Cruise director

Leanne3c

On our Oasis cruise in June, that was Ken's last week to be on as cruise director. They had a big fairwell video in the Aqua Theater. He told us once we docked he would be getting off to head to Finland. Other crew members were leaving as well that week to go home for a bit and then head to Finland for training on the Allure. We talked to a gal who worked at the outdoor bar on the Boardwalk and told us about the training and how it all works. She had been asked to be a part of the Allure and was taking that contract. I think mostly they try to recruit those who are top notch. It sounds like they really run them through the paces to get ready for this assignment.

Thanks for the replies... We had Richard Spacey on the Oasis and he was GREAT!! I have seen a few You Tube clips of Ken Rush... There didn't seem to be a comparison.... I was secreatly hoping it would be Spacey!!!

Pretty sure Mr. Allan Brooks will be taking over for Rush after he takes her out.

I love Allan Brooks. In my opinion the most underrated CD with RCI. Love Richard Spacey too. For me, it's Richard first, Allan second. Ken Rush doesn't even make my top 10 but many here seem to love him.

On our Oasis cruise in June, that was Ken's last week to be on as cruise director. They had a big fairwell video in the Aqua Theater. He told us once we docked he would be getting off to head to Finland. Other crew members were leaving as well that week to go home for a bit and then head to Finland for training on the Allure. We talked to a gal who worked at the outdoor bar on the Boardwalk and told us about the training and how it all works. She had been asked to be a part of the Allure and was taking that contract. I think mostly they try to recruit those who are top notch. It sounds like they really run them through the paces to get ready for this assignment.

That and the fact they have one heck of a party during the crossing! No passengers ... just training by day and partying HARD by night!!! :D

Pretty sure Mr. Allan Brooks will be taking over for Rush after he takes her out.

If I can't have Richard Spacey for my Jan 2 sailing, I would love to have Allen Brooks! He was CD for Freedom OTS couple years back and I thought he was really funny! I agree, Allan Brooks is the most under rated CD at RCI.

• 6 years later...
Who will be the cruise director and who will be Activities director for November 18th cruise on the Granduer.

This is a 7 year old thread with outdated info on CDs who aren't even with RCI anymore.

Current Info on Cruise Directors: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2245980

Current Info on Activities Managers: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2158014

These threads are rather long, so make sure you look at the last page.

It is way too soon to know who will be onboard in November, but those lists are updated as soon as info is available. (There are changes occurring this month for which info is not yet available, so patience is needed)