1, 3 and 4 (i.e. Jan 3, Jan 7, Jan 10)

This sounds great but our Zuiderdam in January has the itinerary reversed. In that case when are the formal nights? Thanx

Taxmantoo is correct for the formal nights for your cruise.

I am not certain why your cruise is being done in reverse. I do know that the Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled to be at HMC on Jan 3 -- same day as you would have been had the schedule not been reversed. This has never stopped HAL from scheduling 2 ships on the same day for HMC in the past. I know that several times we have been there when there were 2 ships there.

Taxmantoo is correct for the formal nights for your cruise.

I am not certain why your cruise is being done in reverse. I do know that the Nieuw Amsterdam is scheduled to be at HMC on Jan 3 -- same day as you would have been had the schedule not been reversed. This has never stopped HAL from scheduling 2 ships on the same day for HMC in the past. I know that several times we have been there when there were 2 ships there.

According to Cruisereport.com Jan 3 has Nieuw Amsterdam AND Eurodam at HMC ... Zuiderdam would have made three. Perhaps three's a crowd:D:D:D

According to Cruisereport.com Jan 3 has Nieuw Amsterdam AND Eurodam at HMC ... Zuiderdam would have made three. Perhaps three's a crowd:D:D:D

Okay -- that makes sense -- one of the ships had to do an itinerary change.

I hate it when there are 2 ships there -- 3 -- I wouldn't even want to think about that. And 3 big ships to boot.

Archived