When will Carnival put 3 people in a quad cabin?

toledo

I assume, as the sailing date get close, they might agree to this. There is only one triple available right now, but it's at the very front of the ship and I don't think we'd like that. Any suggestions?

Most any time, is what I would think. We booked our 09/19/10 Legend cruise about a year ago. We selected a quad cabin, although there are only two of us.

I assume, as the sailing date get close, they might agree to this. There is only one triple available right now, but it's at the very front of the ship and I don't think we'd like that. Any suggestions?

For popular cruising dates Carnival places restrictions on underbooking cabins. Even when they do allow such, they do so with the caveat that they can move you if they need the cabin (altho admittedly they apparently VERY seldom do so). Try "Duck's" suggestion! ken

As with Carnival sometimes....it depends.

They would not allow us to book 4 in an OV quad on the Elation for January 1st (because the Elation allows a rollaway to be brought in).

They would allow us to book 4 in a Interior quad..... :confused:

I have started to read more and more threads about ships that were built before 2000...with Carnival being more restrictive....

it just depends....

To book 3 in a quad. 6232 just this week, and they would not let me book it. I've had 4 in that cabin and it's to many. Had to go up 2 floors and book 7258 for 2 and getting an inside. I just cant see 4 in some of these cabins!:rolleyes:

The price you pay for wanting certain cabins...

No early saver rates here! I just don't want to get bumped to a bad triple. Would I still have a risk of that happening?

On my upcoming Spirit cruise, I wanted to put 3 in a quad. They wouldn't let me. I booked 4 several months ago (no early saver), and cancelled one about mid July. I am still in the quad cabin.

I think the moral of the story here is that CCL can do what they want to. Just because you book 3 in a quad doesn't guarantee you as they have the right to move you if they desire.

That's why you get the "may or may not" answers here. You'll find out.

Well, I just don't get it. There look to be tons of quads available. They are going to risk losing our family of 5 because of a shortage of triples. The Emerald Princess is my second choice, as the itinaray is similar, and price is just slightly higher.

There's only 3 of us and our past 2 cruises with Carnival we had a quad! Just call up and tell them what room you want! Our PVP always books us in a Quad!

There's only 3 of us and our past 2 cruises with Carnival we had a quad! Just call up and tell them what room you want! Our PVP always books us in a Quad!

Again, for certain sailings Carnival places a restriction on underbooking cabins, whereby PVP's and TA's alike are not allowed to underbook the cabins.

During other unrestricted sailings, PVP's and TA's CAN underbook cabins, but they are responsible for advising you that you may be moved if they eventually need the cabin. While this apparently seldom happens, I personally wouldn't want this uncertainty hanging over my head.

ken

Suggestions......well, there are other cruise lines. This may not be the suggestion you wanted.

We have booked triples with only 2 people several times and never had an issue. Actually we have one booked right now for our group. The reason we booked these is because they were the last cabins available at the best price.

They have all been balcony cabins........and have always been booked no more then 4 months out......never had an issue.......

There is an issue with 2 in a triple. It's the quad cabins they are refusing to book 3 in on most cruises now. I have looked at several and they all say in red at the top of the Carnival page.

1230 : The stateroom category selected has an occupancy restriction. Changes in occupancy may result in a change in fare.

When we first booked our B2B Carnival had restricted the quad cabins. I checked about a month later and the quads opened up on one of the sailings but not the other one. I called them and asked if they could book us into that room for the week that was still restricted. They checked with their manager and agreed to do it with the understanding that they may move us if they have to. Three months later and they have not changed our room yet.

I am quite nervous they will bump us, but I will be really glad to not have to change rooms on our B2B

Archived